PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Deals out there any more?

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 03:05 PM
go figure everything im in the market to buy something i can never find any deals.. i just sold my Trx 250ex Thank God.. But now im quad less.. im looking for a nice 450 i want to spend $2200 cash i would like to get a YFZ or a TRX . i found a YFZ 450 the guy don't know the year either a 05 or 06.. i hope it's the 06 that don't have the oil prob.. but it looks clean. i got him down to $2500 witch is not bad but i like to still have cash in my pocket to buy and resell things.. so i put an offer in for $2,100 cash and a 92 Kawasaki Kx 80 so lets hope he takes it :)

chucked
11-23-2011, 03:19 PM
It's the craigslist phenomenon, everyone lies about how much they sold something for / paid for something, so in return, people think they can get top dollar for their junk / get something decent for free.

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 03:20 PM
i don't want a kx80 .. i have one that i would trade the guy for the YFZ 450 Plus give him $2,100 Cash.. he wanted $2500 but the kx 80 is worth more then $400

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by chucked
It's the craigslist phenomenon, everyone lies about how much they sold something for / paid for something, so in return, people think they can get top dollar for their junk / get something decent for free.

im agree hell im not gonna lie i just bought a 2008 Honda Trx 250ex off craigslist for only $1,300 and i just sold it today no even 3 days later for $1,700..

chucked
11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Now hes gonna repost it for $2500

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 03:41 PM
na i would keep the YFZ 450 thats what i want

CJM
11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
it works like this:

-You take the amount they want in cash with you. You put the amount you want to pay in one pocket. You look over it and point out every single thing you think is wrong or needs attention. You then offer what you think its worth (whats in pocket 1)

-They take that hey your doing great! No, you offer 50 or 100 more (out of pocket 2). you explain your not stupid and its gonna cost a ton to have it fixed at a shop. So they take more and your happy.

They dont take more you haggle them more and more till you get a fair price. Make them understand your there now with cash in hand, ready to go-someone else might come later and not give them the same your offering.

Ive bought many things like this, they dont want to haggle and you really want it go for it, you can haggle hey good for ya! Some people get annoyed by it, but its the way life works when your buying something used. I watched my 400ex for sale for weeks on craigslist. It had cut frontfenders, bent steering stem and a few other issues-so it didnt sell right away. Kid wanted 2200, I walked away with it for 1700 easy.

HondaRacing83
11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by chucked
Now hes gonna repost it for $2500 whats wrong with buying and selling things on craigslist? ive made a lot of money doing that and still do. enough to buy a 99 cr 125 and rebuild and still keep up with 400ex maintence. its called being smart, some people might say its mean. im a conman, whatever. idgaf im making money at it there not haha

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by CJM
it works like this:

-You take the amount they want in cash with you. You put the amount you want to pay in one pocket. You look over it and point out every single thing you think is wrong or needs attention. You then offer what you think its worth (whats in pocket 1)

-They take that hey your doing great! No, you offer 50 or 100 more (out of pocket 2). you explain your not stupid and its gonna cost a ton to have it fixed at a shop. So they take more and your happy.

They dont take more you haggle them more and more till you get a fair price. Make them understand your there now with cash in hand, ready to go-someone else might come later and not give them the same your offering.

Ive bought many things like this, they dont want to haggle and you really want it go for it, you can haggle hey good for ya! Some people get annoyed by it, but its the way life works when your buying something used. I watched my 400ex for sale for weeks on craigslist. It had cut frontfenders, bent steering stem and a few other issues-so it didnt sell right away. Kid wanted 2200, I walked away with it for 1700 easy.

i normally do that but it's a 2 hour drive to go see it.. and i really don't wanna waste my trip. if it was local i would 100% go look at it and prob buy it

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
CJM- I've seen your plan style backfire countless times. It annoys the hell out of me when people try and bull **** me like that, I tell them to leave. I know what I'm selling and I know what my stuff is worth. I know plenty of people that will just send you on your way and you won't get what you wanted. Be careful when using that approach because you can end up screwing yourself.

