PDA

View Full Version : USAA and first time loans.

buck440
11-27-2011, 05:08 PM
i'll try to keep this short but i think thelane works at usaa? i got my ship date to Ft. Benning GA in about 5 months in the ARMY and will go in as an E-3 and possibly E-4. say i got an account at USAA and been out of OSUT for a few months and with a unit and have about 6 years left on my contract.

what are my chances of getting an auto loan?

i have zero collateral. took a $4,500 loan out about 2 years ago and have it half paid off without being late, that's the only thing that would show up on my credit.

got 1 ticket for speeding and 1 for failure to stop at a light. 21 years old will be 22 by then.

auto loan would be a little less than $40,000. think i gotta chance?

Tommy Warren
11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
don't forget you need full insurance coverage on a vehicle that has a loan on it...and with your record the insurance might be high as well...take that into account before you purchase a 40K vehicle....can you get a co-signer?

buck440
11-27-2011, 05:37 PM
i know i'll need full coverage. i would like to do it without a co signer. my parents love me but they don't love me that much lol.

last time i got a ticket was a few years ago which was the last time i had insurance:chinese:

slightlybent47
11-27-2011, 06:37 PM
What do ya need a car for? You wont be needing it.lol
If ya need a car for a short time get an old beater. My nephew has been in for 2 years and he got an old beater to use when he is here in the states. He’s in Iraq now, can’t drive it there.lol
Get a beater and save for a new one while you don’t really need one. Use the time to pay off what loans you do have and that will help when you’re ready to buy a new one.

hudsont59
11-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Its more than likely not going to happen, and i agree with above. I saw way to many people get in over their heads with car loans while on active duty. Get a cheaper car to get around base and get out on long weekends. In the long run you will be happier to have that extra cash to get the hell off base and have fun with your friends.

trailrider894
11-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by buck440
i'll try to keep this short but i think thelane works at usaa? i got my ship date to Ft. Benning GA in about 5 months in the ARMY and will go in as an E-3 and possibly E-4. say i got an account at USAA and been out of OSUT for a few months and with a unit and have about 6 years left on my contract.

You can't be promoted past E-3 before your OSUT....

buck440
11-28-2011, 07:48 AM
well then E-3;) my college edumacation paid off finally.

trailrider894
11-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by buck440
well then E-3;) my college edumacation paid off finally.

ha ha same here dude... I got E-3 before i shipped too!! SPC won't be far off bro!!