PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Info

chris p.
12-10-2011, 09:07 PM
i was looking for some info on which pipe would be better suited to a 90cc with a malossi big bore and stage6 crank : a snyder or a holt pipe.both are excellent products (have both but haven't tried them yet)but i was just wondering if anyone has used either with this combo. thanks guys.

kfx450
12-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I don't know about the holt pipe but the difference between the snider pipe and the pcs are words apart. The snider pipe is mild while with pcs pipe our small rider has trouble with the bike turning sideways from so much power.

mmsoup
12-11-2011, 09:29 AM
You are going to hear all kinds of testimonials on this topic........

Billy's pipe will probably run a Big Bore better than the Snyder.

There are much better pipes for that set-up out there though.

chris p.
01-01-2012, 08:59 PM
thanks guys.any opinions on the mach1 ??

Logan #34's Dad
01-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I know that Hetrick's 90cc pipe was designed FOR that cylinder. Tyler Mack ran that engine with a trackside pipe to the National Championship 2 years ago. Ron Kersey of RC motorsports in Indiana KNOWS them Big Bores.....

mmsoup
01-02-2012, 12:31 PM
We run the Mach 1 on one of our kids race quads and a Malossi MHR ATV pipe on our other childs quad.

We have run a Snyder, PCS and Trackside in the past on these set-ups

I thought you were interested in the better of the two pipes you mentioned and was trying to avoid adding to much to the thread.

We run the Mach 1 (Roost) pipe on a Malossi BB straight out of the box with a Stage 6 Digital inner rotor and a Malossi Overrange CVT. We run a Haggerty Intake and a Keihin 28mm D Slide. That pipe is excellent. It creates better everything over the above mentioned pipes. Revs better, revs higher, pulls incredibly well and has a killer torque curve.

The other motor is a Chris Grissom ported Malossi BB with a stock head and the same intake and CVT. That motor is driven by a Malossi MHR ATV pipe. That set-up is just a bit stronger than the above. The porting changes things though. The Malossi pipe works better on the ported cylinder than the Mach 1 and vice versa.

Just my .02

chris p.
01-02-2012, 03:23 PM
LOL.last thing i want to do is start a bar fight.we have both pipes and after playing around with both we started looking into others and the mach1 seems to be the most mentioned so that's why i put it out there.our 60 foot times decreased with the holt pipe but one other seemed to have more bottom end (which ironically is a modded kx pipe and would lift the front tires for about 30 feet on asphalt). we race mx and were just experimenting during the off season. by the way we have a bb malossi with a stage6 crank and full porting,koso intake with 28mm koso carb and overrange with pvl.thanks guys !!!!!!!

asadad00
01-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree with mmsoup. we also have had, tried and tested all of the above pipes and the Mach-1 is the the fastest and quickest of them all. When ordering the Mach-1 let him know it is a ported motor because he just built a special 86cc pipe for it , and its even better than the regular 86cc pipe .