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
whats wrong with buying and selling things on craigslist? ive made a lot of money doing that and still do. enough to buy a 99 cr 125 and rebuild and still keep up with 400ex maintence. its called being smart, some people might say its mean. im a conman, whatever. idgaf im making money at it there not haha

i agree.. people arn't smart enough on craigslist. they post stuff up for sale and don't even clean it up and it looks like garbage.. and they wonder why it don't sell.. i buy it cheap because they are desperate for money.. take it home clean it all up make it look like new.. and i repost it.. thats how i make my money.. Pawn Shops do the same thing.. if anything i help people.. lol i bought a 2006 Raptor 350 for $1000 and the guy thanked me for buying it.. it needed new front tires and a few things i put like $250 in it.. Painted it and cleaned it all up..week later i sold it for $1800

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
CJM- I've seen your plan style backfire countless times. It annoys the hell out of me when people try and bull **** me like that, I tell them to leave. I know what I'm selling and I know what my stuff is worth. I know plenty of people that will just send you on your way and you won't get what you wanted. Be careful when using that approach because you can end up screwing yourself.

i agree thats why i don't wanna drive 2 hours .. when i sell stuff people try that all the time i know what sh*t cost and what it needs.. i was trying to sell my dirt bike to some lady and she was like well it needs a new rear tire and thats $200.. im like you can go right down to the honda dealer and buy one for $35..

HondaRacing83
11-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by madsmokey12
i agree.. people arn't smart enough on craigslist. they post stuff up for sale and don't even clean it up and it looks like garbage.. and they wonder why it don't sell.. i buy it cheap because they are desperate for money.. take it home clean it all up make it look like new.. and i repost it.. thats how i make my money.. Pawn Shops do the same thing.. if anything i help people.. lol i bought a 2006 Raptor 350 for $1000 and the guy thanked me for buying it.. it needed new front tires and a few things i put like $250 in it.. Painted it and cleaned it all up..week later i sold it for $1800 i hate pawn shops. i get phones mainly from these 2 kids, they go and sell them at the local pawn shop. an i phone 4, pawn shop gave em $100. im like i woulda gave you $200 for that.(still leaves plenty of room for profit) they went and got it back and sold it to me.. hahaha. i bought and htc evo 4 this morning for 40 bucks. its an android phone. i can sell it for 150+. plus when i write up ads, i sound profesional. i use proper capitilation, spelling, punctuation. and all that. i just dont care on here lol. the point is to make it sound like your NOT a 14 yr old kid. people get here, i sell it real well. i keep a price in mind that i wont go under. sometime ill just tell people to leave. then theyll be like alright alright ill buy it for (whatever) amount. when i buy something, i point everything out first and act real sketchy about it. i provide them with some "facts" about it. whether its true or not. or ill just say i can go get another one the same thing for much less i just figured id check this one out first because i like the color

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 05:55 PM
i hate pawn shops. i get phones mainly from these 2 kids, they go and sell them at the local pawn shop. an i phone 4, pawn shop gave em $100. im like i woulda gave you $200 for that.(still leaves plenty of room for profit) they went and got it back and sold it to me.. hahaha. i bought and htc evo 4 this morning for 40 bucks. its an android phone. i can sell it for 150+. plus when i write up ads, i sound profesional. i use proper capitilation, spelling, punctuation. and all that. i just dont care on here lol. the point is to make it sound like your NOT a 14 yr old kid. people get here, i sell it real well. i keep a price in mind that i wont go under. sometime ill just tell people to leave. then theyll be like alright alright ill buy it for (whatever) amount. when i buy something, i point everything out first and act real sketchy about it. i provide them with some "facts" about it. whether its true or not. or ill just say i can go get another one the same thing for much less i just figured id check this one out first because i like the color

thats sounds like a good business .. i don't like to mess with phones i don't know the market that well on them.. im sure the iphones and droids sell like hot cakes.. the only thing that sucks about buying and selling stuff is you deal with alot of kids.. and they want to trade you everything and their mother for what your selling... i mean if i can make money off their trade i do it.. but half the time the parents step in and shut the deal down.. i mean right now it's christmas and everything is high. you can sometimes find the ones that need cash asap and will just give it away.. don't get me wrong i love fixing stuff up and making a profit but sometimes it get's aggravating dealing with the kids and trying to sell them something.. I Love kids but sometimes i can't stand the whinny ones that call you off craigslist ad's

CJM
11-23-2011, 06:22 PM

It depends on the person tbh YFZ. If I go there and notice theres a ton of stuff wrong Im sure as hell gonna point it out and ask for money off no matter what. If you describe the item as mint and I come and the paints flaking off and the tires are bald then Im sorry but Im not paying your asking price.

