PDA

View Full Version : The new RMCS from Wiley Mods

pmarra
11-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Cobra RMC-90 S

· Cobra standard bullet proof 6 speed bottom end with several ‘new for 2012’ shifting refinements common to the ‘yet to be released’ Cobra CX65 PV

· Direct – acting solenoid operated exhaust power valve integrated to the RM cylinder

o Reliable small solenoid used for years in the medical and farming industries is integrated into the PVL digital ignition system to open at a precise engine speed

o Opens quickly (30ms) for smooth power delivery under all conditions

o Handy inspection cover which allows one to easily confirm proper operation in the pits.

pmarra
11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
pic

Ryko racing
11-29-2011, 10:19 AM
SWEET......

mudatv
11-29-2011, 11:19 PM
EVERYONE - Hurry - go out and buy the newest, latest, greatest part out there! I hate the "off season"! People come out with new products and we all run out and buy them before we know if they are superior in performance or really worth the expense.
I'm sure that if Paul is building this, it will perform, however, will it be SO much better that it's worth the expense?
What class will this engine be ran in?
Production? Hmmm, I challenge that NO Cobra is "production" legal........ People cannot go out and buy a COMPLETE Cobra so a Cobra is not a production machine that people can buy off the showroom floor. If I were to buy a Yamaha YZF450 chassis and put a Yamaha 250f engine into it, Do you think I could enter it in the Schoolboy Jr. class? Yamaha into a Yamaha........Cobra into Cobra......Same.....
Food for thought...

tyler70t
11-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Engine builders spend a lot of time and money doing research and development so that they can provide the racers with the best possible machines to win races. This motor may be used in both 90 mod and 90 production. If you don't want to race against it then remember there is now a 90 stock class. I personally feel Wiley has something here that is going to help a lot of racers because this motor has the ability to be fine tuned to the riders style and is more forgiving if they happen to be in the wrong gear , KUDOS to Paul Marra!!!!!!;) ;)

Ryko racing
11-30-2011, 07:20 AM
It seems to me that a lot of time and effort from a lot of people went into building this powerplant.

We got to test a prototype a couple of years back and found it to be faster than our cr 85 mod and virtually bulletproof. ( i just couldnt afford it at the time, I know that Szymborski and Horton and Gennusa pretty much dominated with the first version. And it cant cost any more than what people pay to get a Two fast motor i wouldnt think?) I remember a few years ago i asked a top cvt builder what a motor would cost and he said " How fast you want it to go is directly linked to the amount of cash in your wallet".
I sold the cvt and bought a shifter.....And still spent the money afterall..... SPEED EQUALS DOLLARS, AND QUALITY SPEED COSTS EVEN MORE.

Kudos to the builders for putting their time and efforts into this project. ( im sure Cobra finally stepped up to help also).

I wish Cobra would put forth the support to the Quads that they give to the bikes. If they ever decide to do that it would ROCK OUR WORLD......

Nice job guys..... Cant wait til BAMA......

pmarra
12-01-2011, 02:20 PM
To be clear, with a little bit of welding and some machining this ECX90S is made by modifying the homologated ECX70 cases that have been in production since 2009. Each year since then the ECX70 cases have received improvements (crank bearing fit, shifting components, etc…) that the bike engine (CX65) received and this year is no different, although the shifting improvements huge.

ECX70 engines from 2005- early 2008 are not compatible with this 90 kit upgrade.

This kit is available from Wiley Mods exclusively using Cobra production parts, Suzuki parts, and a bunch of hard work.

don bassani
12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey Paul, perhaps you can clarify a couple of questions regarding cobras. Does cobra only make 1 chassis for the different models ? Could someone order 10 cobras and get them right away or do you have to wait for them for months to be built.What is the reason cobra does not sell quads with engine installed ?

pmarra
12-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Don Cobra makes 1 frame for all models.if you order 10 cobers i will get them to you in 40 days. the goverment will not let them sel a quad with out head lights an brake lights.so to get around that they sel the quad with no engine in complete.

chunky0071
12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
It's not the light and brake lights that keep them from selling them. Trx90 and the Suzuki don't have lights and you can buy them.

pmarra
12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Chunky0071 i appologize. I had to do some homework but heres the reason, cobras are not sold complete because you need a flag holder with a stop switch, roll over shut off switch, it can only run a maximum speed of 22 miles per hour, you need a nuetral start switch, a parking brake and also a few more things but i can remember, that is why cobras are sold complete.

