PDA

View Full Version : full flight a arms

400eXz
12-10-2011, 10:59 AM
hey can i get a review of the +2+1 full flights, my grandpa just ordered me some for a christmas present, and it will be on my quad for tt and flat track/

01boneless
12-10-2011, 11:25 AM
there just fine for tt and flat track. for mx there good to just have to get the heim joints welded on iirc

05DodgeDakota
12-10-2011, 11:40 AM
probably would have been better to go +3+1 for tt and ft

mineralgrey01gt
12-10-2011, 01:27 PM
I had some and liked them. They helped. I paired them with a set of works shocks:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv91/lilzilla2008/photo5.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv91/lilzilla2008/IMG_0403.jpg

400eXz
12-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 05DodgeDakota
probably would have been better to go +3+1 for tt and ft '
i didnt know they made a +3+1 but the thing is my quad is setting at 45 inches right now and with the +2+1's it will be setting at 49, and i need to get new wheels and stuff. and the widest you can go in tt and ft is 50 inches

05DodgeDakota
12-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Ya you'd have to run 4 +1 wheels

400eXz
12-10-2011, 07:19 PM
yep i plan on getting tusk adjustable rear axle, white laker custom plastic, blue frame, new wheels, front shocks, rath swaybar, factory effex seat cover and spastic graphics!

dxcody
12-10-2011, 07:41 PM
they are noisy.

I have them on my quad and if you dont keep them lubed up they they sound terrible.

But they work pretty good

250x_kyle
12-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 01boneless
there just fine for tt and flat track. for mx there good to just have to get the heim joints welded on iirc

nope no need to weld heim joints on. if you do that it would make it a pita to replace when the spherical bearing goes junk . what everyone is doing is replaceing them with a higher end hiem joint that has a stronger shank then what they come with off the production line. i have also heard balljoint seperation is an issue with these aarms but my opinion on that is check your front end before you ride any ball joint can seperate.

400exrip
12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey, you can be 51'' wide in the EDT Series

400eXz
12-11-2011, 04:03 PM
ok good to know!

quadmanw
12-13-2011, 07:19 PM
What is a better replacent heim joint for these? Mine were shot after 2 rides -__-

250x_kyle
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by quadmanw
What is a better replacent heim joint for these? Mine were shot after 2 rides -__-

is their a number off them to cross reference should be on the race body around the bearing.

quadmanw
12-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I have no clue I wont see them for awhile. I would deff like to upgrade though

jman7290
01-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I had them on mine, they are built really well and have a lifetime replacement warranty. The only downfall is that they are really heavy and the balljoints that come on them wear out really quick. I hear they have an improved spindle now, you must use lock tight on them. I had a lower one come apart and drop down out on the trails, luckly I was slowing down to cross a creek when it happened. I did buy an improved balljoint that they started selling, but I only got a few rides on them before my quad got stolen. They seemed to do the trick though, but they were like an additional $200.00 dollars with the improved heims. If I build another bike I will just save up for Lonestars or somthing!

THESE ARE BRAND NEW FULLFLIGHT RACING A-ARMS REPLACEMENT HEIM JOINTS SOLD ON EBAY:

THIS IS A FULL SET OF UPGRADED CHROMOLY HEIMS, SELF LUBRICATING & SELF SEALING WITH NYLA-MATRIX INJECTION MOLDED RACE. THESE ARE THE VERY TOP OF THE LINE HEIMS THAT ARE USED ON MILLION DOLLAR CROSS COUNTRY TROPHY TRUCKS AND RAILS THAT COMPLETE THE BIG 1000 MILE RACES. ROCK CRAWLERS AND SAND CARS USE THESE SAME HEIMS AS WELL. THEY ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY HEIMS ON THE MARKET TODAY, THEY HANDS DOWN SURPASS THE KEVLAR-TEFLON LINING, TYPE HEIMS. THE CHROMATE PLATING GIVES THEM A VERY STYLISH LOOK AND APPEARANCE. WE HERE AT FULLFLIGHT RACING WORK VERY HARD, TO GIVE YOU THE BEST POSSIBLE UPGRADES, WHILE KEEPING AFFORDIBILITY.

05 440 11:1 Big Bore, Hot Cams stage 2, GT Thunder HD studs and HD timing chain, Ported & Polished, Trinity stage 4 full exhaust, Edelbrock Doug Eichner signature series 440 carb with billet spacer plate, AMR stage 3 CDI with Monster Coil, Procom voltage regulator, 3 degree key, Uni Filter with Pro Design Billet intake adapter and aluminum air box with scoop and Outerwares, custom crankcase breather, over sized aluminum oil tank with air ports, Hinson Billet basket and fibers with EBC springs, EMS high torque racing starter, Elka Elite front shocks with Full Flight +2 A-Arms, LoneStar +3 axcalaber axel with billet twin row bearing carrier, LSR brake block off, Hiper bead locks, Maxis Razr 2's, 16/38 gearing, D.I.D. X-ring chain, DG Fat series swing arm skid, DG Pro nerf bars, DG V-Lite front bumper,DG case saver, DG front frame gaurd, OMF air scoops, Rox dash panel and hand gaurds, Precision steering stabilizer, Fasst Flexx bars, Terry Cable thumb throttle, ODI locking Grips.