Yes it can backfire, but the bottom line is many people want to get out of things and are willing to negotiate b/c of that. Then of course there are those like you or me who are honest and dont deal with the crap. In EVERY ad I make (I sell alot of stuff on ebay) Im brutally honest and make note that I described the item to a T and the price is the price. Dont like it, dont waste my time.

my method works best for the kids (more likely mommy and daddy) who bought the item, have very little knowledge about it and want whatever the latest and greatest is.

HondaRacing83
11-23-2011, 06:30 PM
thats sounds like a good business .. i don't like to mess with phones i don't know the market that well on them.. im sure the iphones and droids sell like hot cakes.. the only thing that sucks about buying and selling stuff is you deal with alot of kids.. and they want to trade you everything and their mother for what your selling... i mean if i can make money off their trade i do it.. but half the time the parents step in and shut the deal down.. i mean right now it's christmas and everything is high. you can sometimes find the ones that need cash asap and will just give it away.. don't get me wrong i love fixing stuff up and making a profit but sometimes it get's aggravating dealing with the kids and trying to sell them something.. I Love kids but sometimes i can't stand the whinny ones that call you off craigslist ad's i hate that. i started doin that like spring, ya know to start off. then i started getting shut off. so i just worked for awhile. got money, found some good deals, snatched em up and ive been dealing ever since. i can prob make some money off this cr125. my goal is to have a nice newer 250f. my mom isnt happy about me doing this. but my dads all for it. he does it with tractors, the reason for tractors is no titles and all that bs and he makes a 1k+ profit on each one.

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by CJM
It depends on the person tbh YFZ. If I go there and notice theres a ton of stuff wrong Im sure as hell gonna point it out and ask for money off no matter what. If you describe the item as mint and I come and the paints flaking off and the tires are bald then Im sorry but Im not paying your asking price.

Yes it can backfire, but the bottom line is many people want to get out of things and are willing to negotiate b/c of that. Then of course there are those like you or me who are honest and dont deal with the crap. In EVERY ad I make (I sell alot of stuff on ebay) Im brutally honest and make note that I described the item to a T and the price is the price. Dont like it, dont waste my time.

my method works best for the kids (more likely mommy and daddy) who bought the item, have very little knowledge about it and want whatever the latest and greatest is.

i try to be fair.. if something is wrong that they didn't tell me or list it.. im gonna tell them about it.. i check everything i can on the bike before i buy something.. like this dirt bike i bought guy met me very close to my house he said it was ready to ride just needed a chain and im like ok you got a deal .. so i see the bike and it had so much more wrong with it.. Both Brakes didn't work , back tire was shot , Bearings were shot.. spokes were lose and more.. but it did run started up like a champ.. we agreed on $350 but there was no way i was gonna pay that.. my brother said $200 but i felt bad and gave him $240.. ill still make money for doing nothing

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 06:35 PM
i hate that. i started doin that like spring, ya know to start off. then i started getting shut off. so i just worked for awhile. got money, found some good deals, snatched em up and ive been dealing ever since. i can prob make some money off this cr125. my goal is to have a nice newer 250f. my mom isnt happy about me doing this. but my dads all for it. he does it with tractors, the reason for tractors is no titles and all that bs and he makes a 1k+ profit on each one.

tractors can make good money.. i was thinking about getting into buying Cheap Dozers and Loaders since im starting to save up alot and just flip them but im doing good on the quads

CJM
11-23-2011, 07:14 PM
i try to be fair.. if something is wrong that they didn't tell me or list it.. im gonna tell them about it.. i check everything i can on the bike before i buy something.. like this dirt bike i bought guy met me very close to my house he said it was ready to ride just needed a chain and im like ok you got a deal .. so i see the bike and it had so much more wrong with it.. Both Brakes didn't work , back tire was shot , Bearings were shot.. spokes were lose and more.. but it did run started up like a champ.. we agreed on $350 but there was no way i was gonna pay that.. my brother said $200 but i felt bad and gave him $240.. ill still make money for doing nothing

Thats exactly my point. Im brutally honest b/c I dont want to see the person again or hear from them complaining it was not what I described.

