PDA

View Full Version : does your new years resolution consist of working out in 2012? read this first

honduh440
11-29-2011, 05:45 PM
i know its long but its worth the read ..... if you lift weights on the regular you will love this .... if you dont ..... well it should motivate you to start.

"So, what are you doing for a living these days?" Bob asked me. We're sitting on the couch at one of those tedious holiday get-togethers, you know, the ones where you're supposed to be nice to family members you never see except during major holidays and funerals. I think Bob is my wife's brother-in-law's second cousin or something.

"I'm the assistant editor and a writer for Testosterone magazine," I say. Bob looks at me with a blank expression on his face, as if I'd just told him I sell handmade testicle warmers beside the freeway and was looking to open franchises across the nation.

"It's a bodybuilding magazine," I say.

Blank expression. Deer caught in the headlights. Ronnie Coleman doing trigonometry.

"Oh," Bob finally says, "I heard you were, like, one of those bodybuilder guys or something. So, what's that like, you know, working out every day and stuff? I just don't have time to lift weights all day, but I have been meaning to get rid of this beer belly." He takes another sip of beer. "What do you suggest?" Sip.

At first I was a little offended. I wanted to grab him up and say, "You can't tell I'm a bodybuilder?! Look at my ***! Now, if that's not a nice round squat-built piece of sirloin, I don't know what is! You think that comes naturally? I can crack walnuts with this puppy! Wanna see? Huh, punk? Do ya? Do ya?"

Then I realize this just might cause a scene and could cost me several Christmas presents. I was planning on returning any presents I got and using the money to buy a power rack, so I didn't want to jeopardize this gift getting opportunity. I also realized that old Bob probably had a certain preconceived image of a bodybuilder and I just didn't fit that image. I'm not gorilla huge; I weigh about 205 at 5'11" right now. (When I first started lifting I was a pudgy 159, so that's not too shabby.) Also, I wasn't wearing clown pants, a fluorescent string tank top, a hanky on my head and one of those little fanny packs. And isn't that what real bodybuilders are supposed to wear?

Bob continued to sit there drinking his Natural Light, smoking a cigarette and waiting for an answer, oblivious to the fact that he'd come this close to seeing some serious walnut- crunching *** power. I tried to figure out how I could explain to the average guy what the typical T-Man does and why he does it. How could I get him to understand what it is we do, how we feel, how we live? So I took a deep breath and told him something like this:

"Well, Bob, I guess you could use the term bodybuilder if you really need a label for what it is we do. Most of us actually don't stand on stage and compete, though. We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing. Truthfully, it goes beyond even that.

"Let's be honest here. We do it because of people like you, Bob. We look at you sitting there with your gut hanging over your belt and we watch you grunt and groan just getting out of a chair. Guys like you are our inspiration, Bob. You're better than Anthony Robbins, Bill Phillips, Deepak Chopra, and Zig ****ing Ziglar all wrapped up into one. We love it when guys like you talk about not having time to exercise. Every time we see you munching on a bag of potato chips, you inspire us. You're my shot in the arm, Bob, my living and breathing wake-up call, my own personal success coach.

"You want to know what it is we do? We overcome. We're too busy to train, too, but we overcome. We're too busy to prepare healthy meals and eat them five or six times a day, but we overcome. We can't always afford supplements, our genetics aren't perfect, and we don't always feel like going to the gym. Some of us used to be just like you, Bob, but guess what? We've overcome.

"We like to watch 'normal' people like you tell us about how they can't get in shape. We smile and nod sympathetically like we feel your pain, but actually, we're thinking that you're a pathetic piece of **** that needs to grow a spine and join a gym. You smile sheepishly and say that you just can't stay motivated and just can't stand that feeling of being sore. (For some reason you think that admitting your weaknesses somehow justifies them.) We listen to you ***** and moan. We watch you look for the easy way out. Because of people like you, Bob, we never miss a workout.

"You ask us for advice about diet and training and usually we politely offer some guidance, but deep inside we know you won't take our advice. You know that too. We smile and say, 'Hope that helps. Good luck,' but actually we're thinking, 'Boy, it would suck to be you.' We know that 99% of people won't listen to us. Once they hear that it takes hard work, sacrifice and discipline, they stop listening and tune us out.

"We know they wanted us to say that building a great body is easy, but it just isn't. This did not take five minutes a day on a TorsoTrack. We did not get this way in 12 short weeks using a Bowflex and the Suzanne Somers' 'Get Skinny' diet. A good body does not cost five easy payments of $39.95.

