PDA

View Full Version : college questions.....

BoMbEr416
02-26-2003, 08:28 PM
well i think i decided on a college to go to. i am gonna go to MMI and be a motorcycle technician. there are 2 schools, one in orlando florida and one in pheonix arizona. my question is if i decide to bring my wheeler(when i get a new one) what city would be better for riding? orlando or pheonix? i know riding shouldnt be the deciding factor when goin to college, but it is in my case becuase i cant give it up!!!!

FourFiftyFour
02-26-2003, 08:36 PM
check around those area for local tracks or associations..... just get on google.com or somethin and search around... both places might be good.... specially since u wont have to deal with bad winters as much

02-26-2003, 08:40 PM
my freind went to mmi , he said everyone was alwasy getting road bikes, quads and dirtbikes stolen all the time, he didnt bring his and hated it down there, i think he liked the school but id have to say arizona is better fro ridin

BoMbEr416
02-26-2003, 08:43 PM
where did he go? orlando. why did he hate it?????

02-26-2003, 08:51 PM
he didnt like the city , he had to worry about stuff getting stolen, somone smashed window out of his car stole his cd player, all his buds bikes got snatched, people there were a holes he said

JustRace
02-26-2003, 08:52 PM
I thought that was just a 6 month program or something like that? I know a kid that went to the one in florida had a blast but said the school sucked. But he can rebuild a dirtbike with his eyes closed.

BoMbEr416
02-26-2003, 08:58 PM
damn, maybe i dont wanna bring my bike there. i dont know the place sounds really cool, i am excited. i am gonna sit down with a rep soon and discuss everything. orlando sounds fun, i might wanan check that out. i dont know. its like a year program or over a year or something. supposed to give me a promising future, i dont know, do u guys kno wmore about it? anybody else attend it?

TRX300X
02-26-2003, 09:23 PM
If I remember right it's a 9 month program. A rep came in and talked to my auto class this fall. The only downside is it costs somewhere around $19,000 for the year. On a brighter side I work at a marine dealership and a guy that works with me in service went to MMI for the marine end of it and he has nothing but good things to say about it. He went into the program knowing absolutely nothing and I can say he knows his stuff now.

lil400exman
02-27-2003, 05:18 PM
well a few minutes above deltona theres a huge riding area of dues and trails its like 32 miles wide and 5 miles long full of trails so riding in flordia doesnt sound too bad to me ride all year around down there:devil

flyin#5
02-27-2003, 08:09 PM
bomber ya leaving the cold harsh winters of mn? lol

my cuzins live in orlando ill have him ask around for some good riding spots. also alot of my family lives in pheonix and my sis's are going there in couple weeks so ill tell them to look out for some good riding spots too!

DEAL
02-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Arizona , hands down.
Awesome places to ride.