Friend of mine bought a trailer and it literally fell apart (frame broke) on his first use. Granted he doesnt have a clue wtf to look for, but the guy who sold it to him told him to go F himself when he tried to at least get some money back b/c the entire frame was rotted and the guy just slapped some paint on it to make it look good.

Things like that make me lowball stuff b/c I know what somethings worth and how people try and cheat!

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Thats exactly my point. Im brutally honest b/c I dont want to see the person again or hear from them complaining it was not what I described.

Friend of mine bought a trailer and it literally fell apart (frame broke) on his first use. Granted he doesnt have a clue wtf to look for, but the guy who sold it to him told him to go F himself when he tried to at least get some money back b/c the entire frame was rotted and the guy just slapped some paint on it to make it look good.

Things like that make me lowball stuff b/c I know what somethings worth and how people try and cheat!

o i agree i tell people everything thats wrong with the bike before they come .. even stupid stuff like the kill switch don't work or there is a bend in the fender.. i just try to be honest.. i think i got it sold tomorrow ill make like $100 on it.. for doing nothing.. if i part it out ill make way more but that just ties up my investment and takes longer to sell parts for an older bike

ngates788
11-23-2011, 09:31 PM
http://sandusky.craigslist.org/mcd/2693015488.html

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ngates788
http://sandusky.craigslist.org/mcd/2693015488.html

thats a pretty good deal.. to bad it's in ohio.. i got 2 quads im looking at an 06 YFZ 450 looks mint in pics the guy said he will take $3500.. i would like to get it for $3200 or $3300 .. and the other bike im looking at is a 04 Trx 450r but it looks a little beat. guy has it posted for 2500 Must Sell Asap.. if i can get it for under 2000 i might pick it up.. but im gonna try for the YFZ looks like it's been took care of..

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
11-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I guess other people's ads attract hagglers. I always put firm on price so don't waste my time. I absolutely hate it when people try to haggle me. Usually when I sell stuff it's at or below what I see similar stuff sell for so I won't budge. If you don't want it go away, if you do pony up the dough and quit trying to be a cheap ***.

madsmokey12
11-23-2011, 11:14 PM
well this guys at OBO so im gonna try and get it as cheap as i can.. lol your not gonna go to a new car lot and pay sticker price when haggle with the saleman u can save a few thousand dollars.. more money i save the more add on's i can do:) i really want the YFZ. if he was closer and i knew the correct year on the bike i would just go pick it up.. but the guy isn't sure if it's an 05 or a 06.. i know the 05 yfz's had alot of problems oil not getting to the engine , Electrical Problems and so on. and those issues cost money to correct! if it's an 05 im prob not gonna buy it unless he works with me on the price.. i just don't want any problems on my lap

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
11-24-2011, 01:44 AM
The only problem with '05 is the oiling which is a $200 fix if you can do the labor yourself.

chronicsmoke
11-24-2011, 06:05 AM
I guess other people's ads attract hagglers. I always put firm on price so don't waste my time. I absolutely hate it when people try to haggle me. Usually when I sell stuff it's at or below what I see similar stuff sell for so I won't budge. If you don't want it go away, if you do pony up the dough and quit trying to be a cheap ***.

I'm the same way.. It seems there is a price range too that people look for.. I could sell a POS for 1500, but could never sell my MX quad for more than $4500. People on Craigslist/Kijiji only want to spend 1500-2500 max lol. I always mark 'Firm' when I list at a nore than reasonable price.

Just sold my 2001 Dakota RWD with barely 200000 KM (124000 Miles), Safetied/E-tested for $1500. I wrote 'Firm' and still had 10 people try and offer me under 800$.
For every $100 less they offer, I tell them $100 more than my asking price :) Pisses some people off, but I'm just returning the favor, lol.
If they offered me $800, I'd write or call them back saying "Nope, but ill sell it to you for $2200 Right now.. Read the ad again"

KXRida
11-24-2011, 07:46 AM
A buddy of mine just sold a relatively built yfz for $2100. He just wanted rid of it to continue other builds. Had a fresh motor and valve train as well.