"We like it that while you're eating a candy bar and drinking Mountain Dew, we're sucking down a protein shake. You see, that makes it taste even better to us. While you're asleep we're either getting up early or staying up late, hitting the iron, pushing ourselves, learning, succeeding and failing and rising above the norm with every rep. Can you feel that, Bob? Can you relate? No? Good. This wouldn't be half as fun if you could.

"We do it because we absolutely and totally get off on it. We do it because people like you, Bob, either can't or won't. We do it because what we do in the gym transfers over into the rest of our lives and changes us, physically, mentally, maybe even spiritually. We do it because it beats watching fishing and golf on TV. By the way, do you know what it's like to turn the head of a beautiful woman because of the way you're built? It feels good, Bob. Damned good.

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance. If you do it long enough, Bob, there's even enlightenment. Sometimes, the answers to questions you didn't even know you had are sitting there on those rubber mats, wrapped up in a neat package of iron plates and bars.

"Want to lose that beer belly, Bob? I have a nutty idea. Put down the ****ing beer. I'll tell you what, Bob. Christmas morning I'm getting up real early and hitting the iron. I want to watch my daughter open her presents and spend the whole day with her, so this is the only time I have to train. The gym will be closed, so I'm going out in my garage to workout. You be at my house at six in the morning, okay? I'll be glad to help you get started on a weight training program. It'll be colder than Hillary Clinton's coochie in there, so dress warm.

"But let me tell you something, Bob. If you don't show up, don't bother asking me again. And don't you ever sit there and let me hear you ***** about your beer belly again. This is your chance, your big opportunity to break out of that rut. If you don't show up, Bob, you've learned a very important lesson about yourself, haven't you? You won't like that lesson.

"You won't like that feeling in the pit of your stomach either or that taste in your mouth. It will taste worse than defeat, Bob. Defeat tastes pretty *******ed nasty, but what you'll be experiencing will be much worse. It will be the knowledge that you're weak, mentally and physically. What's worse is that you'll have accepted that feeling. The feeling will always be with you. In the happiest moments of your life, it'll be there, lying under the surface like a malignant tumor. Ignore it at your own peril, Bob.

"Don't look at me like that either. This just may be the best Christmas present you'll get this year. Next Christmas, Bob, when I see you again, I'm going to be a little bigger, a little stronger, and a little leaner. What will you be? Will you still be making excuses? This is a gift, Bob, from me to you. I'm giving you the chance to look fate in those pretty eyes of hers and say, 'Step off, *****. This is my party and you're not invited.' What do you say, Bob? Monday, Christmas morning, 6am, my house. The ball's in your court."

Okay, so maybe that's not the exact words I used with Bob, but you get the picture. Will Bob show up Monday? I don't know, but I kind of doubt it. In fact, Bob will probably take me off his Christmas card list. He probably thinks I've got "too much Testosterone," like that's a bad thing. I think Bob is just stuck in a rut, and as the saying goes, the only difference between a rut and a grave is depth.

The way out of the rut is to make major changes in your life, most of which won't be too pleasant in the beginning. The opportunity to make those changes seldom comes as bluntly as I put it to Bob. Most of the time, that opportunity knocks very softly. What I did was basically give Bob a verbal slap in the face. You can react two ways to a slap. You can get angry at the person doing the slapping, or you can realize that he was just trying to get you to wake up and focus on what you really want and, more importantly, what it'll take to get it.

If you're a regular T-mag reader, I doubt you need to be called out like Bob. But maybe you've caught yourself slacking a little here lately. Maybe you've missed a few workouts or maybe you started a little too early on the usual holiday feasting, like, say, back in September. Just remember that the time to start working on that summer body is now. The time to get rid of those bad habits that hold you back in the gym is now. You want to look totally different by next Christmas? Start now. This isn't because of the holidays or any corny New Year's resolutions either. The best time is always now.

Christmas day I want you to enjoy being with your family and friends. I want you to open presents, sip a little eggnog and have a good meal. But if your regularily scheduled workout happens to fall on December 25th, what will you be doing at six o'clock that morning?

That's what separates us from guys like Bob

buck440
11-29-2011, 07:10 PM
bob was said 31 times:)

pmg8134
11-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Bob`s a pussie. good for you meat stick!

KingpinsEx
11-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for posting, I feel that was a good read... Made me think of several people I know.

wilkin250r
11-29-2011, 08:36 PM
That would have been MUCH better condensed to about a quarter of the length. Brevity is the soul of wit.

motofreak2772
11-29-2011, 09:36 PM
What if you just like the way you are naturally? If you are active enough, there is no need to actually work out. Unless you want to build muscle.. But as far as health wise, protein shakes and a gym membership isn't necessary.

400grl
11-30-2011, 09:33 AM
You must be young...lol! Young metabolisms are awesome!

