PDA

View Full Version : coolant hose

01boneless
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
hey i know cv makes the colored hose but i cant see spending 40 bucks on 2 small hoses lol can i go to auto zone and get colored rad hose and cut it to work i mean car fluid gets just as hot a quads. anyone know if they sell it colored at a auto store?

01boneless
11-22-2011, 09:06 PM
bump.. maybe im the only one that thinks 40 bucks for 2 7in hoses is crazy haha

89trx250r
11-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Yea i know the feeling it cost me 108$ for the 3 hoses for my 250r haha they work damn good tho and look awesome :)

Pacheco_450r
11-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Some of these are around $30

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=trx450r+radiator+hose&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Ruf Racing
11-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by 01boneless
maybe im the only one that thinks 40 bucks for 2 7in hoses is crazy haha

No, you're not crazy! :eek: Wasteful money, just for some pretty!
If you want to look good, you have to pay the man! :D

01boneless
11-23-2011, 08:45 AM
^^^haha guess ill have to bite the bullet and buy em

D Bergstrom
11-23-2011, 09:06 AM
These are not just for looking pretty, they do have other benefits. Below is what CV4 has to say about them:

"These hoses are constructed from pure silicone with a polyester reinforcement and can withstand temperatures up to 420° Fahrenheit. Unlike the factory hoses, our silicone hoses resist ozone and UV deterioration and are more puncture resistant. With a smoother I.D. coolant flow is also increased."

Now, are they that much better then an oem hose? For the average rider, probably not, but for people looking to get every last bit of performance/dependability out of there motor, they might be worth it.

Doug

Ruf Racing
11-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
Below is what CV4 has to say about them:

"These hoses are constructed from pure silicone with a polyester reinforcement and can withstand temperatures up to 420° Fahrenheit. Unlike the factory hoses, our silicone hoses resist ozone and UV deterioration and are more puncture resistant. With a smoother I.D. coolant flow is also increased."

^^ That's called marketing! ^^ Some will believe this as gospel. Only claim I see as, maybe being helpful, would be the increased flow rate. I still question, if that is measurable. Doug, you as a desert racer, have you used them?

01boneless
11-23-2011, 10:20 AM
^^im with ruf there just stock hoses thats a diffrent color imo

D Bergstrom
11-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Ruf,

I have a set for my 250R, but the quad is in pieces all over my garage, so I haven't installed them yet. I really don't think I will see any noticeable benefit, I just bought them because one of the oem hoses for the 250R is discontinued and I wanted new hoses for my build, so had to pay the price.

They are for sure not oem hoses just a different color, they have a totally different feel to them. I believe part of CV4's claim, resist higher temps, deterioration, and are more puncture resistant. The increased coolant flow probably wouldn't be a noticeable amount, the hoses are not that long. Again, is it worth it to the average rider, probably not.

Doug

89trx250r
11-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Lol if you think there stock hoses just different color then please continue to think that...If you have ever held a cv4 in your hand compared to a stock hose its 100% opposite. Im not gonan sit here tho and explain to you why its not a stock hose, you either buy them or you dont you get what you pay for in life...

01boneless
11-23-2011, 11:29 AM
lol there silicone big deal haha a hose is a dang hose i just anna dress the engine up a bit haha