View Full Version : white bros edition 400ex

pighater400ex
11-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd like to know a little history on em thanks

CJM
11-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by pighater400ex
I'd like to know a little history on em thanks

No such thing ever made. White brothers did make a pipe for the 400ex but the company no longer exists.

dxcody
11-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by CJM
No such thing ever made. White brothers did make a pipe for the 400ex but the company no longer exists.

I didnt know they quit makin white bros. Thats funny, but yea a white bro's edition 400ex is unexistent to my knowlege, which isnt very good, but if you mean a white bro's slip on, i would not reccomend it.

No offence to them or anything, but mine sounds like an aluminum can with someone popping a rubber band across it.

CJM
11-23-2011, 08:58 PM
They were bought out by vance and hanes and no longer make quad exhausts iirc.

duneslider
11-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Dxcody,
Have you repacked your silencer? I think my e-series sounds great and is pretty quiet.

dxcody
11-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by duneslider
Dxcody,
Have you repacked your silencer? I think my e-series sounds great and is pretty quiet.

Thats probably what mine needs.. mine sounds hallow, heck mine might be hallow for all i know.

pighater400ex
12-02-2011, 08:13 AM
I have a couple friends that have a 400ex it came from the factory brand new with a full white brothers exhaust and a white brothers graphics kit and seat cover. One is red and one is yellow

duneslider
12-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Probably just a dealer add on. Either to help move slow sellers or make extra coin. I don't know that WB ever made a full exhaust though, probably just the stock header.

DragonGunner
12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by CJM
They were bought out by vance and hanes and no longer make quad exhausts iirc.

Wow...I did not know that. I still have a old catalog. I still have some WB stuff, Exhaust, CDI, Seat cover....They also made Cams an sold aftermarket stuff. In Dirt Wheels shootout on exhausts the WB performed an put out more HP than all others. They made good stuff, all my stuff is around 10yrs old an still going good, just the exhaust needs a packing every now an then.

DragonGunner
12-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Probably just a dealer add on. Either to help move slow sellers or make extra coin. I don't know that WB ever made a full exhaust though, probably just the stock header.

They made a full exhaust system, buddy ran one on his an it performed really good.

duneslider
12-02-2011, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't mind finding a WB head pipe, just be cool to have.

Any chance you have a really good white brothers e-series logo you could scan or take a picture of? The one on my pipe was mangled and I kind of want to see if I can make a new one.

DragonGunner
12-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't mind finding a WB head pipe, just be cool to have.

Any chance you have a really good white brothers e-series logo you could scan or take a picture of? The one on my pipe was mangled and I kind of want to see if I can make a new one.

The WB header has to match up with a WB exhaust that comes with it...it won't fit any slip on series.

duneslider
12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the logo, that should be helpful.

I guess I won't bother looking for the head pipe. Figured it would work with any of their slip-ons.

bigballz400
12-03-2011, 01:25 PM
if u look at the charts from hotcams they tested with the wbr4, white bros r4 which seems to produce the most torgue and power, ive got two of them, on i had on stock 400ex rings went out and oil soaked the packin, i never repacked it to this day, i rebuilt the motor with 440 and got it real hot and she screams and makes lots of power, the other one make a lil bit more torque, but ive tried several different slip on from fmf hmf wb e series and these r4's and pwr bomb header, i find stock header seems to be the best for my conditions

duneslider
12-03-2011, 02:28 PM
What's the r4 look like? Is it the grey silencer? Those do look nice if it is. WB made nice stuff, its too bad vance dropped all the atv stuff.

Ruby Soho
12-12-2011, 07:21 PM
i had a whitebros mx4 on my old 400. very nice pipe, good quality. id say a much better pipe than the e series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byT1ixxMSLw&list=UUE5KgBuHToIbPaafS6dU67g&feature=plcp