Working out, eating right, fueling your body for premium results are part of a lifestyle, not just a diet phase. There are people who get it, and people who don't. As an off-road racer, I feel it's important to work out on a regular basis - keeps the mind clear, keeps the body strong, and you happen to look good, too. It's not overrated......and it's too bad more people don't see a benfit in it.

fastredrider44
11-30-2011, 11:30 AM
The whole crackin nuts with his *** is pretty disturbing. Typical meathead. :rolleyes:

You can look good without hitting the gym 7 days a week for 3 hours...

jake55
11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
wow, i thought for sure he was talking about me untill he mentioned natural light beer! us fat, weak and lazy guys would never settle for a light beer!!!! or unsalted chips!
what time the pizza getting here?!?!?!?

Honda5
11-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Wow I couldn't read all that. Have you ever seen a body builder run a marathon? It's funny to watch them burn out fast. Power and strength are great but if you can't last more then 15 minutes is it worth it? ( ask your girlfriend) one thing they don't have going for them is when they quit working out the look like a half deflated parade float.
It is true more people should work out. The healthcare system is over run with problems because of overweight people and it costs us all.

buck440
11-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by jake55
wow, i thought for sure he was talking about me untill he mentioned natural light beer! us fat, weak and lazy guys would never settle for a light beer!!!! or unsalted chips!

i lost 40lbs in 2 months by not eating ^^^ that lol. about a case of busch a day, bobes pizza every other day and i large bag of grippo's bbq chips for lunch everyday. now nothing but 1 can of tuna a day and 3 2 litres of diet dew till i get to my desired weight then i'll eat enough to maintain.

dieting is freaking tough. you really have to want it to succeed. it's not just something you temporarily do. it's a lifestyle change.

honduh440
11-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Honda5
Wow I couldn't read all that. Have you ever seen a body builder run a marathon? It's funny to watch them burn out fast. Power and strength are great but if you can't last more then 15 minutes is it worth it? ( ask your girlfriend) one thing they don't have going for them is when they quit working out the look like a half deflated parade float.
It is true more people should work out. The healthcare system is over run with problems because of overweight people and it costs us all.

You should have read the entire thing. Like Bob you have an incorrect mental image of a body builder. You assume that massive, fake tan, oiled up guy is a body builder ..... WRONG

I am 6 foot 1 240 pounds .... i am very very close to benching 405 pounds. I squat over 10 plates 10x. I lift at the gym for at least an hour and 15 minutes 6 days a week and usually longer. I run a 4.5 40 yard dash, dunk a 10 foot goal, throw a football 62 yards "thats college quarterback like distance" and i have competed in a marathon without walking once. Oh yeah and i could hop on my 450r and blow your doors off.

Stick to your day job ...... BOB

honduh440
11-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by buck440
i lost 40lbs in 2 months by not eating ^^^ that lol. about a case of busch a day, bobes pizza every other day and i large bag of grippo's bbq chips for lunch everyday. now nothing but 1 can of tuna a day and 3 2 litres of diet dew till i get to my desired weight then i'll eat enough to maintain.

dieting is freaking tough. you really have to want it to succeed. it's not just something you temporarily do. it's a lifestyle change.

Thats great man! you are right about it being tough. I thought i was a bad ***** for hitting the gym hard for so long, but when it comes to dieting the correct way and losing weight like that people dont understand its 10 times harder than lifting weight. Hell i cant even diet at all i eat tons of lean meats and just run my *** off.

fastredrider44
11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
Oh yeah and i could hop on my 450r and blow your doors off.

Stick to your day job ...... BOB

Spoken like a meathead.

Honda5
11-30-2011, 05:47 PM
What was your best 26.6 mile time? And don't even think you will out ride me without getting the facts first.
Bob

honduh440
11-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Honda5
What was your best 26.6 mile time? And don't even think you will out ride me without getting the facts first.
Bob

i dont even remember the time. I am not a competitive runner, i ran the marathon because my best friend was training for nationals and i was a helping partner. Your assumptive and false opinion of a meathead is what im clearing up.

Dont think i will outrun you???? I am not a 18 year old kid on this forum. I see in your profile you are not either with your date of birth. I will assume like you have done in each of your post and go out on a limb with this one but you should have a career and a healthy bank account like i do. I have two weeks of vacation to burn before the end of the year and dieing to get out of town for a while. Where are you from? well it doesnt matter there is tracks all over the states. How about you put your money where your mouth is ..... BOB

honduh440
11-30-2011, 05:58 PM
by the way what body builders do you know? You are to lazy to even read an article that is on one single web page and you are bashing a motivational post that is professionaly written by a magazine company

what is your last name Bob?

mirror_racing
11-30-2011, 06:02 PM
HAHAHA this is entertaining. You sir, are a beast but that doesnt make you fast or make you last.

