PDA

View Full Version : HELP, dillemma

hartwill
11-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Ok guys, as I'm sure some of you remember I have stumbled upon a set of roll design +4 a-arms(not for a lobo). Upon further research I spoke with Doug Roll and Wes Stone, while speaking with Mr. Roll, he told me that the only +4s he made that would fit a 250r frame were 3 or 4 sets that he made specifically for the Laeger narrow chassis for a select few pro riders and were never available to the public. He said he still knows where two of those Quads sit right now. I also spoke with Wes Stone and asked him what he thought about them, his reply was that I should put them on eBay for $1500 and accept offers for them but I would be a fool to take less than $1250 this is after he tried buying them, lol. Now I know I had quite a few people wanting to buy them and actually had a deal lined up within the first hour which eventually fell through. What I'm asking here is what you guys think is the right thing to do, I would hate to lose out $600 but at the same time I don't feel right relisting them here for 2x my original asking price. Wes and Doug both insist that since they are in like new condition, maybe even superior to the pro-trax, and you Will always be able to get parts for them, and you cannot buy them that they should be worth at least what a new set cost. I don't think I have a pot of gold here so I don't want you guys to tell me I should take them and shove em, I just want honest thoughts here please.
Thanks, Will

250Renvy
11-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Since you have this information, I would try to post on ebay. I try not to support them as much as possible because of their policies, but the fact is that you can appeal to someone that has a need or want for something like this and command a higher price if there is a bidding war.

Some people are all about making a profit and maximizing sale value. If that isn't you, and you are completely comfortable just selling them for what you paid for them, then do that.They might go faster.

If you are willing to wait a year or more to get $1500 it might happen, but you'll also get a lot of lowball offers - maybe in your price range?

leager-n-ky
11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Since you have this information, I would try to post on ebay. I try not to support them as much as possible because of their policies, but the fact is that you can appeal to someone that has a need or want for something like this and command a higher price if there is a bidding war.

Some people are all about making a profit and maximizing sale value. If that isn't you, and you are completely comfortable just selling them for what you paid for them, then do that.They might go faster.

If you are willing to wait a year or more to get $1500 it might happen, but you'll also get a lot of lowball offers - maybe in your price range?

Yep, What he said...

danhung11
11-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm looking for a set of plus 4's, have a set of plus 3's off my Lobo. :D

hartwill
11-29-2011, 09:57 AM
I agree and by no means do I expect to get $1500 out of them I think he said that number anticipating lowballers. I know that everyone here is always more than helpful and I had alot of interest between here and the other site so I would like to offer them for sale here first. So I guess that's what I Will do I just didn't feel right asking so much more even though that's presumably what they are worth.

hartwill
11-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
I'm looking for a set of plus 4's, have a set of plus 3's off my Lobo. :D
From what I understand these Will not work on a lobo.. maybe I'm wrong?

mx91a
11-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
From what I understand these Will not work on a lobo.. maybe I'm wrong?

The upper arms are likely too long for the Lobo frame. A quick way to find out is measure your upper arms and compare the measurement to Dan's +3 upper arms and see if they are one inch longer.

norcalduner
11-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Here is my thought. I would keep these and find myself a Roll gullwing swinger to match which is also rare in its own right and mate it to a LRD Attitude to make for another unique R. Just sayin':D

hartwill
11-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Norcal, if I had the funds to do a build like that I would for sure. However my current financial situation puts a severe damper on what I can invest into my R. I am probably going to have dreams about building a quad like that now, lol.

Dan, if you would like I can get you some measurements as mx91a suggested. If I remember correctly though arms from a roll lobo will not even mount up to a standard frame.

wes350x
11-29-2011, 02:52 PM
IMO....

You know what they are worth already, so ask around that price. Who is to say that the next person wont just buy them to re-sell them at a great price and make a profit that you could have made.

That is like saying I bought a brick of gold for XX and its worth XXXX...but then selling it for XX again. Sell it and make money for your personal build. Maybe try eBay to make a higher profit due to the amount of viewing it will have to the world...But remeber eBay had outrageous fees for selling on there.

You sound like a honest person and dont want to screw anyone on here and thats great! But ask something reasonable on here and list them higher on eBay... Whoever gets them if on here Im sure it would be for a great price..

2-330s
11-29-2011, 09:08 PM
hartwill
things are only worth what someone wants to pay. i decided to try a set of +3+1 a arms on my tt set up. the cost of the arms,heim joints,tie rods and to have them chromed was $1188. i mounted them set them up and messed with the ride height. i raced one nite with them and didn't like the feel,i went back to my +2+1s i ended up selling them for $450 after listing them for about eight months. so see what you can get out of them NOBODY will offer you more than you are asking LOL!!:huh

D Bergstrom
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
I knew I should have bought these the first time you posted them, the first day you posted them I wanted to get them, just didn't act on it! Its funny, I was just thinking about those arms last night and was wondering if you still had them, was still thinking about buying them. I am guessing I couldn't afford them now!

I agree with everyone else though, ask a price and see where it goes. If they don't sell here after a couple of weeks, put them up on ebay and see what happens. Good luck with the sale.

Doug

EDIT: Yep, just saw the new for sale thread, for sure can't afford them now! I bet you will get close to what you are asking as rare as these are.

hartwill
11-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Yea, you guys are right I listed them with enough room for negotiation on the price and especially here where there are no eBay fees and paypal can be sent as a gift if the buyer chooses to do so. Honestly I would love it if someone from here or the .net site bought them so their whereabouts can be known and not lost out in ebayland, you know incase one day I hit it big and decide to do that lrd attitude/ roll design/ puma build that sounds so tempting, lol. I know one day ill pick up a narrow chassis of some sort and kick myself for selling them, but as for now its just money sitting that could be used for other things.

*you guys can allways try and finagle your wives into buying them for you as a Christmas present, lol. I don't know how many times I've tried that aproach in February, didn't work so good then but I told her that if it wasn't for her I could most likely afford it myself.**