PDA

View Full Version : 250R Roll Design Pegs

250RXCrider
02-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Just wondering if any out there has mounted the Roll Design pegs to an 86/87 stlye 250R. I am running into a couple problems and I am looking for some help.

Thanks,
-JP

heypooles@aol.com

Pappy
02-26-2003, 09:13 PM
i mounted 2 sets of roll pegs...1 on a 400ex and one on a z400. the 400ex went right on...but the z400 seemed to have a mounting hole alignment problem. what trouble are you running into?

250RXCrider
02-26-2003, 09:28 PM
On the 86 R the foot pegs are a folding twp piece design. The problem I am having is that the Roll peg will not fit into the stock Honda base that bolts to the frame. That problem is not the worst of it, it may just be the paint that makes it tight. The stock foot pegs have a stop built into the bottom of them that keeps the peg level, the stop rests againist the stock base. The Roll peg has a stop built in as well, but it is about a 1/4 inch short. This causes the end of the peg to point towards the ground and not sit level. I have contacted IMS and they said they only make one folding design peg. I have also emailed Roll Design, but they have not replied. My only option is to weld a tab on the stock Honda base to make the Roll pegs work correctly. My frustration is that I spent some dough for those Roll pegs and I would hate to screw something up by modifying them or my stock honda mounts.

Sorry I wrote so much!!!

Pappy
02-27-2003, 06:45 AM
yeah i heard there might be a problem with them regarding the 86-87 R's. well if ya have to mod them...and ya have no choice go ahead once you find out all the facts. then shoot them over here and ill make them lookin good again for free....i hate when a part aint right:mad:

nuttynewt
02-27-2003, 06:56 AM
I've got them pegs on my 86R and they sag a little, but not too much. I bought new pins, but haven't installed them yet to see if they correct the problem. Mine fit in the groove fine, though.

250RXCrider
02-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the replys....Pappy that is a nice offer I might have to take you up on it.

Hey nuttynewt........ Another problem I am having is that the hole in the Roll peg is larger in diameter than the stock base. I think Honda may have changed the peg design during mid production on the 86 R. By any chance could you measure the diameter of the pin? Thanks for your help and if you have any pics that would also be great.

I will have to buy you both a beer!!!!!

-JP

oldsandman
02-28-2003, 02:16 AM
I've got them on my 86r and they were very tight fitting but didn't sag down...I did have to trim the springs on them otherwise they were perfect. Mine is an early 86 maybe they are a little different.

nuttynewt
02-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah, if I get a chance tonight I will measure the pin diameter. I doubt that they changed it, though, because Honda doesn't list two part numbers for pins, pegs, mounts, etc...

250RXCrider
02-28-2003, 09:31 PM
I must have the crippled Honda foot pegs. Bryan my stock peg pin is swimming in the Roll peg because the hole is larger. I got an email back from Roll today, but they said Doug will be out until next Wednesday. I will keep an eye out for that pin diameter and hopefully that will help me figure out if it is my Honda mount or the Roll Peg.

Thanks for all of your help.

-JP

nuttynewt
03-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Sorry for the delay, I finally got around to measuring the pin diameter, it is .392". Hope this helps...

oldsandman
03-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Mine measure .393 so your pins look good. What does the hole in the peg measure?

250RXCrider
03-04-2003, 11:53 PM
I don't have a set of calipers but my pin measured right at a 1/4" Is that right? And the hole in the peg seemd to be 3/8" I am going to take some pics.

250RXCrider
03-05-2003, 12:31 AM
If the Roll Peg fit into the Honda mount, this picture is an example of the gap between the peg and the mount.

250RXCrider
03-05-2003, 12:35 AM
here is a picture that shows how the hole is larger than the pin diameter

oldsandman
03-05-2003, 12:42 AM
My pins are .392'' which roughly converts to 25/64'', a little bigger than 3/8''. The honda pins should be fairly tight in the hole with the spring pressure on them you need a punch and hammer to tap them out.

nuttynewt
03-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Your pins are way too small... and I'm not positive that those are the right mounts. Does the pin fit tight into the mount? If so, maybe someone has put different mounts on there or modified them. The gap between the peg and the mount seems to be way too big.

250RXCrider
03-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Bryan....the pins fit perfect in the stock mounts. I believe that my quad may not have the orignal foot pegs or at least the mounts. I have ordered a set of new stock mounts and I will see if that fixes my problem. I will also try to post a picture of the stock mount and y if you can let me know if it looks like yours that would be great.

Thanks,
-JP

Merriman
03-06-2003, 06:01 PM
20 bucks worth of metal and a weekend's worth of time my brother and I built a set that has plenty of grip, the huge kick ups, and I just spray painted them black......they're pegs.....under my feet, I don't really care about looks, just function.