I am a personal trainer and i love the gym. I started after I joined the military but have been guilty of taking breaks since. Went from a beer belly 140lb 6' to being 6' 200lbs toned... not quite putting up the weight like you hoss but I do OK.

One thing i have learned is that straight bulking is the number one way to loose your stamina. So with knowing this i try to keep it as even as i can alternating a short build cycle with a cutting cycle. Congrats for you being able to do what you do man. That is very impressive. I wish I had your motivation but pumping Iron will never take over my life. Quads on the other hand..... Now thats an addiction

Honda5
11-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Budds Creek is nice this time of year. Or I could make a trip south after the first of the year.

honduh440
11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
im leaving my office now and heading to the gym .... not going to sit on the computer all night like you bob.

Bob im not joking ........ last time i ran a national at budds creek was a while back but it was nice being that it was the 2nd time i had raced it. ill pm you my contact information when i get back in here tomorrow.

honduh440
11-30-2011, 06:21 PM
something to think about for anyone who thinks bodybuilders are steroided beast ....

We all know who terrell owens is .... the ex nfl player. The dude is ripped and know for being in better shape than almost everyone during his prime .... well he is 225 pounds on average and only 6'3. Think he cant run a marathon? think he will fatigue after 15 minutes? ..... what about bench press? im sure he can do 300+ ...... stick to the vet 40 class bob ... pro am is too much for you

motofreak2772
11-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't see the point in taking a work out so seriously.. Yeah if you are doing it for a living or it is a large part of your job(nfl) then it is okay. But when you are trying to pop off on the internet about how bad *** you are for working out all the time, it is just ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with having a hobby and if working out is what you consider fun then go for it. Trying to make everyone else seem pathetic for not joining you is just dumb though.
And I will agree that working out to a point is healthy, but after that it is just excessive. I don't think benching 300lbs will make you live any longer than someone benching 130.. Actually you will probably die earlier since you people seem to live such a stressful and up tight lifestyle haha.
My idea of a body builder is someone who takes working out seriously and professionally. I respect that. The problem is the cocky douche bag meat heads with spiky hair that walk around like they are better than everyone. I'm sure true body builders find these people annoying.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
I couldn't read it all. Wwaaayyyyy to long. I'll stick to my 150lb 6'3" self and continue to be happy. :-)

Edit- Just read this entire topic. LMAO. Honduh fails.

woodsman250r
12-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey Honduh, you are a complete fail at life. You work out, you think you are a stud, and you have to run everyone else into the ground to try to make you feel better about what you do? Who gives a crap what you bench, run, or how many boyfriends you have at the gym. It's obvious that you are not happy in life, or you wouldn't be trying to bash others that don't fall into your lifestyle. Get over yourself, leave others alone that don't fit into your "perfect" category and move on in life. If you want to bash someone, bash on me. Then again I'm 5'6" 170, bench 315, run a 4.3 40, a 10.7 100m, a 21.8 200, run at the collegiate level, and will blow by you on a dirt bike. SO...that makes me stronger than you based on body weight, faster than you in running and I can fly by you on a bike, then hop on a quad and do the same. So I guess I'll talk to ya later...BOB.

fastredrider44
12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
I read the article, I just think it's a bit over the top is all. Putting someone else down to feel better about yourself shows that there is a problem. My dad told me growing up that there is always someone bigger, faster and stronger than you. So before you go bashing everyone that doesn't agree with the article, realize that there are others who may think the same about you. But come on man, challenging others to a race isn't going to prove your point. Relax.

honduh440
12-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
Hey Honduh, you are a complete fail at life. You work out, you think you are a stud, and you have to run everyone else into the ground to try to make you feel better about what you do? Who gives a crap what you bench, run, or how many boyfriends you have at the gym. It's obvious that you are not happy in life, or you wouldn't be trying to bash others that don't fall into your lifestyle. Get over yourself, leave others alone that don't fit into your "perfect" category and move on in life. If you want to bash someone, bash on me. Then again I'm 5'6" 170, bench 315, run a 4.3 40, a 10.7 100m, a 21.8 200, run at the collegiate level, and will blow by you on a dirt bike. SO...that makes me stronger than you based on body weight, faster than you in running and I can fly by you on a bike, then hop on a quad and do the same. So I guess I'll talk to ya later...BOB.

How am I bashing people? One imature adult decided to post sarcastic comments about my post so i had a couple come backs for him. This post is to motivate those that are over weight and procrastinating about getting in the gym ..... you and i both know there is tons of people out in this category.

