PDA

View Full Version : DWT .190 red labels

backwoods 400ex
12-04-2011, 08:27 AM
HI im loooking into a new set of rims and im looking at racing some mx and was jw if these rims would hold up? thanks

drew416ex
12-04-2011, 12:58 PM
depending how hard you ride no. The edge of the wheel will bend pretty easy on large jumps. My stock wheels lasted longer than these because of the rolled edge. If youre not looking at spending too much i would say get some itp baja wheels. They arent as good as beedlocks, but are stronger than the red labels.

Stickman400
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
I agree with drew on that one. I had a set of .180(black labels or whatever) on my 400 when I first got it and bent them within 2 weeks of putting them on. Slapped my stockers back on and they lasted me the last 7 years until I finally got around to buying ITP Baja's all around for it. That rolled lip makes a world of difference.

backwoods 400ex
12-08-2011, 09:44 AM
okay thanks i was looking thro DWTs rims in dennis kirk and i noticed that the A5 rims have a rolled lip would they be better?

CJM
12-08-2011, 10:11 AM
I bought A5's awhile ago for the rear. They are ok but dented WAY to easy on the rolled area from riding. They did ok in the sand and such, but when I went to a rocky area is where they got all beat up. The wheels also chipped super easy.

Honestly the stockers are better.

FWIW I been toying with buying either the new gforce XC ultimate wheels (no reviews on RMATV makes me wary) or the STI sport alloys on RMATV where several have said they liked them.

I surely dont want to buy another set of wheels only to have them bend. Friend of mine just got the new geforce GP wheels and the front one bent on a stump with only 2 hours ride time.