PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

joe0718
11-22-2011, 10:01 AM
What are you guys running for front a-arms and rear swing arm?

jay-r
11-22-2011, 03:03 PM
We are running JB a arms and swing arm. Elka skocks on both ends. 400ex spindles and brakes. But, the a-arms and swingarm are very heavy and the brakes have quite a bit of drag for a 50. The JB stuff is very strong and the suspension is quite plush with great travel. I think the weight hurts us on starts and it does nose on jumps some. The other Cobra dads do comment on how plush ours looks on the track. I wish it was lighter though. My daughter has managed to get it out front some, especially on a rough track.

I would prefer chromoly arms to save weight.

gistmarrs
11-22-2011, 03:25 PM
We are running stock A-arms and a JB swingarm. We were running stock until two months ago.

The shocks are PEP's on one and RaceTech's on the other. Both are great. The PEP's are softer and the RaceTechs are much stronger. I ride the bike with the RaceTechs and it handles my weight on jumps just fine.

joe0718
11-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Ours is a Cobra with an RM85. I have seen one local guy run JB front and back and another guy ran stock front a-arms and a Heath Racing swing arm. Both ran Motowoz shocks. I'm trying to figure out what to do over the winter.

Cobra50Dad
12-12-2011, 07:59 PM
We run stock a arms and a JB swing arm with motowoz shocks all the way around. My son loves the setup with stock a arms because of the weight, but he only weighs 50 lbs himself. The weight of JB a arms may not matter for a heavier rider but I do recommend highly the motowoz shocks.

don bassani
12-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Stock a-arms and swinger with motowoz.

quadrider79
12-13-2011, 07:48 PM
For a 50 I like Stock A-arms and swing arm. The front brakes could be better. They stop really well but there is no bleeder. For anything bigger than a 50 I like JB , Honda front end with MotoWoz shocks.
Since converting over from DRR. The only regret I have is not doing it sooner.

Ryko racing
12-14-2011, 03:10 PM
we always ran Arens stock cobra arms plus 2 on our 90 cobras but on the single speed stock a qarms with motowoz shocks worked very well.

jon arens will make them in plus 2 and you can use stock brakes and hubs.

i know Horton ran that setup and dominated as well as Szymborski. it is not as plush as the j b but it is quite a bit lighter.

actually jon heath may have a few sets of the plus 2 aarms. call heath racing.

leager-n-ky
12-18-2011, 06:41 PM
We have JB front and rear, with Motowoz all around. Love the way this thing handles, w/ my 11 yr old 115 lb's.