I posted this on my facebook and 3 people responded with saying "hey thanks this gives me a reality check".

i am a failure at life? really? I am a manager for the company i work for and hired 5 people this year between the age of 18 and 21 that have never made more than 8 dollars an hour or even had a job that meant anything. I developed them all into quality reps for my company now making 18 dollars an hour on a bad check and able to move forward in there lives as adults. I attend a charity event every month and have donated over 2500 bucks all together this year.... i could keep going but im sure this is all gone over your head. Wanna tell everyone reading this post the things you have done this year to help others without getting something back? i mean im a failure at life and you are not so im sure this is a fraction of what you have done in 2011.

ben300
12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
again I'm 5'6" 170, bench 315, run a 4.3 40, a 10.7 100m, a 21.8 200, run at the collegiate level,

no you dont

12-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I actually read the entire thing and kept waiting for the average joe guy to have some witty comment at the end. But it just turned out to be gay haha. I enjoy going to the gym but yea some people take it too far. But then again, im like 6 ft 7, 300 lbs of muscle that can bench press 750, run a 4.0 40, a 10.2 100m, and just beat doug gust on my kymco 80 last weekend. :cool:

honduh440
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by ben300
no you dont

i agree but didnt want to argue .... Chris johnson the fastest guy in the NFL from the titans ran a 4.2 40 in the combine

jake55
12-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by jake55

im still waiting on the pizza!!! dang delivery guy is slow, but i sure aint gonna get off the couch to go get it myself, wait a second, i think i will get off the couch and crawl outside for a smoke!!

ben300
12-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
How am I bashing people? One imature adult decided to post sarcastic comments about my post so i had a couple come backs for him. This post is to motivate those that are over weight and procrastinating about getting in the gym ..... you and i both know there is tons of people out in this category.

I posted this on my facebook and 3 people responded with saying "hey thanks this gives me a reality check".

i am a failure at life? really? I am a manager for the company i work for and hired 5 people this year between the age of 18 and 21 that have never made more than 8 dollars an hour or even had a job that meant anything. I developed them all into quality reps for my company now making 18 dollars an hour on a bad check and able to move forward in there lives as adults. I attend a charity event every month and have donated over 2500 bucks all together this year.... i could keep going but im sure this is all gone over your head. Wanna tell everyone reading this post the things you have done this year to help others without getting something back? i mean im a failure at life and you are not so im sure this is a fraction of what you have done in 2011.

just to let you know, im 5'9", 178# roughly, 9-12% bf, and i work out 5-6 days a week....i believe the last time i benched, my max was 225#, and i can run a 19:00 flat 5k......none of these stats are truly super impressive, but their better than average...

i can also pull cork 3's and ski 2000's vertical feet, 65-80 degree slopes like it my day job....you dont see me braging....

oh, i forgot to mention taht i can save princesses from tall, dragon guarded towers, caught the second shooter on the grassy knoll, went to the moon, found the cure for aids, and can make myself levitate...haha...

what im trying to get at is that when i first read the article, in enjoyed it. i feel liek the guy in the story does sometimes when i see fat lazy slobs around me...however, when it comes down to it, i dont let those people get to me, adn i sometimes feel bad for them. i love to work out, and have made being extremely healthy and fit an important part of my life....however, i dont criticize teh way other people live, unless they truly ask for it...

when someone made a smart remark, you should have jsut shrugged it off, and let it go. instead, you cam across as kinda douchey and kinda C#nty....hence, your buying into the sterotype of what peole think boddy builders are..

KingpinsEx
12-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I think this thread got way off topic somehow. I am not considered a body builder by any sense, I race ATVs. However, with that being said I got alot out of that post. It seems like everyone is looking at the specific comments and not the general theme. I think most any serious athlete could relate, be it a marathoner, body builder, atv racer. Anyone who does these things (or others) knows the hard work and dedication it takes to do good at them. And I think the author proved his point how everyone labels that type of lifestyle. As was proved in this forum.

madskrillz2
12-01-2011, 08:44 PM
just to let you know, im 5'9", 178# roughly, 9-12% bf, and i work out 5-6 days a week....i believe the last time i benched, my max was 225#, and i can run a 19:00 flat 5k......none of these stats are truly super impressive, but their better than average...

i can also pull cork 3's and ski 2000's vertical feet, 65-80 degree slopes like it my day job....you dont see me braging....

oh, i forgot to mention taht i can save princesses from tall, dragon guarded towers, caught the second shooter on the grassy knoll, went to the moon, found the cure for aids, and can make myself levitate...haha...

what im trying to get at is that when i first read the article, in enjoyed it. i feel liek the guy in the story does sometimes when i see fat lazy slobs around me...however, when it comes down to it, i dont let those people get to me, adn i sometimes feel bad for them. i love to work out, and have made being extremely healthy and fit an important part of my life....however, i dont criticize teh way other people live, unless they truly ask for it...

when someone made a smart remark, you should have jsut shrugged it off, and let it go. instead, you cam across as kinda douchey and kinda C#nty....hence, your buying into the sterotype of what peole think boddy builders are..

