PDA

View Full Version : fox vs ohlins

hunter61
12-05-2011, 08:28 PM
i have a set of fox floats on houser a arms and was thinking about selling and buying some ttx ohlins........ has any one ever ran them, what was your opinion?
worth going from air to spring?

brewster426
12-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Travis Moore runs ohlin stuff..he's fast. Ohlin has been making shocks for a LONG time. They range from dirt late model stuff to quads. I think they make a top of the line shock. Look at custom axis aka Penske. They make shocks for everything. And are a very good shock. The more diverse a shock company is the more grasp they have on how to make them better. Or at least it seems that way to me.

bad450r08
12-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I see what your saying but fox makes shocks for mtn bikes, dirt bikes, quads, sleds, and trucks. Fox is probably the most diverse shock out their. And look at the gates in the nationals almost every rider out their runs them

brewster426
12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I didnt mean to come across like I was saying thy fox isn't good. All I was meaning by that is that ohlin makes a good shock just like fox does. I guess it's all in what you want.

jjohns5
12-06-2011, 02:04 PM
I think the reason why you see so many riders on Fox is because of sponsorship and the way they reach out to sponsor more and more riders,they have the funds,(I may be wrong).People love Fox, I have never used them and they are probably great, I think it comes down to Chevy/Ford which has already been disscused,or if they are set up correctly for you,Valving/weight/riding style ect...I bet you can get an Ohlins shock to work just as good for you as a Fox,Axis,PEP ect or vise,versa...I think Pb1 has an advantage over others because of the special valving, larger oil capacity and anti-roll characteristics; perfect for the everyday racer, that are supposively unmatched by any other company on the market.So, if you want to change it up you probably wouldn't be dissapointed in Ohlins as long as you have a experienced tech who knows shocks on the set up portion.Of course you will need no pump switching to a coil and once you get them tuned correctly they will be set and ready to go every ride. I personaly would go from air to spring but everyone is entilted to there opinion...

Balaz_73*00
12-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I ran elka's before my fox's that I ran this year. I only switched because I picked up a fox sponsorship. I prefer to run a shock with springs. I guess to me its just a pain in the arse to be pumping and checking pressures before you ride. I will stay with fox again due to sponsorship, but I really want to ride axis. To sum it up, I'd go spring over air personally.

FW_cArBoN
12-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I've run them all, and the Ohlins TTX is by far the best setup I've ever been on.

2nd: PEP PB-1
3rd: Axis Triple Adjust w/ Ti Springs
4th: Fox

05/450r/10
12-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Balaz_73*00
I ran elka's before my fox's that I ran this year. I only switched because I picked up a fox sponsorship. I prefer to run a shock with springs. I guess to me its just a pain in the arse to be pumping and checking pressures before you ride. I will stay with fox again due to sponsorship, but I really want to ride axis. To sum it up, I'd go spring over air personally. yesss i hate going out every time i want to ride and dealing with pumping them up! but i got them cheap so i just had to do but eventually i want to get axis

hunter61
12-11-2011, 05:46 PM
yeah ive hbeard really good things about the ohlins, thanks for all the opionions and suggestions.........ive always liked spring shocks guess imma try gettin a set!

hunter61
12-11-2011, 05:46 PM
yeah ive hbeard really good things about the ohlins, thanks for all the opionions and suggestions.........ive always liked spring shocks guess imma try gettin a set!