PDA

View Full Version : 06 Trx450er motor issue. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Hondaman88
11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
i have a 2006 trx450er. i put a stage 2 hotcam cam in it. timed the motor and everything and was in the process of breaking the cam in.
I shut the motor off and went to fire it back up and it wouldnt do jack. Turns out it the decompression valve came loose and was rubbing the inside of the valve cover, which to me would mean the motor wasnt decompressing.

what issue's could this have caused????

eastside 400
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM
no issues, im guessing you forgot to tighten the bolt? make sure you put some blue loctite on it and tighten it back up. no harm no foul most likely. it just had too much compression for the starter to spin the motor over

Hondaman88
11-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I didn't forget to tighten the bolt. I even torque it to spec. Somehow it came loose.

You sure it would have messed anything up frOm this happening?

mx Eli
11-28-2011, 08:10 PM
did you locktight the bolt? if u dont locktight it will come out, had it happen to me

Hondaman88
11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
No I didn't lock tight the bolt.
Did it mess anything up when yours came out?

mx Eli
11-28-2011, 08:38 PM
mine was running and went thru the valve cover, needed a need bolt, the main decomp part (idk how to explain it better, its the part that the bolt goes threw)

first pull your filter and cut open, see how many shavings there is if theres alot take off left side cover and clean as best u can, put back together. go buy about 4 filters and 4 qrts of oil,

put in new oil and filter run it for maybe 2 minutes, drain oil, change filter, repeat until no shavings.

like i said mine went threw the cover and it took a couple times to get all shavings, if yours isnt as bad it wont take as many cycles

Hondaman88
11-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Mine didn't hit the cover bad. Barely went into the cover about 1/8 of a inch. Very lil shavings

mx Eli
11-29-2011, 05:57 AM
id just get a new bolt (threads are prolly screwed up alittle) and see how the notch is (keeps whole decomp from spinning, goes into cam) just do what i said with the filter and oil changes a couple times and you should be fine.

also make sure no more shavings come off the cover