PDA

View Full Version : ampMX Winter Jam Dec 3-4

AMP MX
11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey guys, I wanted to make sure you all knew about our next event in a couple of weeks. I have included the two Mini ATV classes again and hope another good group of you guys can make it. Practice Saturday and racing is Sunday.

All info can be found here, http://ampmx.com/event_2011-1204-wjam/index.html (http://).

If you pre-enter online before the event you save $5 also. Here is the pre-entry link.
http://ampmx.com/event_2011-1204-wjam/ampmx_2011_wjam_prereg001.html (http://)

http://ampmx.com/event_2011-1204-wjam/ampMX_2011_winterjam_poster_lowrez001.jpg

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email at my email that is below.

MATT SHUE
ampMX
mshue@ampmx.com

kodymx13
11-27-2011, 05:56 PM
your having mini's, but no big quads?

AMP MX
11-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Yes Kody, I am sorry. You have been one of the only ones who has always tried to make our races and encourage your peers to do so as well, but they just don't come through very often. When we only get a handful of the big quads, it just doesn't make sense to do it. Even with that small of an amount of the big quads, the track has to be touched up afterward and it just isn't worth the extra work and cost for 3-5 of you guys.

Running you guys on Saturday after practice is over, is an option and worked well the last time we did it, but I am not able to be there Saturday for this race, so the rest of our team did not want to try doing anything too major without me on hand. I wish I had a good answer or a good idea on how to allow you guys to be part of our events, but the numbers just haven't ever been there really. I am sure this may not be something that makes sense to you and the other big quad racers, so I once again, apologize. If you have any ideas, please feel free to email me with them.

kodymx13
11-28-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm tired of making excuses for the big quads. We have no leverage in bargaining if a handful show up. I know some minis that are coming and I may even be there as a spectator.

AMP MX
11-28-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm sure you are buddy. I know there is enough of you to make it worth while, but it just seems not many can get on the same page. Sorry man. Trust me...if enough came to our races to make it worth it, we would include you.

edwardsp&b
11-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Matt, sorry we cant make it this weekend. We are just about finished building for next year and will beat the next one.
Bryan

Rich243
11-28-2011, 03:18 PM
I thought we were going to be there until I realized it was the same weekend as our trip to NY to see my dad. Plane tickets were purchased quite a while ago. We will also be at the next one. Hate to miss it.

dewutfan
11-28-2011, 04:17 PM
we wanted to be there too but we are broke waiting on parts sorry Matt but please understand we will be there every time we can just seems to bad for a bunch of us .. hate but this happens see you next time for sure...please dont give up on us we will make good showing for you ..

thequadfather+2
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Same for us. I am down to one quad split between two riders. Cant make it this time.

AMP MX
11-28-2011, 09:17 PM
I understand you all. It happens. If those of you that do plan on coming, if any, please let me know. If no one is coming, I need to delete the classes.

NED441SUZ
12-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I thought all the "national" style tracks on SEQuads schedule scared all the mini parents. AMP is definitely national style. Thanks for considering a track that really doesnt want quads(why would they) at all and not coming to basically any races in a quad only series this year.(with the exception of Brian, Ben's dad, who came when he could). You all wonder why tracks are like they are? Look in the mirror. If this offends you, I don't care.

edwardsp&b
12-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Billy, most of the mini parents didn't come because of travel distance and money. Every sequads race incl Bremen is 4 hrs from us or more and most of the minis in this area wont travel that far when durhamtown is an hour and a half away. I pleaded with that crowd to come to our races.

If your going to be mad, be mad at us. We went to the open practice one time and asked Matt if he could include us at the next race he had. He did and since it was a couple of weeks after lorrettas alot of national mini riders showed up. You wouldn't believe the crap that the dirtbike crowd was talking about us just being there. Matt's in this for business, and more numbers means more money. He's got to appeal to the dirtbikers, because thats who pays the bills.
Bryan

thequadfather+2
12-07-2011, 11:14 AM
wasnt going to say anything because I didnt want to get involved in bantering over this issue. It was pretty simple for us, we have ran SEquads several times but cant do it during the national season, barely able to pull that off. We went because we wanted to ride with Bryan and Eric. AMP treated us well and came on here and invited us back. The schedule was open, our season was over and it just worked out.

Most of the SEquad races are 5-6 hours from us. We have hit the Mill Creek race every time because it's the closest since you dont do Little's anymore.

I can look in the mirror all day long, we have to do whats best for us and it really boils down to what we can actually do.

Quad riders arent the most unified group anyway. We struggle to find races with good gates. I cant drive 6 hours to sit on the gate with 1 other quad.

Bruce Carson
Florence, AL

edwardsp&b
12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Bruce, I can remember a couple of times both of us showing up to Mill creek, and being the only minis there. Im in the same boat, Im not gonna drive 4 to 6 hours just to watch Ben do 15 laps by himself, or with one other. I can go to Aonia and ride and it would cost me 40 bucks round trip. And that includes subway afterwards!

Quad riders need to come together and show some numbers to these local tracks to get any ride time. For a few of us the locals are the only races we can go to and not run around like we are retarded. We can go there and enjoy the racing because we arent stressing about fixing the quads before staging like at Nationals.
Bryan

Rich243
12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
We started this year in a VERY bad financial position. We did very good to get Andrew to the races we did. We ran SE Quads the previous 2 seasons and really enjoyed it. We had every intention of running again this year but could not. We were barely able to finish the season at Durhamtown in a series that he won a quad and a dirtbike class. BY the time it was possible for us to look at possibly going to the SE quad races, there was no one running in Andrews class.....at all. Again, it comes down to what we can afford and most quads on the gate for the money spent.

I for one appreciate the opportunity to run at AMP and had a good time the last race we were there. The big quads were allowed to run several times and didn't have the numbers. At the end of the day, the track owners do have to make money and if we generate less money than it costs for the work involved in having us there, we won't be able to run. Yes it sucks, but no business owner I know is going to put forth time, money and effort to make less money than doing nothing.