I've sold a few things on CL. As far as buying and turning for a profit I don't really care for it. Half the time you're stuck with whatever you're selling. I sold my lifted ranger to a guy (I literally wanted it gone) that really had nothing wrong with it for $600. He ended up turning it for $2200 two months later. Kudo's to him, but in my eyes it's less of a hassle. Having five vehicles and only really driving two of them gets old.

madsmokey12
11-24-2011, 10:29 AM
The only problem with '05 is the oiling which is a $200 fix if you can do the labor yourself.

Honestly the guy wants $2500 for an 05 witch is not bad if it had the oil mod..but by the time i do the oil mod and all the money spent driving to get the quad the guy lives a few hours away.. i can just go buy a newer one.. and don't have to spend the time fixing it.. i just need to calm down and think.. i want another 450 bad and im just jumping on the first one i see

guy310
11-25-2011, 04:18 PM
The oil mod is way overrated. I have had several '04-05's and have never had a problem with oil getting to the underside of the piston. Never had one of them fail either.

madsmokey12
11-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by guy310
The oil mod is way overrated. I have had several '04-05's and have never had a problem with oil getting to the underside of the piston. Never had one of them fail either.

i just like to be safe i bought an 06 YFZ SE Today with the oil mod. so i did good.. the only stupid thing about it it has mud tires?

01boneless
11-25-2011, 08:32 PM
lets see some pics^^ !!!!!!!!!!

madsmokey12
11-25-2011, 08:56 PM
nothing special.. but it will do.. i think the carb needs cleaned on it and a new spark plug

01boneless
11-25-2011, 09:07 PM
looks real nice dosent LOOK to be abused. hope she works for ya now.... start moding!:devil:

madsmokey12
11-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
looks real nice dosent LOOK to be abused. hope she works for ya now.... start moding!:devil:

thanks only got it for $2,200..let's hope theres no major problems.. the guy said it was sitting in his garage for a while. ( you can Tell). Put Fresh gas in it..we had it running . but it wasn't running right.. like it wasn't getting enough gas to the engine..if you rev it it was fine.. i thought maybe if run it i might clean out.. i drove it for about 5 mins when i got it home and it died on me.. so i got it tore down.. i believe the spark plug is bad..so im gonna get a new one in the morn.. if not it's gotta be the carb.. maybe the Float is Stuck or it's just Gummed up.. Damn Yamaha Makes in Nearly impossible to get to the dang carb..

beastlywarrior
11-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Keep the tires or at least the rears they hook good

madsmokey12
11-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Keep the tires or at least the rears they hook good

im gonna keep them for now.. i really liked the itp holeshots i had on my 08 yfz 450.. im praying i can get it running right tomorrow

guy310
11-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Loosen the clamps on both ends of the carb and spin the carb clockwise. Take the crankcase vent hose off and stuff a paper towel in the hole. Then take the bowl of the carb off and you will see that the float needle is frozen in its bore and won't allow any more gas to enter the carb. You will probably have to pull the needle out with a pair of needlenose pliers and then just rub the ribs of the float needle with scotchbrite and re-install and you will be good.

madsmokey12
11-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Loosen the clamps on both ends of the carb and spin the carb clockwise. Take the crankcase vent hose off and stuff a paper towel in the hole. Then take the bowl of the carb off and you will see that the float needle is frozen in its bore and won't allow any more gas to enter the carb. You will probably have to pull the needle out with a pair of needlenose pliers and then just rub the ribs of the float needle with scotchbrite and re-install and you will be good.

it came out pretty easy but it has some residue on it

madsmokey12
11-25-2011, 11:53 PM
well i got it running now i cleaned the carb and wire brushed the spark plug.. now it's making like a Squealing noise .. not sure what it could been.. i don't have the air filter box reinstalled right now.. but i doubt thats that problem.. i don't remember hearing the noise Earlier.. any one have an idea of what would cause that? i hope it's nothing major.. another thing i notice on this bike the Exhaust get's extremely hot fast.. the engine is still cool but the exhaust gets hot.. my old 2008 yfz 450 didn't get as hot as fast and that had a yoshipipe and this one is stock

DnB_racing
11-26-2011, 07:01 AM
I hope you didnt run it long without air filter and box.. if so you ran it WAY to lean that's what the glowing exhaust is from...

I think the squealing is from your piston partially seizing inside the cylinder from running lean...

I hope for your sake im wrong

madsmokey12
11-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I hope you didnt run it long without air filter and box.. if so you ran it WAY to lean that's what the glowing exhaust is from...

