PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

slightlybent47
11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Here we go again with more accusations of a sex scandal.
We have 2 basketball coaches, a singer and a politician accused of sexual misconduct.
I seems odd to me that someone can go 8-10-15 years without reporting an incident and all of the sudden when the accused gets famous they come out of the wood work and claim something happened all those years ago.
Is there no punishment for the accuser? I seems anyone can make that statement and even if false they walk away free and the accused loses there career.
I know these people are just after money and fame and it doesn’t mater who they destroy to get it. I have never seen anyone get punished for making such false statements.
Who is guilty and who is not? What do you think?

XCRacer236
11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
It's all BS in my opinion. I actually posted something on my FB about this last night. Penn State may have been legit, but I don't believe the rest.

it's the same as when a girl is sexually assaulted. YES, it is a a SERIOUS ordeal when it does happen. Unfortunately I know quite a few girls that it's happened to. BUT, I do not believe EVERY guy in every situation is guilty.

BuB400
11-29-2011, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slightlybent47
[B]
I know these people are just after money and fame and it doesn’t mater who they destroy to get it. I have never seen anyone get punished for making such false statements.

Ever heard of slander?

slightlybent47
11-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by BuB400
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slightlybent47
[B]

Ever heard of slander?

Sure I have, but you never hear of anyone getting convicted of it.

BuB400
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm not a lawyer but I don't think you get convicted of slander, someone can sue you for slander.

slightlybent47
11-29-2011, 05:29 PM
It seems the accused usually gets fired or is asked to resin before any proof is ever presented.
The accuser gets paid to go away and the accused gets nothing. Have you ever heard of someone getting convicted (sued) for faults allegations and the accused getting there career back and there reputation reinstated? What ever happened to, presumed innocent until proven guilty?

ben300
11-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
It seems the accused usually gets fired or is asked to resin before any proof is ever presented.
The accuser gets paid to go away and the accused gets nothing. Have you ever heard of someone getting convicted (sued) for faults allegations and the accused getting there career back and there reputation reinstated? What ever happened to, presumed innocent until proven guilty?

mannnnnnn, this is america, this is 2011 dont you know that that doesnt hold up anymore in the court of public opinion?

250x_kyle
11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ben300
mannnnnnn, this is america, this is 2011 dont you know that that doesnt hold up anymore in the court of public opinion?

amen guilty until proven innocent. its probably going to only get worse with each generation lacking common sense and morals a little more.

HondaPohl
11-29-2011, 11:10 PM
If they file a false police report, that is a crime.