chunky0071
12-02-2011, 02:48 PM
NO need to apologize I understand. I think it's a crook of S*&t to. Is that going effect the production rule or not?

pmarra
12-02-2011, 05:31 PM
The cobra quads can run in production and will

don bassani
12-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Too much regulation !!!! Cobras are for race only sold by race shops only .Government should worry about more important things like the economy instead of safety crap on race quads that would have to be removed to race !! Cobra>the only quad made in USA and the government is going to bust there balls ! AMA should be thankful to have an American quad instead of all these Chinese yard quads.

tyler70t
12-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Paul, are you going to Dyno that motor, would love to see those results.

chunky0071
12-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the info Paul and by the way awesome build!

pmarra
12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
These Engines should be redy to ship in january.

gistmarrs
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Paul,

Can you PM me a price on one of those.

Thanks,
Marrs

Logan #34's Dad
12-08-2011, 08:23 PM
In Reference to this whole "Production" rule, Don't be surprised if we start seeing JB's, Roberts, Lonestar, ect in the other production classes.
It's my understanding that due to the current state of the economy, the AMA has lowered its standards for the homogalization requirements. I've been told that the lowered the "availible" machines from 100 down to 25.....
IF this is true, a company like the ones mentioned above could easily show they have 25 availible.
Watch the Schoolboy class Dad's freak out on this one! OR when team CanAm gets smoked by a Lonestar Honda with the CRF450 powerplant. I know that if I owned Lonestar (as an example), I'd be putting together 25 ready for sale asap for all the classes....

Coley'sdad#8
12-09-2011, 05:34 AM
did he say homo:eek2: :eek2:

don bassani
12-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Any dyno news on new motor yet ?

tyler70t
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Paul get mine ready, we're gonna need it.

tyler70t
01-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Paul,
Tried to call last night but couldn't get you. I will stop over this week so we can discuss details.....................Jeff

pmarra
02-13-2012, 07:22 PM
The new RMc90s is going very fast so if you need one call 609-387-3060 and ask for Paul thanks

tyler70t
03-21-2012, 03:31 AM
WISHING GOOD LUCK TO DJ BASSANI @ RD 1 WITH HIS NEW RMCS!!!! I HEAR THAT MOTOR IS CRAZY FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

pmarra
04-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Here is a picture of the new RMC90S available only from Wiley Mods. Bolt it in , pin the throttle & head for the podium!!

pmarra
04-24-2012, 01:39 PM
pic 2

pmarra
04-24-2012, 01:58 PM
another pic

Ryko racing
04-24-2012, 03:05 PM
AWESOME. I WISH WE WOULD HAVE HAD ONE BACK THEN........

mudatv
04-24-2012, 03:12 PM
At a rumored $6500.00 that sure is a lot of coin to win a $10 piece of wood. SO much for keeping it more about the kids and not the wallet.

zach R 7x
04-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by mudatv
At a rumored $6500.00 that sure is a lot of coin to win a $10 piece of wood. SO much for keeping it more about the kids and not the wallet.

Apparently you haven't raced much! Racing=money, and if you want to win at the national level you will need lots of it! I Thought by goin with a shifted mod, the expensive motors were over......guess not.

desratt
04-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I need one in a 70 ss. Would it ever be possible to use the new 65cc pv cylinder?

Logan #34's Dad
04-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
Apparently you haven't raced much! Racing=money, and if you want to win at the national level you will need lots of it! I Thought by goin with a shifted mod, the expensive motors were over......guess not.

I hear ya Tim, but with that being said, I've got under $1600 in either one of my mod motors. One stroked to a 90 and the other is a modified 105.
With that being said, After watching one of these engines roll off the line at Muddy Creek, they ARE as good as advertised and IF your needing to stay in the production class - this is the only way a Cobra is going to keep up in the 90 Prodution class. The stock Cobra engine will have to be modified similar to Wiley's or the one the Collard boy (#180) is running - it took the holeshot - to run with the Honda 4stroke or the STROKED Honda/Apex CR90's (I guess they can run an RM if they so choose also!).
But IF your only going to run in the 90 modified type class, paying this kind of money is just crazy when you can build a regular dirtbike engine for much less that will run as strong as one of these. Just my opinion......

Ryko racing
04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Well said, unfortunately no matter what class you race in atvs it is very expensive.

The guys that win consistantly have the high dollar stuff as not only does it perform but it usually holds up better.

