PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever hear of a denton adj linkage

quadfmx
11-29-2011, 09:49 PM
link (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NOS-DENTON-RACING-LINKAGE-SETUP-86-89-HONDA-TRX250R-YAMAHA-BANSHEE-/270843611946?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0f898b2a#ht_500wt_873)

here is a link to one on ebay, ive never heard anyone talk about it in the stock, vs no link,vs cr 500 link discussions

sameltoe
11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
I don't think that is a swing arm linkage....

Looks like a shifter lever...

Thought maybe it would be like the Durablue adjustable link, But I think thats a shifter.

I often wonder if any body made an aftermarket link, like the gtthunder or textiera,etc for the 250's like they do for the 450's...

trx250racer
11-29-2011, 10:11 PM
i think it is a gear shifter linkage. supposed to make shifting easier. also it is being sold by a member on here maybe he will chime in.

atvmxr
11-29-2011, 10:33 PM
oh wow!! didnt know these were ever mass produced! I bought the one from MacDizzy several years ago, thought it was one of a kind...

very cool find!!!

quadfmx
11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
so what is it exactly

hawaiiysr
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM
looks like an adjustable shift lever. too bad the linkage does not flip the shift pattern. Like motorcycle racing, GP stuff. to shift up you press the lever down. it takes some getting use to but when you get the hang of it, you shift so much faster.

atvmxr
12-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by quadfmx
so what is it exactly

from MacDizzy

"The shifter placement and my size 12 or so boots never got along. With its linkage I can adjust the shifter tension, height and throw. On the inside is an adjustable link using a heim joint. It hangs from the swing arm pivot bolt which has been reversed in position and is retained by a circlip. The inside is triple o-ringed to keep the sand or dirt out. I squirt it with WD 40 every so often to keep its action smooth. Because of its mechanical leverage I was able to let it have very light tension AND a very short throw."

Rich250RRacer
12-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I reallly hate to sound like a smartass, but Stevie Wonder would be able to see that's a shifter. Why was there any question about it? There's a splined portion that goes over the shaft, and a rubber- tipped part just like a stock shifter. Where exactly would THAT go on suspension linkage? And unless your related to some fuzzy creature from the northwest US, why would you even need it? Stock shifter height is adjustable by repositioning it on the shaft. The adjustable length might be beneficial to someone with freakishly long feet, but the linkage is just something else to wear out, just look at first generation Raptors and see for yourself. They used a linkage system that got sloppy before you even got the first ride on the quad.

DoonRider
12-01-2011, 02:22 PM
LOL, :) .