PDA

View Full Version : Clutch issues....

NMills
11-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Well... i've been bad... have not been on here lately.... been busy.... anyways.... i decided to putt around on my wheeler the other day... and had a few problems... now a little background.... just rebuilt.... 416 11.1... Stage 2 HotCam... Tusk clutch...

Anyways... just driving and i'd turn around... or just drive in reverse..... eventually.... it would not shift.... Even with the clutch handle in... the clutch would not disengage... it would drive as had and as fast as if it was engaged.... But if i let it sit for a bit... it'd run fine.... good as new....

Also.... not sure if thiis has anything to do with it... But i'm losing oil somewhere.... it does not leak... does not burn... but since the rebuild that was done just a couple months ago... and 2 rides... i've used about 3.5 quarts of oil.... Cant' seem to figure out what's goin on with that...

Hopefully i've explained this enough....
Hope to get some good answers...

Thanks guys...

CJM
11-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Oil coming out the breather? Its gotta be burning it otherwise.

Is your clutch cable good? What oil are you using? Also did you make sure you put the last clutch plate in the fingers of the basket? Could also have over tightened the clutch outer plate too tight-the bolts should be hand tight and not very much at that.

NMills
11-25-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't think so... but never looked at the breather... i don't have the wheeler here... so it's ask... then when i can run down and look... come back... ask again... seems like a pain...

But if it is... what would case that???

brand new cable... i thought it was the cable to begin with as it was gettin old and stretched... so i put in in a new one...

Not sure about the plates...

Rotella... for oil...

clutch outer plate??? Which ones are those??? the ones with the springs???

what get's me is i've trail ridden this hard.... not a problem other then the oil dissapearing then coming back... so at one point i was way over full...

CJM
11-25-2011, 09:11 PM
The outer plate is the one with the springs.

Rotella would be fine to use as well.

Oil issue seems like a mystery, IDK seems odd it left then came back.

Stickman400
11-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Is the , button on your keyboard broken or something? lol