Like my dad says IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT DONT GO INTO THE KITCHEN.

I do know that the amount of labor it takes to build that motor Paul is not getting rich. H

Ryko racing
04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Well said, unfortunately no matter what class you race in atvs it is very expensive.

The guys that win consistantly have the high dollar stuff as not only does it perform but it usually holds up better.

I do know that the amount of labor it takes to build that motor Paul is not getting rich. H

trx90luke
04-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Ryko racing

*****"The guys that win consistantly have the high dollar stuff as not only does it perform but it usually holds up better."******

I do know that the amount of labor it takes to build that motor Paul is not getting rich. H [U] not true at all ive raced my blaster stock cyl 230,port polish, cr500 carb etc and use to beat the 275 cheaters and 240 bigbore kids all the time and my blaster was not a high dollar quad just saying 80% rider 20% quad. dont let your kids think its all about$$$

gistmarrs
04-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Luke,
Where and who were you racing? These guys are talking nationals, not flat track at the Hanford fairgrounds. Locally, my daughter was smoking 90's on her Cobra 50. There just isn't the same level of competition around here.

trx90luke
04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Lodi,taft,ventura,salinas, hanford 2 but all the fast quads are outta valley

Ryko racing
04-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Im not trying to insult anyone but these top national riders have got their stuff dialed in.

im not saying its the only way but currently the top riders in the 90 production and girls classes are on top of their game and if you want to win consistantly it will cost you BIG BUCKS AND BIG TIME TESTING.

My son is a top national rider and i still am behind a few of these guys. ( i just cant get there..... its not for a lack of trying. these guys are just good and their riders are top notch also.)

thats why we do this , for the challenge........

Lets go have fun....

zach R 7x
04-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Im not trying to insult anyone but these top national riders have got their stuff dialed in.

im not saying its the only way but currently the top riders in the 90 production and girls classes are on top of their game and if you want to win consistantly it will cost you BIG BUCKS AND BIG TIME TESTING.

My son is a top national rider and i still am behind a few of these guys. ( i just cant get there..... its not for a lack of trying. these guys are just good and their riders are top notch also.)

thats why we do this , for the challenge........

Lets go have fun....

Nice post ! Honest and to the point! I do not have the time or the money to spend like some people do. So we choose to race what we can afford and have fun doing it. Run a few nationals a year to see where we stand and of corse......for the challenge!

zach R 7x
04-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Rocky, didn't realize the production thing. I was told thru the racing grape vine these motors were the next 2fast/RT of the mod motors. So your sayin we don't have to spend these big bucks and can compete with our 90/105 cr's ?

tyler70t
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Paul,
How are your riders doing with these motors? We are still putting our $$$ away to get one, hopefully soon:)

Logan #34's Dad
04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
Rocky, didn't realize the production thing. I was told thru the racing grape vine these motors were the next 2fast/RT of the mod motors. So your sayin we don't have to spend these big bucks and can compete with our 90/105 cr's ?

This engine is production legal. After watching Maci roll with it, it is just as strong as the cr's or rm's or KTM's especially in the light Cobra chassis.

don bassani
04-26-2012, 05:43 PM
The new rmc is expensive ,but not much more than a 2fast or R/T cvt. I do not think a stock dirt bike motor makes the HP of the RMC but a good rider may make it seem like they are equal,but a dyno will show the RMC makes more power.Most kids (like mine)do not use all the power,but when they are ready it will be there.

Logan #34's Dad
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by don bassani
The new rmc is expensive ,but not much more than a 2fast or R/T cvt.

And here's the sick part:
Heres what we can all get for the same money.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MLL-BP3833CTC1/

Again, Why do we do this??

bigdaddy77
04-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Right on Rocky!!!! Its getting out of hand. We get bashed at the local tracks for running a four stroke, and in a Pitster to boot. Then when Adam holeshots them or runs right with them and doesnt DNF they dont have much to say.
Adams 8 and has the shifting and manual clutch down pat. All three of his quads are manual clutches. He even pulls my Raptor in and out of the trailer.
When is it going to stop. Im content competing not winning every moto. Now maybe when he is 13 and is still running minis winning may be more important. But right now being 8 and running the 4 banger against mods and 2Fast quads we are happy competing.

zach R 7x
05-01-2012, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
And here's the sick part:
Heres what we can all get for the same money.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MLL-BP3833CTC1/

Again, Why do we do this??

