PDA

View Full Version : winter to summer

player-b
02-27-2003, 07:29 PM
I've just gotten a 2000 400ex with a few mods. I have my suspicions about whether it's jetted correctly. Should I wait until the weather gets back to the norm (70+ degrees) in Alabama before I take it to have it rejetted? Will it make that much of a difference from 55 and rainy to 70 and sunny? Experts? Any suggestions on a local dealer or a shadetree mech. in the Birmingham area? Rob

tryken
02-27-2003, 08:30 PM
What mods do you have?

player-b
02-27-2003, 09:01 PM
I have a k*n filter with outerwears filter cover and airbox cover and Big Gun race exhaust. I have a couple of buddies that used to live in Conway. The Thorntons, Kyle and Kelly, and also Bryce Mulder from the PGA tour is from there.

tryken
02-27-2003, 09:51 PM
You can see my mods and I am going to wait until it is consistently above about 55 degrees until I re-jet. That is unless it is just real bad off when I get in my new slip-on I have oredered. I rode in the snow the other day and didn't think I was ever going to get my quad warmed up enough to idle without dieing. I don't know if that was b/c it was so cold (about 27 degrees) or b/c of the k & n filter and airbox lid removed.