Exactly. While those "fat, out of shape, slobs" motivate me, I don't go out of my way to tell them that. I definitely don't go around bragging about my gym stats or anything like that either. That's just a condescending attitude and it makes you look worse than someone that's out of shape. It's almost like being a fast rider and talking down to someone who doesn't ride.

Pipeless416
12-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I think this thread got way off topic somehow. I am not considered a body builder by any sense, I race ATVs. However, with that being said I got alot out of that post. It seems like everyone is looking at the specific comments and not the general theme. I think most any serious athlete could relate, be it a marathoner, body builder, atv racer. Anyone who does these things (or others) knows the hard work and dedication it takes to do good at them. And I think the author proved his point how everyone labels that type of lifestyle. As was proved in this forum.

i also think the OP did a great job of supporting the stereotype. having a sense of humbleness never killed anybody.

BlasterEaten250
12-01-2011, 10:16 PM
I think he deserves a cookie :D

ben300
12-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
I think he deserves a cookie :D

haha to many calories for him man...it may make his ***** jiggle a little and he wont be able to go past 90ยบ when squating...haha

TheLane
12-02-2011, 11:47 AM

oh, i forgot to mention taht i can save princesses from tall, dragon guarded towers, caught the second shooter on the grassy knoll, went to the moon, found the cure for aids, and can make myself levitate

Holy ****.....thats impressive.

...I really want a pet dragon.

ben300
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Holy ****.....thats impressive.

...I really want a pet dragon.

dont worry, im gonna start catching them and selling them on the animal black market....ill hook you up

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
12-02-2011, 01:02 PM
dont worry, im gonna start catching them and selling them on the animal black market....ill hook you up

That's really you in your avatar!?! I KNEW IT!

ben300
12-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
That's really you in your avatar!?! I KNEW IT!

ya...man unfortunately it is....i get to drinking tht natty ice, and the next thing i know, i always wake up in some random persons front yard, naked, lying in a pull of blood and vomit....stolen cop car crashed into the fire hydrant out front.....

..its a terrible way to live...i wouldnt recomend it:D

madskrillz2
12-03-2011, 01:39 AM
ya...man unfortunately it is....i get to drinking tht natty ice, and the next thing i know, i always wake up in some random persons front yard, naked, lying in a pull of blood and vomit....stolen cop car crashed into the fire hydrant out front.....

..its a terrible way to live...i wouldnt recomend it:D

Hey........ Don't hate on Natty. Natty Light anyway. Natty Ice can rot in hell.

ben300
12-03-2011, 03:58 AM

fastredrider44
12-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Hey........ Don't hate on Natty. Natty Light anyway.
True that:o

madsmokey12
12-05-2011, 11:47 PM
I hate to say it but body building is not the way to go.. You might think it's healthy but it really is not.. These Body Builders Take all These Unhealthy Supplements to Get Bigger and Stronger and they are really just killing their bodys..

So you can bench 450 so what.. you know what that will do to your back in a few years and once your back goes out you won't be able to work out and you will have all this extra weight on your body from these Supplements that you will end up being a Fat Lazy POS..

I see it all the time People Think they are Big and Bad pushing their bodies to Lift Crazy Amount of Weight to be a show off..And you know what happens one day you push your body to far and you end up getting hurt..

The True way of Being Healthy is to Eat Right not the crap that saids diet it's actually even worse for your body .. Go to the Gym and Don't Push your self to over Lift.. thats the true way of being healthy

madskrillz2
12-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by madsmokey12
I hate to say it but body building is not the way to go.. You might think it's healthy but it really is not.. These Body Builders Take all These Unhealthy Supplements to Get Bigger and Stronger and they are really just killing their bodys..

So you can bench 450 so what.. you know what that will do to your back in a few years and once your back goes out you won't be able to work out and you will have all this extra weight on your body from these Supplements that you will end up being a Fat Lazy POS..

I see it all the time People Think they are Big and Bad pushing their bodies to Lift Crazy Amount of Weight to be a show off..And you know what happens one day you push your body to far and you end up getting hurt..

