PDA

View Full Version : New Graphics

RideRed400EX
12-07-2001, 09:57 AM
I'm going to put in my new graphics this weekend. Any suggestions for making sure they are straight? Can you use a positioning liquid under the stickers then squeegee them out (similar to window tint)?

12-07-2001, 10:58 AM
Heres the best way to do it,,,this is the way I've done it a few times. Get a spray bottle full of water,,,ONLY water,,,clean the plastic with rubbing alcohol real good and let it dry. Spray the plastic and the sticker both with water,,don't drown it,,just a spray or two on each. You'll be able to put the stickers on move them around and pull them back off if you need to,,,,then just use your thumb to push the sticker down and this will push the water out. On some spots were the sticker will raise up or bubble becasue of the bend the plastic,,,just heat it up with a blow dryer and keep pressing down on it. It will eventually seat properly,,,this will get them on nice and neat,,promise..:D

Tommy 17
12-07-2001, 11:08 AM
i just taped it with clear masking tape and took off a little bit of the piece of graphic paper at a time and pushed it down. at the bends i heated it like rico said.

1 word of advice on the front hood where the front sticker goes if u have any deepscrathes where rocks hit ur plastic sand them smooth i didn't and know mine had like air bubble looks in them but they aren't air bubbles.