PDA

View Full Version : pep pb1 or fox float evolv?

Dant06365
12-02-2011, 11:57 PM
hey guys building just picked up my houser crf hybrid from the pc shop and it's time to purchase shocks. I have used PEP shocks and axis shocks but have been doing some research on the fox float evolvs. I do alittle bit of everything, mx,trail,ice/winter,with my hybrid now and plan on doing the same with the new build but I'm tossing the idea to run the pep pb1s again or try out the new evolvs. anyone have any pro or cons on the new evolvs or experience between the both? thanks

Wired
12-03-2011, 08:53 AM
The only con to the pep's is the wait time to get them. If you got the time get the pep's! The floats arent bad but i havent met anyone that hasnt blown out a seal within the first year of having them.

the4billa
12-03-2011, 08:57 AM
I have had both fox are definitely good but no means compare to pb1 if you are serious about the pep pm me and I will put you intouch my my shock guy Seth at Sfracingonline he is the best and fast on new builds good luck either one u won't go wrong but pep is the best

hontrx265r
12-03-2011, 09:14 AM
I have a friend who may be parting a bike that has mint pb1's I'll let you know. His opinion was that the pb1's were better also. I am now running axis pro airs and they work very well. Its def. a pro's and cons thing. the air shocks ride better over all. But the coil shocks are more of a positive feel, and I also believe they feel better on a g out.

Dant06365
12-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I have an extra set of pb1s laying around gotta find a good place to send them to get rebuilt and set up. I'm def in need of a pep 16.5 no link rear tho!

the4billa
12-03-2011, 09:38 PM
call sfracing 309-208-4877 ask for seth he is the owner shock builder u cant go wrong will hook you up with what ever u need

gtilley45
12-04-2011, 09:35 AM
It's pretty much personal opinion. Personally, I like the Evols better than any other shock I've ever ridden and won't run anything else as long as I can get them. I just put a brand new set of Fox Evol front shocks on my Walsh YZ and I love them! Now if I could only get a good rear shock to go with them.

gtilley45
12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh and I had a set on my YFZ for probably 3 years and never blew a seal. I know a LOT of guys that run them and I've only heard of a couple times where any of them blew a seal...no more than any other shock.

mx Eli
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I had both pep's and floats on the same a arms, The pep's are better in my opinion, also if you do any ice racing the floats are almost impossible to setup, also floats are hard to get setup right if you lighter (I am 140 and had a hell of a time) pep's are easy to use, no more pump/loosing air.

you can find used sets in here at good prices, send them to seth and have em setup for you