PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Apex Stock Shocks (Any Help for them?)

Doug10
11-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Question for you Apex Dads. Is there anything to be done with the stock 2011 Long Travel Shocks to help out a little guy?

My guy is about 45lbs or so. He don't jump much, but runs hard on the straights and turns and gets tossed rather good when its rutted up. Im looking to get him setup on a budget for next season.

Doug

dewutfan
11-24-2011, 06:27 PM
you can change out the spring but there is not much you can do with them. we tried everything ..so we just went ahead and put elka shocks on it ..

Doug10
11-24-2011, 06:49 PM
i was looking at the Stage 3 Elkas. Is that what you went to? Were you happy with the results?

Did you keep stock A-Arms?

Doug

chunky0071
11-24-2011, 06:57 PM
You can get springs and if you can find a shop that wi play with the nitrogen in the shocks that helps with compression. You can get spring through Works Suspenion.

dewutfan
11-25-2011, 05:51 AM
we love are elka shocks and yes we stayed with stock A- arms and my son rides a whole lots different now and he loves them. but like i said and Chunky0071 is saying you can try changing out springs to softer ones and see what happens but we did not see much improvement.. Terri Beckman and some elka stage 3 on sale just over $1000 dollars for all three .. if you want to take a chance on getting them for Apex .. hate to say it that way but i would ask of COD if it was me but thats a great price on them.. good luck with what ever you do ..