I think the squealing is from your piston partially seizing inside the cylinder from running lean...

I hope for your sake im wrong

i ran it with out the air fiter for prob 30 sec at the most.. i noticed it glowing red before it died on my lastnight.. i was riding it for 3-4 mins and i noticed it was glowing when it shut off.. i know it's normal for them to run hot.. but i thought it was pretty quick to get hot on a cold night.. the engine wasn't hot tho..

but i was thinking the same thing.. the guy said it has the oil mod on it.. but you could be right.. that would cause the exhaust to heat up fast.. im gonna do research on it before i tare it down.. im gonna put the airbox back on it and crank her up again might be something stupid like that?

madsmokey12
11-26-2011, 08:01 AM
i just googled it and it's from not having the airbox installed.. so thats some good news:)

guy310
11-26-2011, 12:33 PM
What you're hearing is prob actually a whistling sound and is common for the YFZ. And the pipe glowing is also common. I don't care how rich you make it you can't get rid of that. If you idle the bike for any period of time the pipe will glow because without higher rpm's you aren't getting rid of any of the heat that is generated. Exhaust heat not engine heat so the engine won't be hot but the exhaust gases are very hot and the head pipe is just very thin metal. Taking your airbox off and running the quad wouldn't make it run so lean as to blow it up, it would make it pop and spit some and not run as well but not seize. If it has a problem, it had it when you got it not from anything you just did.

DnB_racing
11-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Taking your airbox off and running the quad wouldn't make it run so lean as to blow it up, it would make it pop and spit some and not run as well but not seize. LOL!!!!

running a carb open without any filter or box will make it very very lean, and will seize the piston in very little running time.. madsmokey should be fine with only 30 seconds, but I wouldn't even do that,as it can cause severe heat issues with the top of the piston real quick

the ONLY cooling and lubrication on the top of the piston, is the fuel, if more air is added, then less fuel will be available to cool the piston... running a motor without any filter or box for much time without rejetting is a death sentence for the motor:macho

madsmokey12
11-26-2011, 12:53 PM
as soon as i put the air box on the noise went away and it run's perfect

guy310
11-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
LOL!!!!

running a carb open without any filter or box will make it very very lean, and will seize the piston in very little running time.. madsmokey should be fine with only 30 seconds, but I wouldn't even do that,as it can cause severe heat issues with the top of the piston real quick

the ONLY cooling and lubrication on the top of the piston, is the fuel, if more air is added, then less fuel will be available to cool the piston... running a motor without any filter or box for much time without rejetting is a death sentence for the motor:macho

Whatever Einstein. While not the best thing to do because of filtration you absolutely won't seize the piston. It never ceases to amaze me the 'tard stuff that people ask and say on this forum. The glowing exhaust will always be present on a yfz if you run it at idle even if you put 2 airboxes on it. haha.

"I think the squealing is from your piston partially seizing inside the cylinder from running lean..."

Do these young guys without much guidance a favor and stop posting on all mechanical questions from anyone from now on...

madsmokey12
11-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Whatever Einstein. While not the best thing to do because of filtration you absolutely won't seize the piston. It never ceases to amaze me the 'tard stuff that people ask and say on this forum. The glowing exhaust will always be present on a yfz if you run it at idle even if you put 2 airboxes on it. haha.

"I think the squealing is from your piston partially seizing inside the cylinder from running lean..."

Do these young guys without much guidance a favor and stop posting on all mechanical questions from anyone from now on...

LMAO! It's all good now i got it running perfect.. Yea i don't thinking running the bike with out a airbox will seize your piston.. after time it could do some damage.. the only reason i ran it with out an airbox to make sure it was running right before i reinstall everything.. and i knew about the pipe glowing on the YFZ's i had a 2008 before this one.. i just don't remember it getting that hot in such little time..

