PDA

View Full Version : Best option

gojk
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Help me decide what I should do. First off, this is what I have.

Uni air filter, 38AS carb, PT Eliminator pipe with powercore 2 stinger.

Now to the options. Should I

1. Send stock cylinder to Neil and have him port it, buy esr trx5 centermount pipe and silencer with new reeds and cage and maybe a CR ignition.

2. Buy ESR 330 PV kit and utilize existing parts.

3. Other, list what you would do. I am trying to keep the cost below $1500, the cheaper the better, but I don't want to cut corners and be disappointed or have problems.

I have the engine torn down now and will be replacing the main bearings and the clutch while it is apart.

hartwill
11-28-2011, 04:43 AM
Buy an esr310 and send it to Neil, and get the cr ignition.

audioworks04
11-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Send your cylinder to neil and get the trx5, best bang for your buck assuming you dont need a crank when you do tear down. I wouldnt get a pv motor, I have heard of way too many people having problems with it.

leager-n-ky
11-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
Buy an esr310 and send it to Neil, and get the cr ignition.

X 2, I have their 310 PV, and havnt had any problems, if you get their reed cage, double check all the screws before assembly.

Grande Huevos
11-28-2011, 08:44 AM
i would go with esr 310 or 330 non pv. its only $100 diff from the 310 to 330 so i would get the extra power! get the esr 5 pipe and you should still have bout $500 to play with. you could prob get new reeds and a port job for that. You will have a sweet runnin new solid motor in which i think you would love especially coming off a stock non ported cylinder, and you could always save up for the cr ignition and bolt it up at anytime for a little extra power if ya still want it!