PDA

View Full Version : Twist throttle

jkosakowski
12-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I bought a motion pro twist throttle just because of the price (20 bucks) just would like some feedback on how you guys like twist throttles

dxcody
12-07-2011, 08:00 PM
i have a streamline, not installed but i have one, and it sucks because it only turns like a 1/4 turn

so its like you go from idle to wide open instantly

jkosakowski
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM
ya i got a 1/4 turn one but i got it just to see what its like i know borich and mcgill use one so well se.

CJM
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
To dangerous imho due to the way you ride a quad and the possibility of bumps/whatever causing you to twist the throttle full blast and crash.

Drfat400ex
12-07-2011, 08:39 PM
^agree with him man, not only are they dangerous, but they're just more difficult to use on a four wheeler, if you start falling off or you case a jump, land with your face over the bars, your hand is going to pull all the way back on the throttle and it's gonna go!

maddmaxxx
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
-i called motion pro...1/4 turn is more for a 2 stroke

-motion pro recommended the 'cr' style...[more turn to it]

-been riding since i was a safety boy [1970]...and cant get used to the thumb throttle...i tried but no cigar for me anyways

-my wife and son who both own 400ex's love the thumb throttle tho

dxcody
12-08-2011, 03:17 AM
someone makes one, where its twist and thumb, so like if your in a field and feel like your thumb is tired you can use it, then flip a switch and its back to thumb throttle.

I would be much better on a dirtbike if they had a thumb throttle,

Im just like maddmaxx only the opposite.

Walker Fowler uses one too

05DodgeDakota
12-08-2011, 05:21 AM
normally the only guys that use one is because they ride bikes too. That being said I wouldn't mind the combo throttle where you can switch back and forth, would also be a good way to learn. And yes 1/4 turn is too short IMO.

BTW, Thomas Brown uses a thumb throttle on his bike lol

Stickman400
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
It's called a Dual Gasser, made by Terry Cable. Link: http://www.terrycable.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTA1Nw==

I don't mind twist throttle, but I can't ride with one on a track to save my life. I twist and use my wrists to absorb too much and I end up giving it gas when I don't want to. I wreck almost everytime I hit a jump on a dirtbike.

steve181
12-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Stickman400
It's called a Dual Gasser, made by Terry Cable. Link: http://www.terrycable.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTA1Nw==

I don't mind twist throttle, but I can't ride with one on a track to save my life. I twist and use my wrists to absorb too much and I end up giving it gas when I don't want to. I wreck almost everytime I hit a jump on a dirtbike.

wiskey throttle hahaha

Stickman400
12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Hey now, lol I get enough s#it from my friends. I know I could rip on a bike if it had a thumb throttle, but nobody will put one on their bike for me to try it.

ridgeracer
12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
It's a preference thing really. Most bike riders want a twist throttle and most quad owners prefer the thumb. I've tried both on my quad and found it was a lot of fun but It was harder for me to get used to. When it gets rough I would tend to throttle hard which lead to problems but you can overcome that with practice.

jkosakowski
12-08-2011, 03:12 PM
^ thats wat im thinking is that i will just have to ride alot over the winter and race a bit to get used to it. So weel see whats its like when i get it on monday:)

dxcody
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Stickman400
Hey now, lol I get enough s#it from my friends. I know I could rip on a bike if it had a thumb throttle, but nobody will put one on their bike for me to try it.

Dude i wanna try that also. I cant ever hardly ride a dirtbike, but i swear if it had a thumb throttle i could.

jkosakowski
12-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Just thought i say how i liked the twist throtle. In my opinion its the way to go i have rode on my xc track since i got it and its more comfortable to ride with it and its way easier to stand up and ride.

jkosakowski
12-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Just thought i say how i liked the twist throtle. In my opinion its the way to go i have rode on my xc track since i got it and its more comfortable to ride with it and its way easier to stand up and ride.

CJM
12-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Hope it works well for ya been there tried it and NEVER again. Way to easy to lose control with on a quad vs a bike.

05DodgeDakota
12-24-2011, 12:11 PM
edit: oops wrong thread

finsteratv
12-24-2011, 11:03 PM
I actually love having a twisty on my dirtbike haha..had one on my 300ex when i bought/had that and its kinda fun. I thought about swapping over on my 450 also but my dad rides my 450 when im on my bike and he doesnt like em, i guess im gifted....i can ride both :p I do think 1/4 turn are no bueno..

JOHNDOE83
12-25-2011, 05:44 AM
for me twist is best and always will be.

With thumb you only have 4 fingers holding the handle grips.

with twist you can use you whole hand.