PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizer for my 89

esstrx250r
11-22-2011, 05:20 PM
What stabilizer do you guys recommend? I have an 89 stock frame with a LSR Stem. I ride mostly MX style. Please post pics of your stabilizer.

89trx250r
11-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Well i guess the first question is how much coin are you looking to drop. After that decision is made you have either stick style or puck style stabilizers. The stick is gonna be your cheaper option and provide a good feeling, much better then without one...The puck style is gonna give you options to adjust for how stiff you want it to be when the bars are straight,and also turned which is awesome.

Oh I forgot I run a stick style at the moment cause it came on my bike but im looking to upgrade to a precision over this winter. I know a few other members have them maybe they'd be willing to share how they feel about them.

esstrx250r
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
If its a huge difference I'm going to pay the extra money. I have never had one, so I want to hear people's opinion that have had both.

quadfmx
11-23-2011, 08:52 PM
its not even a comparison in my opinion,
Ive run GPR , WER, and Precision,
I didnt have the wer for long enough to give a good opinion on it either wy, when i had it I thought it was fine but quad was stolen after id had it only like a month so the WER i cant say alot about,

I was very happy with my GPR, it was one that you could adjust on the fly, it was up near your handle bars so you could make it stifer or softer while sitting on the quad, totally rebuildable, nothing bad to say about it,
the last few Ive had have been precision, All of mine except 1 have been the regular model but when i started running them that was the only one, I got a pro and a regular now, If you are dumping this kind of coin get the pro it is better has a built in res, and an expansion chamber for when it heats up so it works better longer in my opinion,

Also the guys there have been great to me, i needed a mount that they didnt make, he had me take some measurements and he tok mounts they had for other quads and fit one together for me, thats customer service