The True way of Being Healthy is to Eat Right not the crap that saids diet it's actually even worse for your body .. Go to the Gym and Don't Push your self to over Lift.. thats the true way of being healthy

Unhealthy supplements? Wanna go ahead and elaborate what exactly is "unhealthy"? I'm pretty sure my fish oil, multivitamin, protein shakes, etc. aren't giving me cancer.

madsmokey12
12-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Unhealthy supplements? Wanna go ahead and elaborate what exactly is "unhealthy"? I'm pretty sure my fish oil, multivitamin, protein shakes, etc. aren't giving me cancer.

Did i say all Supplements?? Umm No.. But Most of these Body Builders Take "Some" Supplements That are very unhealthy that Cause Prostate Cancer ,liver and Heart Failure ,hormonal changes or Death .. Heres some links for ya ;)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/132897-what-are-side-effects-bodybuilding-supplements/
http://www.naturalnews.com/001522.html
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132493453&page=1

400grl
12-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I think you need to be careful of lumping ALL bodybuilders into the same group - as well as what exactly a "bodybuilder" is.

My trainer is a bodybuilder.....I train with weights mostly, combined with cardio. My "bodybuilder" trainer promotes clean eating and fewer supps, so you can't make a blanket statement that bodybuilding is bad for you health, etc. That is just your opinion.....

There are plenty of bodybuilders who train naturally and who compete, who aren't juicing or lifting huge to show off at the gym. They are dedicated athletes with certain fitness goals in mind who are very in tune with what they are doing to their bodies, and if it's healthy or not.

Just sayin.....
:)

ben300
12-06-2011, 09:53 AM

thats cause he really doesnt have the slightest idea of what he's talking about. He does a quick google search adn finds some seriously un reliable resources...heck, one of them was two idiots talking on a forumn...one did was givng some serious misinformation...

Did i say all Supplements?? Umm No.. But Most of these Body Builders Take "Some" Supplements That are very unhealthy that Cause Prostate Cancer ,liver and Heart Failure ,hormonal changes or Death .. Heres some links for ya ;)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/132897-what-are-side-effects-bodybuilding-supplements/

most of the "problems" or side effects that you listed are related to habitual steroid use...not from taking whey protein, or creatine, or a pre-workout suppliment....

the bodybuilding.com fourm thread that you posted is totally bogus...its two very misinformed people missinforming other people.....whey protein is a by product of milk, casein protein is a byproduct of animal protein......whey dissovles quicker, while casein is slow release...in no way shape or form will mixing the to cause your testicles to shrink...thats bogus......soy protein will because soy has been proven in males to increase estrogen levels....but even thats probalby not enough of an increase to shrink your testicles.

the other source, from live strong, does cover steroids but it also acts as if creatine is a harmful substance to take, which is false...creatine is a naturally occuring chemical that can be found in most meat products we eat, especially red meats...its also made in the human body...however, the human body doesnt produce as much creatine as i could actually gainfuly use, so therefore, body builders suppliment....

..the article states that you gain weight from taking creatine, which is stupid statement, because creatine puts water into your muscular cells....this is how creatine helps you gain size and increases your recovery....

i myself, along with many others, use creatine with great results and no ill side effects. infact, im going next monday, start on a another month long cycle of using creatine monohydrate....the only side effects ive ever had were maybe feeling a little bloated. so i switched brands, and had not problems from there on out.

finally the natural news article is a good article, but its basically a hippies attack on big time whey protein and aspartame...ya its true that formaldehyde is a by product of aspartame, but what the offer forgets to mention is that it can only become formaldehyde at elevated termperatures....temps higher than average 98 degrees that the human body sees...

while i do agree with natural eating, but these people on natural news are hipster tree hugger ****s...

madsmokey12
12-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
I think you need to be careful of lumping ALL bodybuilders into the same group - as well as what exactly a "bodybuilder" is.

My trainer is a bodybuilder.....I train with weights mostly, combined with cardio. My "bodybuilder" trainer promotes clean eating and fewer supps, so you can't make a blanket statement that bodybuilding is bad for you health, etc. That is just your opinion.....

There are plenty of bodybuilders who train naturally and who compete, who aren't juicing or lifting huge to show off at the gym. They are dedicated athletes with certain fitness goals in mind who are very in tune with what they are doing to their bodies, and if it's healthy or not.

Just sayin.....
:)

i agree with you but most body builders don't train naturally. there is alot of meat heads out there that try to lift heavy and take roids to get bigger. and they end up getting hurt doing something stupid and can't work out and all that extra weight turns into fat..

I Personally Rather be my Natural weight and be toned and eat healthy so i don't have any problems with my body in the future

ben300
12-06-2011, 11:48 AM
i agree with you but most body builders don't train naturally. there is alot of meat heads out there that try to lift heavy and take roids to get bigger. and they end up getting hurt doing something stupid and can't work out and all that extra weight turns into fat..

