PDA

View Full Version : Building a trail/track quad

livetoride249
12-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I just got an 88 trx250r, i traded my old truck for it. I want to start building it, and I really like some of the things ESR has to offer. I know DRI charges way to much, but how's CT parts compare to ESR? I planned on getting at least a 310 kit, boyesen reeds and rad valve (much better than the generic vfarce) unless there's something else better than boyesen, and a full exhaust, maybe even a different carb set up, but not sure what would be recommended. Also if i got one of those 310 kits I was thinking of getting one with the powervalve, and definitely port/polish. Thanks, let me know, And what's some good suspension ideas?

C-LEIGH RACING
12-11-2011, 07:30 AM
CT has some good stuff, but not cheap just like DRI.
The 310 kit from CT, will run $899, it is a Pro-x cylinder though.
A 310 PV from CT will run around $1400.00 &will have the best PV valve on the market right now.

Boysene Rad Valve would be a good pick. Works well from bottom end up to midrange rpm levels.
Boysene Rad Valve solves a few problems as well.
How it is made, it has the intake made in so you dont have a problem mounting up a larger carb, like you would with the old stock TRX intake.
If you went with the CT cylinder kit, the CT midrange MX would be a good pipe to go along with the cylinder kit, but get the porting to match that pipe.

ESR,
you've seen their prices, so you know a 310 will cost $499.00, & if you have a long rod bottom end, you'll need the spacer plate kit which will be an extra 50 bucks.
It will come with a basic port job, which is a match up of the ports & can be improved upon quite a bit for some more ponies should you need more later on.
ESR prices, will be very hard to beat & at this time, Eddie is realy doing a lot for the ol 250R when others have stepped out & left.
Low prices, sometime reflects maybe having problems down the road, but is so with anything new on the market & is to be expected because of the price.
A good engine builder, can catch anything that could go wrong in the begining, so to head off any problems later on.

Far as the ride, a quality set of adjustable shocks, will do wonders in that department, even with stock a arms & rear axle.

I just realized you have this thread in the wrong forum, but a mod will probably move it for you.
Neil