PDA

View Full Version : Bent Propeg from landing

12-07-2001, 07:24 AM
The camera I was using was a POS....but here's the pic,,the left nerf is the one bent down,,,but I guess you can tell. If I stand on the right nerf it is sturdy and won't budge,,,standing on the left nerf it will drop down about 2 more inches and if ya grab the end of it,,,it will move up and down about 6 inches total,,way too much play in it.. I also put a couple more pics from in my new fancy garage on my photopage,,,link below..

P.S. Check out the new fancy rear shock,,,Marcums special.:D

Tommy 17
12-07-2001, 08:18 AM
that sucks rico... are u just goin to buy new pro pegs or u gonna buy sumtin else... nice garage too i like the big 400ex posters... i like the black shock to really nice....

12-07-2001, 08:33 AM
I don't know what I'm gonna do yet,,,once I take it off and see it a little better I'll decide.

knighttime
12-07-2001, 08:37 AM
They dont look all that bad. I bet you will be able to fix 'em.

12-07-2001, 09:00 AM
I think the right one will be ok,,but that left one is loose on the acutall peg,,,It moves all around and crap,,,I'll just have to take it off and see what's goin on inside. If ya look at the left one real close you can actually see the top of the peg were your feet go,,,and I was laying down lower than the top of the peg,you should see the back or even the bottom of the peg if anything not the top. When I first mounted the nerfs,,they were both even and staight across,,not anymore. Heck I don't know I'll see if I can rig it up someway.. It's ridable but I dont' think I'll be doing any major jumping with them screwed up. Like I said for those of you that have propegs,,,see if you can grab the end of the nerf and move it up and down about 6 inches...mine feels like it's gonna break off..

Tommy 17
12-07-2001, 09:07 AM
if u have to call ac and mayb they can just send u the left one... u won't need any nets or anything so it should only be like 60 if they will do it.

crday98
12-07-2001, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 400ex21
if u have to call ac and mayb they can just send u the left one... u won't need any nets or anything so it should only be like 60 if they will do it.
i would tell them to send me a new set for free and you will send the bent ones back and if they don't,you will let everyone at the track and this website know that they do not stand behind their products:D a letter to dirtwheels wouldn't hurt either:D

Tommy 17
12-07-2001, 09:36 AM
thats a idea too...

12-07-2001, 10:53 AM
Once I take them off and look it over and them put it back on and make sure everything is tightened down and lined up,,if it's still all jacked up I will most definitly email,,,,but probably will call them instead. I could understand them maybe bending from the bike rolling down a hill,,or slamming it into a tree,,but just coming down from a jump,,,,NO. I guess I'll see,,,I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome too.

12-07-2001, 03:31 PM
by the way, ur 400 is really clean looking!
:o

400exRacerX
12-07-2001, 03:44 PM
Is that a stock swingarm? It looks polished or something,,,,the stock one has that rough silver vein paint on it.

Giz400ex
12-07-2001, 04:35 PM
What the hell do you do when you clean it?????? Take it all apart or what?????

trx400ex
12-07-2001, 04:58 PM
yea looks nice, the tires look like there gettin low in the tread dept.,,,,when my nerf bar broke (snaped )they wouldnt give me a new one, they said i could send it to them and they would weld it and i would have to pay for the shipping...i said screw that..good luck though...

and racerx, the stock swingarm isnt anywhere near silvervien,,maibe gray

shiny pipe rico:cool:

SGA
12-07-2001, 07:44 PM
when i bolted mine on i didn't like the looseness where they slide over the foot peg. took a piece of pvc 3/4 thin wall, 3 inches long. sliced it in half long ways. put each piece on top of steel peg & then slid pro pegs on. a good tight fit. then drilled two holes down through the top of the foot pegs & the top of the steel peg. put in a couple of large sheet metal screws. very strong. also used 3 inch long piece 3/4 thin wall, split one side. slid it on the smaller pipe where they slide together in the front. Hope this helps

400exBro
12-07-2001, 07:59 PM
Hey rico
To bad that you bent the pegs, kind of makes me wonder if i should by a pair or not....

Any way where did you get that 400ex poster thats on your garge wall, i want one of those......

generalg
12-07-2001, 08:56 PM
Having heard of the ProPegs bending like this makes me wonder to if I should purchase them or go with the standard nerfs from AC.......

max400EX
12-08-2001, 10:47 PM
Show AC the pic, tell them the story, get sponsered, get free ish, then give some to me for telling you to do this :)

Taco
12-09-2001, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by generalg
Having heard of the ProPegs bending like this makes me wonder to if I should purchase them or go with the standard nerfs from AC.......

I would trust the mounts on my propegs before i would the standard ACs. My propegs are the strongest bar i have came across.

Dave400ex
12-09-2001, 12:43 PM
I don`t think you have to worry about bending them. Most people don`t try 75 foot triples. You will like the Pro-pegs much better.

