PDA

View Full Version : motor work prices

mx Eli
11-29-2011, 06:54 PM
was looking for motor work prices people had from baldwin, rage, or dasa. Im looking at getting a head done and would like tog et an idea what what they will cost me.

thanks for any opinions or help

eastside 400
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM
all depends on what you want done, you didnt give any info. What class are you racing first off. and is basically comes down to what you want to spend. To get the head done can be tons of different things, just recut the seat with new valves, or porting, or oversize valves, copper seats, ti valves, guides, cams, epoxy porting. sky is the limit, my suggestion would be to call them and talk to them to see what would work best for your ability and budget

mx Eli
11-29-2011, 09:13 PM
A port polish, +1 exh valves, shortened guides,cam, new seats,retainers,seals.

looking for right around 58ish hp to the wheels also the trany will be hardened and backcut. I will be racing pro on ice next year and 4-5 b class mx nationals 2012 season

sorry I wasnt really thinking there haha:(

3leggeddog
11-30-2011, 05:36 AM
you want 58 at the wheels? or at the crank?

titanium valves will help,with byllium seats. and your gonna need a good cam. +1 intake and exhaust. I would highly suggest milling the head with a lower comp piston. and a really good port. of course you need a good exhaust and intake set up to compliment this.

Why don't you give Jeff Barker a call at Extreme Tec ATV. 419-947-9208

He is getting ready to start my 09 head. We are shooting for 58 at the wheels, and I know he is gonna be cheaper for you then any of the big names, with just as good of results. We pulled 5 of 11 hole shots this year in B nationals with a "mild" build.

Thanks, and good luck

Brandon

mx Eli
11-30-2011, 05:34 PM
At the wheels for the hp. keep me updated on the build would b e interested in how much it will be, my head now has a webcam (729) stock size valves and good porting pretty good and pulls hard for the 53 at the wheels it has just looking for more. how long does he expect your head to last without a head rebuild? I'd love to use a non-big shop head becuase they do cost much less and i'm only 15 so not a unlimited budget.( I know some people are going to say thats to much for me and not trying to be cocky but I know what i can handle and if i didnt I wouldnt look into building this new head)

Ruf Racing
12-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by mx Eli
I'd love to use a non-big shop head becuase they do cost much less and i'm only 15 so not a unlimited budget.

Call Dave Hung @ HRE Racing Engines. http://www.hungracingengines.com/index.html

Good prices and great results! :D