PDA

View Full Version : Got fuel and fire but wont start..need help

dewutfan
11-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok here is the deal pulled it out of the trailer after 2 months setting started up 2nd kick ran 7 sec or so and died, wont hit a lick.. i have cleaned carb changed all gas and plug i got spark but wont start.. i check kill switch its ok check all connections and still nothing got good compression ... :mad: so can anyone help me out here.. i am so lost here and i have checked all grounds too.. this is an apex 90 with malossi big bore and pvl has 4 races on it.. Please give any in put you have i need help here lol Thanks

djdfairchild
11-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Are you sure float needle is free, after sitting I've had the same problem, needle wont let fuel into bowl. just make sure fuel is in bowl.
I will usually try starting fluid to eliminate spark and compression

chunky0071
11-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Do not use starting fluid use gas! Get a spray bottle and spray little in the carb.

dewutfan
11-25-2011, 06:44 PM
the floats are working fine checked that.and i got compression..and good spark..

Castellano10
11-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Check and make sure you dont have the hose from the gas cap stuck down the steering stem

bloodswet&gears
11-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Did you take the plug out of the pipe? guess it may not run 7sec if you didnt. flywheel loose, maybe timing off. Just cause its firing dont mean its firing at the right time.

also i get UT Fan but what is dew in dewutfan

hotquads1
11-25-2011, 08:44 PM
If compression is good then sounds like it could be flooded, try pulling plug out kick several times to evacuate over-rich condition, clean plug and install , spray one squirt of ether on air filter and give it a kick .

djdfairchild
11-25-2011, 09:23 PM
A little starting fluid(either) on air filter to hear it fire won't hurt anything. If its flooded gas may not help you. Works to eliminate grounds and such

Castellano10
11-25-2011, 11:40 PM
I would also check the reeds

qcitytile
11-26-2011, 01:11 AM
we used to run the malossi and I have had the cylinder base gasket leak. Caused the same issue your having. Although our's had a backfire about every 15 kick's. You might check that

mmsoup
11-26-2011, 07:41 AM
If it keeps giving you trouble give me a call. We have three of these and any possible spare part and we are only a few minutes away.

Is the plug wet or dry when you take it out after a few kicks?

Is the spark plug cap securely attached to the coil wire? (That one has caused a few headaches over time for myself and others)

Make sure there is no coolant on the spark plug

Mark
330-4465

dewutfan
11-26-2011, 04:08 PM
ok thank you all for getting back to me i didnt have time today to touch it but will tomorrow and yes got sparkand plug is wet and i dont run a vent tube that way.. i am gonna check the reeds tomorrow and i will try some ether to see what happens and Mark at hot quads i might be calling you monday and bring i to you. Gary at G force gave me some things to try also he sponsors us. so hope i get it figured out with all these helpfull ideas ..i willkeep you guys posted.. Thanks again guys lol oh and Dew is my nick name lol go vols lol

bloodswet&gears
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Good thing our vols aint doin so well. Marc is probley a BAMA fan. Might have a hard time gettin good answers if the Vols were doin anything. LOL.

Guess I shoulda sent a P.M. about he whole UT fan thing. Now we both will get ragged on about our team. OOOOHHH Man!!!!! Im sorry.

Just kidding about Marc. Those guys down there at Hot Quads are GREAT.
Hope I didnt mess up your thread Dew. Hope you git er runnin.
Troy.

edwardsp&b
11-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Marc is a "war eagle" fan. But still a great guy. Bring it to my house tommorow. Bet its flooded or something else stupid. My number is 706 836-2986.
Bryan

Ps for those that don't know thats an auburn fan.....ughh.....Go Dawgs

bloodswet&gears
11-26-2011, 05:09 PM
See. LOL. didnt even think about that. just havin fun guys.

dewutfan
11-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Ok spent the day with Bryan Kirkland and he helped me weed it down and found the problem.. only got 90 psi compression so got new top end kit coming ... Thanks again to all that answered back and great thanks to Bryan for taking time out of his day to help us...

edwardsp&b
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Anytime man.........
Bryan

dewutfan
12-05-2011, 03:52 PM
oh yea life is good lol got the new ring in tonight put motor back in and bammmm second kick we are running lol thanks to all that gave feed back and again to Bryan k for letting me come over and bending his ear again this Sunday on the phone ... hope to see a bunch of you guys soon .. Wyatt is stoked..lol

chunky0071
12-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Glad to hear you got her going!