Evan
12-09-2001, 06:53 PM
Rico how much do u weigh? hahahah Just kidding. What kind of suspension mods do you have? I weigh 150 and am 6 foot 4 and my propegs feel solid as steel. I think you got a deffect. Send it back.(the broken part) I am sure they would replace it at no cost. Just my opinion.

knighttime
12-09-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
I don`t think you have to worry about bending them. Most people don`t try 75 foot triples. You will like the Pro-pegs much better.

Most people ain't Rico.:D

generalg
12-09-2001, 09:35 PM
Ya I'm not no Rico, but I'm a big guy. 6'6" @ 215.

Sounds like everyone is really impressed with the ProPegs. Just another thought, what about the durability of the pegs themself? Alluminum is much softer than steal, it would only make sense that the progegs would probably wear down unlike the stock pegs? For instance those who ride with some type of a mx boot (most of us) would have problems wearing the pegs down......

Chef
12-09-2001, 09:38 PM
the pegs are pretty gnarly, one time before i got my boots, i wasnt wearing any and my foot came off the peg backwards in the sand while climbing a razr back, and my foot got sucked backward into the paddle tire at about 7500 rpm, and the peg went through my riding pants and put 3 inch long gashes in my leg

12-10-2001, 07:06 AM
Well first I don't take the bike apart when cleaning it,,,that's what liquid wisk and water will do,,no scrubbing,,so all you that don't use the wisk and water cleaning idea,,,you now see the end result,,the swingarm is still stock,,done nothing with it,,and also I don't trail ride to much,,and I normally wont' ride a muddy MX track. 400exbro the poster came from a honda dealer,,it was on the wall And I told them I wanted it,,so they give it to me.

Now the propegs are good nerfs,,I think I just pushed them to there breaking/bending point,,,don't think that they won't work for any of you,,they will. I just hit to big of a jump,,didn't land it right,,my rear shock was shot already,, and timed it just right to make the dang thing bend. I recommend them to anyone,,,most pro's run them so that should tell ya something,,,they hit bigger jumps than me. Oh and yeah my pegs are getting wore down,,were the teeth are at,,I figure after about 2 years they'll be flat,,but I'll just get a file and made more teeth I guess..:D

Dave400ex
12-10-2001, 02:42 PM
I`m going to have to try that Wisk idea.

inacoma91
12-10-2001, 04:38 PM
Just wondering, would the AC 250R regular nerfs bolt up to a 400?? I have a chance to get a brand new set for cheap........

Thanks
Andrew
Thunder Racing

Chef
12-10-2001, 05:15 PM
my right side peg like leans back weird or something, it leans back more than the other, i dont know if you can really tell in this pic, but try. it originally a pic of the swingarm, but it has the pegs in it

12-10-2001, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by inacoma91
Just wondering, would the AC 250R regular nerfs bolt up to a 400?? I have a chance to get a brand new set for cheap........
I was wondering this myself, I found a new set for a 250r for $189 here locally and made me wonder if they would fit.

Dave400ex
12-10-2001, 05:47 PM
I called AC a while back and asked if the standard nerf bars would fit. The guy said they wouldn`t. You may want to call and check again though.

12-10-2001, 11:00 PM
do you wanna sell your right side propeg & mount or is it bent to let me know rclark2930@msn.com

12-11-2001, 06:56 AM
Well I did find out last night that the peg is bent not the nerfbars themself,,I'm gonna call ac today and see what they can do for me...my subframe is bent too..:(

Dave400ex
12-11-2001, 02:43 PM
What kind of subframe are you going to get?

08-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
What kind of subframe are you going to get?

I"M still usin the same one for 2.5 years now...:huh :eek2:

Tommy 17
08-05-2004, 08:33 PM
wow 2001 and i'm still postin here:p

SGA
08-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
wow 2001 and i'm still postin here:p
Tramp!:blah:

Live2Ride300
08-05-2004, 10:56 PM
lmao, i started reading this thread and realized i read it awhile back

Chanman420q
08-06-2004, 09:23 AM
whats with these old threads coming back up

08-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
whats with these old threads coming back up

All the other threads are getting old so I went back a few years.

After reading thru the same crap for 3 years all new threads look the same...:o So I occasionally go back a few years and look at old ones...:blah:

You be surprised at how many GOOD threads are out there but just not bumped up for others to see..;)

remlapr
08-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Rico

You be surprised at how many GOOD threads are out there but just not bumped up for others to see..;)

I wish I could find that dyno thread with all the dyno sheets posted and everyone calling the guy that was posting them a liar. I found it doing a search before I was even signed up in Dec 02, I have looked several times and I guess it's been deleted because I can't find it, which sucks because it was one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read on here....

Juggalo
08-07-2004, 01:02 AM
i remember this one..good times...