PDA

View Full Version : sticker installation trick?

lilpoppy
02-26-2003, 08:40 PM
I know there is some trick to getting stickers on straight and it has something to due with mixing soap and water and spraying it on the spot you want to put the sticker but I don't know if it works with any type of sticker or if that is even the right way to do it. Has anyone ever heard this trick and if so how exactily do you do it correctly?

RytM1
02-26-2003, 08:56 PM
You can just use water. Put some in a spray bottle, and spray the area you are going to put the graphics on. Put the graphics in place, and position them where you want them. When you are happy with them, use something to squeegee the water out from underneath the graphics. You can also go over them lightly with a hairdryer once you are done squeegee'ing them, to help them adhere. I can't say this will work will all stickers/decals too, but if you have a couple of extras, you can give it a try.

Woodsrider
02-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Hmmmm never tried it with a sticker but I use windex to "float" on window tint. Are you talking graphics, or a exriders sticker?

I would reccomend asking the maker of the graphics if that is the case.
And good luck.

lilpoppy
02-26-2003, 10:15 PM
not graphics just some stickers i bought. I'm trying to decide between these two.

"BLAHH"300!!
02-26-2003, 10:27 PM
i like the "flaming dragons."
but i'd get the blue ones instead of the red.
put em' on silver plastic.

with those, i'd just stick em' on there.
you'll get em' streight.
take the stuff off the back a little at a time.
put the dragon's nose on there, and start rollin' the back off as you go.

hondaforlife
02-28-2003, 07:42 PM
I've got the flaming skulls on mine, I eyed it up and stuck them on where I thought it would look the best. They are perfectly straight on both sides, and the the flames look rad against the yellow because you see the color through the sticker.

HoNdAdude48
02-28-2003, 09:30 PM
i like your avatar!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :D

250exen
02-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by lilpoppy
not graphics just some stickers i bought. I'm trying to decide between these two.

dude, where did you get thoes stickers??? i now of a tory lee design sticker that i really want but cant find it. Its a faming eyeball if anyone cares...

lilpoppy
02-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Ya i know which one you are talking about and I think they have it. Go to www.chaparral.com

lilpoppy
02-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48
i like your avatar!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :D

Pretty nice huh:eek2: