PDA

View Full Version : Percision VS CCP

mx Eli
12-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Just wondering if any of you have used both and which one you think is better, or if they work the same or what everyones experiences are with them

Thanks
Eli

DnB_racing
12-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by mx Eli
Just wondering if any of you have used both and which one you think is better, or if they work the same or what everyones experiences are with them

Thanks
Eli Ive never owned a ccp but have ridden on friends quads with them, and as far as ride quality they seam just as smooth and stable as my precision

but stabilizers are a quite type of gain.. meaning its sometimes hard to realize how good its working, because you dont realize that there should have been a hard hit, you just dont feel the slam,
you notice the conditions when you dont have a stabilizer..

with that being said, I did like the ccp, but to really know how good it worked, I would have to have ridden the same trails without the stabilizer to feel the difference without

bobbo97f150
12-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I've owned both. I couldn't tell a big difference between the two. I buy the CCP's now when I need a stabilizer. They now offer one with the independent center and side adjustments like the Precision. I haven't tried it though.

My experience is only with MX. I don't have any experience with hitting trees, roots, boulders, and whatever else you may encounter with XC riding.

mx Eli
12-04-2011, 06:29 PM
yeah all mx here so no xc rocks/ruts,
I have a elka system 3 right now and the fluid leaks out within a 2 hour ride/practice, im tired of taking apart to add fluid.

bobbo97f150
12-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I'd check and see how much it would cost to have the seals changed in the Elka where it will not leak anymore. If it's cheaper than the cost of the CCP, I'd try to go that route.

johnsoninc86
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM
I've had an Elka System 3 as well as a CCP, which I currently run. I can tell you right now, I had the same issue as the above fella with the Elka leaking like crazy, even after being rebuilt by Jet Suspension. The rebuild helped it, but there was still leakage, it just never really worked well in general. I sold it and put on a CCP and never really looked back. I've had the CCP on for two seasons now without a rebuild and its still as tight as the day I got it. I'd buy one again for sure...

Just like the guy above me said, you don't really notice a stabilizer's performance until its not there, so its hard to compare two against eachother, but I know I've never been in the middle of a race and said "I wish I had a better stabilizer right now" with the CCP, it does its job just dandy...

laeger2fiddyr
12-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I've had the CCP. Ran it for a year then sold it and got a Precision Pro. Dnt wast your money on the CCP just get the Precision!!

mx Eli
12-05-2011, 02:31 PM
travis was it really worth the extra 300 bux?

laeger2fiddyr
12-05-2011, 02:36 PM
For me it was. I've rode Ryan's quad & he has a CCP & I liked it. But his is an older, diff style than what I had. It worked good on breaking bumps & rough stuff but it sucked in the corners it just seemed like it would cause me to spin out if that makes any sense?

mx Eli
12-05-2011, 02:40 PM
i see, I'll ask ryan what version he has and go from there, i dont really have 500 bux laying around right now haha

laeger2fiddyr
12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Honestly they are 200 bux, buy one & try it. If you don't like it, sell it & then get a Precision. Its just diff for some people. Seth used to run them too but got a new style like I had & hated it. I think Ryan has the 1st version.

mx Eli
12-05-2011, 08:17 PM
yeah just talked to him he has the first version. I might try and find a used percision

thanks man

Pacheco_450r
12-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Anyone know if the ccp is rebuildable?

johnsoninc86
12-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Pacheco_450r
Anyone know if the ccp is rebuildable?
It is rebuildable. You can either send it back to the guy and have him do it, or you can rebuild it yourself. You can even call him and he'll explain how to do. It just used common seals that you can get at any hardware store. I've yet to rebuild mine, but two of my buddies have, and they said it was a piece of cake...

Pacheco_450r
12-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Awesome thanks for the info! Sorry for hacking the thread guys.