PDA

View Full Version : 2010 yfz 450r wiring???

blracing
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
We want to remove the start/kill/light switch and install a dirtbike style. We do have a tethe rtype kill switch wiring in ablove the front sprocket using the GYTR kit. Need directions on rewiring. We have removed all the lights and do not need to use them.

funyun
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I recently did this on my bike. Removed the stock kill/starter/light thing from the bars and used a YZ kill switch as my starter button and installed a tether kill switch. What I did was follow the 2 wires from the oem starting button and the other two for the kill slide. These 2 sets of wires both go into a 4 wire connector thats plugged in under the front fender. Took the wires out of the oem connector and put in the 2 from my tether and the 2 from the yz button, plugged it in just like oem.

You will need to open up the stock big switch to see which color wires are going to which part. Like i said the kill slide is 2 wires and the starting button is another 2 and they go in a 4 wire connector. The headlights have their own seperate connector and I just left that there wrapped in electrical tape.