I had one of these ordered for my truck two years ago.... Had to cancel it to buy a 2fast motor for our quad instead! LOL!

Ryko racing
05-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Rocky, correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that big block be considered Production legal this year. LoL....

Just needed a laugh.

#404's Dad
05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
That's a Small Block lol but none the less, I am building a Big Block Camaro street / strip car, have been for years and I him haw around all the time when ordering stuff for it, can't ever bring myself to put much money in the damn thing really BUT no problem at all buying everything under the sun for the mini quads!! Heck I buy the newest latest and greatest stuff out all the time just to try it lol, so much stuff just sitting in the corner and on shelves.

Last thing I ordered was a complete mandrel bent 3 inch stainless dual exhaust system with stainless mufflers, a lot of pipe and a 106 pound box, under $400 shipped to my door!!

Damn mini quads!!

Logan #34's Dad
05-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Rocky, correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that big block be considered Production legal this year. LoL....

Just needed a laugh.

AMEN! But only if it's in the APEX frame.... Hehe

Ryko racing
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
yeah. " but it is good for the sport".

i JUST GOT MY HORSE TRAILER W SLEEPER SET UP FOR THIS WEEKEND. I FIGURE I CAN RIDE MY HORSE IN THE PITS AND USE IT TO PULL MY WATER TANKS.............LOL.

IT SHOULD SMELL NICE IN THE RAIN........

jay-r
05-01-2012, 04:52 PM
It all comes down to your level of addiction. A couple of years ago, I never thought I would be in this deep. I may need an intervention or rehab at some point. :eek2:

thequadfather+2
05-02-2012, 06:21 AM
I didn't either. I know Henson didn't plan on it but I spent the better part of a year recruiting them. :devil:

I don't want to be the only one blowing this much money, I want to share it with my friends. Chuck Losey used to tell me we were just making memories....

404-I hear ya. I put 10-K in a 2004 Ford Lightning. Hauled it to Harrisburg, PA and had a fully built JLP motor put in, KB-blower, forged crank and manley rods....It was a beast. It laid down 602 at the rear wheels on 18 pounds of boost. I never thought I would put that kind of money in a quad that has trouble making it through a race weekend without breaking down.:eek2:

jay-r
05-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes, there is no price tag on a holeshot or to have your child and quad on top of the podium. It is priceless. It can't be bought, if the child can do it, then we have to give them the tools to get it done. Yep, it is an addiction, once hooked, all logic and dollars fly out the window. But, ain't it fun! :D

edwardsp&b
05-02-2012, 10:07 AM
thequadfather+2 I didn't either. I know Henson didn't plan on it but I spent the better part of a year recruiting them.

I don't want to be the only one blowing this much money, I want to share it with my friends. Chuck Losey used to tell me we were just making memories....

I remember a few years ago, we all sat down at a cracker barrell after a local race and you were questioning me about running Nats. How much do you reckon youve spent since then? LOL

I wouldnt trade this time for anything. Even though it costs an arm and a leg, its worth every penny. Losey has it right, these memories are priceless. Heck, we have as much fun on the adventures to and from the track as we do at the track.

I do think that some people in the industry take advantage of us because they know we will spend (and can afford to) whatever it takes for little billy to beat little johnny. But thats how it goes....I reckon everybody has to make a dollar here and there.

thequadfather+2
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Bryan you are right and I cant even go back and count the dollars I have spent since that day. I think Mr Reed is right too What we get to see the kids do is priceless and if they learn a few life-lessons along the way then thats even better.

Folks keep talking about what we get in the end---A piece of wood, a plaque or cheap trophy. Thats all you get in any youth sport, win a state championship and you get a plaque, a jacket or ring...We didnt do it for that back in school and I dont think there are many doing it for that reason here in our sport.

I do it for the time with the family, I do it to watch my boys hit the track with some of the fastest kids in the country, I do it because I like competition and it's a part of life in everything we do and I want them to experience that and see what it takes to be good at something, I do it for the memories-both mine and theirs, I do it for the videos, I do it so that I have something to talk about with my wife when they get to old to come and see us anymore....Mostly I do it because they love it.