I Personally Rather be my Natural weight and be toned and eat healthy so i don't have any problems with my body in the future

i honestly would have to say that i agree that most if not the vast majority of not only body builders, but athelestes period are natural (with the exception of pro builders, cyclists, and some other sports).....

...with that said...it maybe common at bigger gyms, in large cities or densely populated areas, or in some hard core gyms to "juice" up...but in the 5 smaller gyms that i have have worked out at in teh past 7 years....i have maybe only seen 6 different poeple that i could honest say used or were using at the time....i jsut dotn think its as common as people think...but because of attitudes liek that of the author, and because of hollywood and the media, we all have this image ingrained in our brains of massive giant arnold flexing on stage.....most people dont even know that there are ohter classes and levels of competitive body building besides the pro's...

also.....just because a dude can throw up huge weight, doesnt automatically mean tht he's going to be a cripple later in life....if you lift, adn progress the right way over time...lifting heavier will not harm your body (up untill a point)...your musculoskeltal system will get stronger over time with proper training, rest, and nutrition.....however, ever human is limited by their genetics and will eventually reach a limit point....back when i used to competitive ski race...i did alot of leg work outs..at one point in time, i used to do multiple sets with 6-8 reps of 650-700# in the leg press machine....i worked up to it over time though, and have no problems from it at all today (most of my knee or leg problems ive had come from crashing)

madskrillz2
12-06-2011, 05:24 PM

Well you need to learn how to specify before you make bold statements like that. Especially when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. As for everything else, ben300 has said covered it all.

ben300
12-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Well you need to learn how to specify before you make bold statements like that. Especially when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. As for everything else, ben300 has said covered it all.

thanks skrillz (ps i cant now see your screen name without thinking of skrillex, haah)...

i just want to add to my comments about the natural news article about stevia..

has anyone on here ever tried stevia? that **** is terrible. i think it leaves a terribly sweat, metallic taste in your mouth afterwards.

it blows my mind...nah, no it doesnt i guess, that the author didnt mention sucralose. sucralose is a sweatner that is derived from sugar and sucrose....its completely safe to humans and has been shown to have no side effects and is environmentally friendly.....its one of only two artificial sweatners that is considered "safe" by numerous health organizations including the FDA and WHO. the other is netoame. neotame is similar to aspartame, but is i guess safer?

i just think stevia sucks a big donkey cock.....and the author didnt write about these cause they are "artificially made"....:rolleyes:

Ruby Soho
12-06-2011, 07:16 PM
body building is overrated. a hard days work keeps me in shape. argue that.

ben300
12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
body building is overrated. a hard days work keeps me in shape. argue that.

i can honestly say that i am in probalby the best shape of my life (overall fitness), but ive been hitting the gym harder now than i ever have...

on that note...ive worked in a steel mill, tube mill, built swimming pools, shoveled cow ****, and cut trees for jobs before i got my engineering degree, and i was in shape and muscular then, but im way stronger, leaner, thicker, and have better cardio than i ever did working

working jobs liek that is hard on your body, and is not good for you in the long run

madskrillz2
12-06-2011, 09:39 PM
thanks skrillz (ps i cant now see your screen name without thinking of skrillex, haah)...

i just want to add to my comments about the natural news article about stevia..

has anyone on here ever tried stevia? that **** is terrible. i think it leaves a terribly sweat, metallic taste in your mouth afterwards.

it blows my mind...nah, no it doesnt i guess, that the author didnt mention sucralose. sucralose is a sweatner that is derived from sugar and sucrose....its completely safe to humans and has been shown to have no side effects and is environmentally friendly.....its one of only two artificial sweatners that is considered "safe" by numerous health organizations including the FDA and WHO. the other is netoame. neotame is similar to aspartame, but is i guess safer?

i just think stevia sucks a big donkey cock.....and the author didnt write about these cause they are "artificially made"....:rolleyes:

Haha yeah I made this name after I heard this prank call that is the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life. Stevia? Oh God don't get me started! that **** made me feel like death for a day. It tastes terrible and it made me bloat like a blow fish. I was miserable from 8am till the next morning. It was the truvia brand which I heard is not a true Stevia. It was still enough for me to not wanna risk it again.

ATVMX33
12-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Haha yeah I made this name after I heard this prank call that is the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life. Stevia? Oh God don't get me started! that **** made me feel like death for a day. It tastes terrible and it made me bloat like a blow fish. I was miserable from 8am till the next morning. It was the truvia brand which I heard is not a true Stevia. It was still enough for me to not wanna risk it again.

the first time i tried stevia i opened it up and it smelled like a dead fish... It will now forever be known as steve the dead fish to my family hahah