PDA

View Full Version : pulling to the right, when riding wheelies

12-07-2001, 08:40 AM
Has anyone had probs with there 400 pulling to the right when riding wheelies, Ive changed air pressure, readjusted the chain Ive tried a number of things and nothing seems to help straighten it out. HELP if you know whats wrong. reply to ojirot@2access.net

beerock
12-07-2001, 09:33 AM
Is one of the tires worn more than the other?

are you sure you checked the air pressure correctly in both tires?

worse case scenario, could be your frame is bent.

do you ride it hard? have you dumped it hard?

wheelies are stupid if you ask me. unless your doing them to get over whooops on a track

crday98
12-07-2001, 09:39 AM
try asking in the chassis forum,you stand a better chance of getting some help there.

12-07-2001, 11:07 AM
Not being a smarty pants but I didnt ask you if you thought they were cool or not, I just wanted to know why it might be doing this, It is a 2001 model never been dumped or wrecked. I also used a pro-tire gauge for low pressure tires I have Razors on it that are even on tread. ?

redrider ex
12-07-2001, 01:37 PM
beleive me its the tire pressure i have razrs on mine and mine does this every once in a while when i bring it up in a wheelie
and lets say its pulling to the right i let air out ofthe left tire which ever wat its pulling you let air out of the opposite tire . My buddy just got razrs on his and his was doing the same thing as your saying but it was'nt when he had on his stock tires he said he had
tried every thing and had the air pressure even and so i rode it and played with the air pressure and fixxed it. redrider ex
P.S. i can't beleive beerock said wheelies are stupied hes the first atc or v rider i have ever hered say that the people i know think im crazy because i can bring it up in 3rd shift to 4th and 5th
and ride it as long as theres a strait path.

hippy440
12-07-2001, 09:45 PM
I think he's just mad that he cant ride a wheelie:rolleyes: beerock are you sure you dont ride a rapturd?:devil

12-07-2001, 10:07 PM
What pressure do you run in your rear tires ? please reply

Chef
12-07-2001, 11:17 PM
what kind of tires are you running? the only time my razrs dont pull to the left or right side is on asphalt, cause my bike will spin them everywhere else, even on like brushed concrete, not smooth, cause i do donuts on smooth with them :D

ive heard of 18" holeshots pulling to the right, and also the middle staying dipped with a whole ton of air in them, so maybe its just the tires

redrider ex
12-08-2001, 09:50 AM
I run 10 psi in the front and back. redrider ex

Tommy 17
12-08-2001, 12:21 PM
10 psi i run 2 in the rear and 3 in the front is this good or bad...:huh

Leo
12-08-2001, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by chad lones
Has anyone had probs with there 400 pulling to the right when riding wheelies, Ive changed air pressure, readjusted the chain Ive tried a number of things and nothing seems to help straighten it out. HELP if you know whats wrong. reply to ojirot@2access.net

move your rear over to the left a bit ;)

tire pressure is critical, but you also need to be centered over the bike.. If it's constantly heading to the right, shift your weight to the left a bit....

:)

Leo

MichaelS693
12-15-2001, 03:22 PM
i agree with red rider.........its ur pressur when say ur right tire is low and pullin to the right let air out of the left one or add air to the right one u prob. have a pin hole somewhere

crday98
12-16-2001, 12:05 AM
it might be that the bearings in the carrier are worn.if there is play in the axle then when there is tension on the chain it will cause the axle to shift and it would make your quad ride in an odd fashion,just more noticable when doing wheelies.