DnB_racing
11-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Do these young guys without much guidance a favor and stop posting on all mechanical questions from anyone from now on... YES!!without proper jetting RUNNING WITOUT A FILTER WILL ABSOLULTY SEIZE A PISTON and sometimes with very little running time especially in the cold!!

are you just trying to let someone run there motor lean???
it has nothing to do with filtration for a short time... what does make the difference is the air fuel ratio is completely changed, the jetting is done with all restrictions in place, and the a/f ratio will cause severe lean condition, and piston swelling and seizing

....Im not saying anything that the glowing isn't present on alot of quads...

and I was talking about running without filter, box, and intake tube (which I believe he did for a short time)

what do you think happens when you change the restriction of incoming air... OFF COURSE IT WILL RUN LEAN,

so like you already said guy310:YOU should probably stop posting about anything mechanical, before someone that doesnt know any better thinks its ok to run a open air system and cooks there motor...

and just so you learn something, the glowing is from unburned fuel igniting in the header, not from the exhaust "gasses being very hot":devil:

Sorry guy310 but just admit you made a mistake..

and as Einstein once said "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new".

LEAN CONDITIONS CAUSE PISTON SEIZIER

01boneless
11-27-2011, 10:56 AM
WOW how could taking the filter and intake tube off not make it run lean ? elighten me :devil: more air = lean condition without proper jeting for more fuel. duhh lean = not enough gas to help lube the piston in the clyinder thus seizing to the walls

DnB_racing
11-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 01boneless
WOW how could taking the filter and intake tube off not make it run lean ? elighten me :devil: more air = lean condition without proper jeting for more fuel. duhh lean = not enough gas to help lube the piston in the clyinder thus seizing to the walls LOL!!!

I know, why am I even arguing with guy310 about this LOL

I guess I just want to make sure someone that doesnt know any better doesn't do it... Thanks Boneless you made me realize its not worth arguing about:scary:

01boneless
11-27-2011, 11:14 AM
lol

450rtt
12-02-2014, 01:18 PM
it works like this:

I don't put up with people looking at my stuff like this. I do like chronic and some others have done, post a firm price because you know what it's worth, don't let some guy like CJM come over and tear into your asking price because he found a chip of paint on the a arm.....i don't give a buyer the time of day when they start ripping on my machines, then again i don't sell junk. I find it peculiar that you, a guy who sold a 400ex that was on the verge of blowing the crank, are the type of person who would nit pick a machine. I would encourage people to stay away from your machines. You sold a 400ex knowing the crank was about to go, and failed to inform the buyer. not exactly a quality transaction and completely against the method you've described, sounds like you took somebody. there are several threads on this forum and a differnent forum where you admit this. shady.

wilkin250r
12-02-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't put up with people looking at my stuff like this. I do like chronic and some others have done, post a firm price because you know what it's worth, don't let some guy like CJM come over and tear into your asking price because he found a chip of paint on the a arm.....i don't give a buyer the time of day when they start ripping on my machines, then again i don't sell junk. I find it peculiar that you, a guy who sold a 400ex that was on the verge of blowing the crank, are the type of person who would nit pick a machine. I would encourage people to stay away from your machines. You sold a 400ex knowing the crank was about to go, and failed to inform the buyer. not exactly a quality transaction and completely against the method you've described, sounds like you took somebody. there are several threads on this forum and a differnent forum where you admit this. shady.

Am I reading this correctly? Did you just revive a thread that's 3 years old, with the sole purpose of quoting CJM and calling him out?

And you claim these same people are trolling you?

450rtt
12-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Am I reading this correctly? Did you just revive a thread that's 3 years old, with the sole purpose of quoting CJM and calling him out?

And you claim these same people are trolling you?

I find it funny that you fault me for posting my opinion in a thread, yet you do not say anything about CJM posting a guys facebook page, full name, etc? Absolutely they are trolling Ryan when they post links to his fb and type his full name as if to be some sort of punishment? Did you ignore this, is it acceptable? If so i'd be happy to post marc's name, email, and phone number if that's what we are allowing now?

wilkin250r
12-03-2014, 09:16 AM
And just like that, I'm over it.

400man
12-03-2014, 12:06 PM
lol this is some funny stuff.

but anyways, to stay on topic. my brother recently bought him a 450r. when he went to look at it, he noticed how much worse it looked than the pic in the ad. and then he noticed that the front end was all bent up and would not even drive straight. the frame itself was bent bad. the guy tried to say nothing at all was wrong with it. he offerend 1700 and got it way under his asking price.

alanbmx
12-09-2014, 05:56 AM
banned again what a fool

OldGuyonaQuad
12-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Sadly his trolling CJM was the only recent activity on the boards :(