PDA

View Full Version : blaster frame..what motor?

IRISH-RACER-14
11-23-2011, 05:43 PM
i have a blaster frame..i was thinking of putting a yz125 motor into it?

would it be fast?faster than modded blasters/raptors?

deathman53
11-24-2011, 04:59 AM
yes, it would. Here is the big problem......the blaster chassis. It handles horrible, bad brakes(until ~02-03), too short, it will need good a-arms(also widened) and better suspension package, relocated shock towers in the front also. Thats alot to go after. If you put a hot motor in there, it would be very hard to keep it making power to the ground and be controllable at the same time. The dirtbike motor is non-counterbalanced, so it will vibrate, more or little depending on how it done. ALot of hurdles to go through if you ask me.

headache
11-24-2011, 05:52 PM
the yz motor makes about 30 or so rwhp. However the lack of torque that it puts out down low would suck on a quad unless you are ripping around a mx track wide open. you have to keep a 125 pinned to stay "on the pipe". a well built 240cc blaster will have plenty of power and torque. definetly need some good brakes and shocks on a modified blaster too. what are your plans for the quad?

sand_blaster
11-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Yz250f engine would be sweet.

HondaPohl
11-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Take it to the scrap yard and get a banshee! lol. I did have a blaster with a DT400 motor in it. Backyard mechanic style. But yea dont waste your money on a build like that unless you already have all the parts and you are bored as hell. IMO