Check this out and think about it.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ekXwea-XFJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edwardsp&b
05-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Bruce, probably my favorite video so far......Great job
Bryan

jay-r
05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Bruce, you are the man! I love the video and I may print your post on why we do it and frame it or carry it with me to explain to non racers why we do it. :D

rookiewrench
05-02-2012, 01:15 PM
what was that speech from?

hensonfamfun
05-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Dang Kirkland!!!! Thats how he got me too!!! I was minding my own business at Cracker Barrell....... eating Uncle Hershels breakfast then "BAM" I'm racing National with him.:D Yeah I love being broke!!! I kind of feel the way most everybody else does about racing. I do it because of the people we meet along the way. Without those great friends and people for me it would not be as fun. I love the stuff because I love...... racing, board meetings on Saturday nights, giving Walters a hand:devil: , fixing quads that aren't mine, looking for my son before a race, getting woke up at 7:00 a.m by "Good Morning Racers!!!!!!!!!!!!", eating my first meal of the day at 5 in the afternoon, looking for my son so he can eat dinner, trying to figure out how we used so much water in one day and have a 1/4 of a tank for the next two days, the sinking in your stomach right before they leave the gate, the thrill of watching them cross the finish line and NOTHING is broke, the thrill of my wifes face when we leave the track and we spent less than $200.00 on parts, looking for my son so we can head back home to Tennessee, and most of all I love the conversations we have as a family to and from the track. They are some of the best moments I have spent with my family thus far and are worth EVERY penny. Racing=broke and I dont care!:D

edwardsp&b
05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Henson your crazy!!!!! Funny thing is your absolutely right!!!!
We have met some really good people out there racing and over the road. We have met some not so good ones too. All in all its worth every penny.

Henson, Im guessing, since the Carson clan isnt coming, you arent either? If you are call me when you get there to try and park by us.
Bryan

hensonfamfun
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Believe it or not we will be there! I shipped his quad via Brocato Express! We are staying in the hotel this time and are touring Washington D.C. Saturday night. Connor has been wanting to see the Lincoln memorial and Washington monument for some time so I thought I would get my racing and history fix all in one weekend!

thequadfather+2
05-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by rookiewrench
what was that speech from?

John Doman is the guys name. He has several motivational speeches. He has one audio that I am going to use later...After I listened to it -- I wrestled a grizzly bear:devil:

He can motivate a turd.

tyler70t
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
That is a neat video makes you want to take on the world

Originally posted by thequadfather+2
Bryan you are right and I cant even go back and count the dollars I have spent since that day. I think Mr Reed is right too What we get to see the kids do is priceless and if they learn a few life-lessons along the way then thats even better.

Folks keep talking about what we get in the end---A piece of wood, a plaque or cheap trophy. Thats all you get in any youth sport, win a state championship and you get a plaque, a jacket or ring...We didnt do it for that back in school and I dont think there are many doing it for that reason here in our sport.

I do it for the time with the family, I do it to watch my boys hit the track with some of the fastest kids in the country, I do it because I like competition and it's a part of life in everything we do and I want them to experience that and see what it takes to be good at something, I do it for the memories-both mine and theirs, I do it for the videos, I do it so that I have something to talk about with my wife when they get to old to come and see us anymore....Mostly I do it because they love it.

Check this out and think about it.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ekXwea-XFJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pmarra
07-02-2012, 02:59 PM
The 70 powervalve is on its way.

edwardsp&b
07-02-2012, 03:52 PM
pmarra The 70 powervalve is on its way.

Any ballpark idea on price?
Bryan

desratt
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I need one for a 70ss. Or maybe 2.

pmarra
07-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Desratt that may be workable

desratt
07-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Let me know cause I am ordering a backup mammoth possibly tomorrow.

tyler70t
07-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Wiley 70 powervalve

tyler70t
07-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Coming to the podium soon

desratt
07-09-2012, 12:32 PM
what controls the powervalve?

pmarra
07-10-2012, 06:42 AM
The powervalve is controled by the stater and Cdi box

desratt
07-10-2012, 09:07 AM
can it be sold in kits to upgrade a current engine. say cylinder, powervalve, and controls.?

pmarra
07-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Im working on seeing what i can do abought a kit

tyler70t
09-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Paul,
When is the 70 gonna be ready, I have a rider that wants to test it out?

desratt
09-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Yep we're waiting too.

tyler70t
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Paul,
This may be a dumb question but is there a way to put a powervalve on a cvt motor?

desratt
11-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Want one on a 70 ss cylinder

pmarra
03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
The PV 70 ss is on its way

desratt
03-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Dibs

pmarra
04-12-2013, 11:13 AM
I have a Pv 70 shifter for sale com. kit ex. Ign. carb