PDA

View Full Version : quick ?

anywhereEx
02-27-2003, 04:16 PM
I can get ahold of a Axis Dual rate Dual adjust rear shock with 2 rides on it for $600. The best part is, is it is set up for the exact riding style and weight. Should I go with this and suck it up on the price of Axis front shocks? Or Pass it up and rebuild the rear to match the works fronts that I have now? I know that Axis is top of the line with a price tag to match and the same with elka's..

I am running Houser +2's up front and +1.25 in the rear....

I have considered elka's strongly but this deal kinda puts them out of the picture. Also who has the best priced on axis front shocks?:

Colby@C&DRacing
02-27-2003, 04:31 PM
If it matchs all your specs it would be a great deal. you won't find a better shock. I can help you cut the cost on the fronts too.:D

Extremeracer167
02-27-2003, 06:36 PM
yeah the rebuilds are NOTHING compared to a full out aftermarket shock.

02-27-2003, 06:44 PM
I"d say jump on the rear shock for $600

Ex'r Marlin
02-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
yeah the rebuilds are NOTHING compared to a full out aftermarket shock. Ditto! And I too would have to agree with Rico to go for it!:)

Seriously though, that sounds too good to be true. Do you think there maybe something fishy with this rear shock for the price?:confused: Otherwise, sounds like a great price, and a great opportunity for you.

anywhereEx
02-27-2003, 07:53 PM
The guy is just real hard up for $ right now. Actually i have talked to him quite a bit. He will even guarantee the shock. Plus if I have any problems then I will feed rico beer after beer on the way up there to take care of the problem:macho

D@mn rico everytime I think about getting something you tell me go ahead it is a great deal......Now the wife is :grr , good thing she does not know that I am going to buy a set of fronts and get rid of my works