PDA

View Full Version : Snow...where is it?

Sjorge450R
11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
So who have been able to hit a mountain this year? I have a trip planned to Killington with some friends as soon as finals end. That will be the first time I get out for the year. Its been way to warm in eastern PA for any mountains to make snow. Its unfortunate and really sucks. I have all new gear and I cant wait to break it all in. Let see some pics if you guys have been out already. heres my setup for this year. I won the jacket through a contest, otherwise, I would have went with something different, but regardless, its a real nice jacket.

honda400ex2003
11-30-2011, 05:50 PM
outside my house. :D whoot, got about half an inch so far in the last hour. I cant wait to see how much we get, hopefully it is enough to ride the snowmobile this weekend.

steve

chronicsmoke
12-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I know dude, I just bought a new setup for snowboarding..

I'm thinking about calling in sick tomorrow and going to Mont Tremblant.. But there's only 3 runs open..

:mad: JUST ****ING SNOW ALREADY!!!:grr:

ben300
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
I know dude, I just bought a new setup for snowboarding..

I'm thinking about calling in sick tomorrow and going to Mont Tremblant.. But there's only 3 runs open..

:mad: JUST ****ING SNOW ALREADY!!!:grr:

every year, i fear that this global warming **** is real, and snow is going to become a thing of the past

i just recently picked up a pair of Volkl Kendo 170 skis paired with marker Griffon bindings...these skis should make cruising super steep, big mount terrain along with teh hard groomers a blast this year...then two weeks ago, i got a breand new pair of lange rx120 freeride ski boots...havent bought a new pair of boots in in 5 years, so it was time...they cost me an arm, leg, and my first born:devil: hahaha ($$$$)

last year i got a 2010 pair of brand new volkl Bridge all mountain twin tips paired with marker griffon bindings. i wanted something that i could ski every where from deep pow,to the glades, groomers, and the terrain park, even the pipe. these skis were such a fantastic choice....i can see why they got several edditor choices adn best ski awards for 2010!

i cant wait to get out...im itching like a mu fugger!

Sjorge450R
12-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Its snowing in Killington right now. The mountains in PA are starting to blow snow now that its getting cold, but boarding on a shallow base is never fun. I really wish I lived closer to a mountain that has snow because I would totally just go right now. Killington is basically the closest with snow and they only have 10 or so trails open still. I have 2 weeks till I head up there. Hopefully they get more snow, because Im looking forward to boarding as much of that mountain as possible and cant wait to hit the glades.....cant make fake snow in the glades.

wilkin250r
12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Tahoe has been open since Thanksgiving. :blah:

89trx250r
12-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Yea but tahoe is having a terrible season compared to last winter...There hasnt been any significant storms and its mostly man made snow. They need to get hammered like last season 100'' weeks :)

wilkin250r
12-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
Yea but tahoe is having a terrible season compared to last winter...There hasnt been any significant storms and its mostly man made snow. They need to get hammered like last season 100'' weeks :)

Oh, man. Last season was one for the record books, it was EPIC. I knew guys that had 200 days on the slopes! The snow came early (October) and stayed late (all the way to June). In fact, I think we even got a small bit of snow late September, because the last storm on June 1st made it official, we had snow for ten months.

And you're right, no significant storms. I was just bragging about already being open, to be honest, I haven't even been out yet this year. We've had a few tourists who like to be out the first day the resorts are open, but business isn't really up to par yet. Thankfully, it has indeed been cold enough to make snow, or we wouldn't have anything at all.

liex21
12-02-2011, 05:25 PM
I went to killington last weekend it was pretty good riding for this early, felt like spring it was so warm. I love it there when its fully up and running Ive had a season pass for the past two years if your a full time student you can get them for 350 instead of 1200

ben300
12-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by liex21
I went to killington last weekend it was pretty good riding for this early, felt like spring it was so warm. I love it there when its fully up and running Ive had a season pass for the past two years if your a full time student you can get them for 350 instead of 1200

thats a steal!!!!!!! christ, holiday valley in ny is like $400 for a student pass and its like a 3rd of the terrain

chronicsmoke
12-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Well I couldn't take it. Went to St. Sauveur yesterday to take in the 2 runs they had open.

At least I got the cobwebs out early this year. All man made snow though, the 2 runs were chewed up really bad after a few hours..:ermm: