PDA

View Full Version : What kind of exhaust for 440ex

djwilliams0822
11-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I have a stock exhaust on my 440, people ase saying the stock headers are good enough, what do you think? if not what full exhaust system should i get for 300 or less?

djwilliams0822
11-20-2011, 06:22 PM
or should i just get a slip on?

jkosakowski
11-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I would say go with a full exhaust if you can because you will get more power but a stock header wouldnt hurt anything. If you want good power gain go with a curtis sparks exhaust or a motoworks sr4 full exhaust hope that helps

backwoods 400ex
11-21-2011, 01:36 PM
x2 on the full exhaust Ct racing also makes a good one except the only sell the full system. Also if you stay with a stock header you can grind the welds on the inside and that will open it up a little more too

JOHNDOE83
11-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I got the best bang for your buck if you dont care about noise!

If you do care about it, you could repack it and see if you like it.

Stock headers are fine, buy the cheapest nicest looking slipon you can find with mid pipe.

Then take your new slipon and take it completly apart, cut the Can 1 and 1/2 inch's from the mounting bracket for the slipon.

Only put the cap back on the can and mount it to your EX without the internals and Jet up a lil bit and youll love it!

If its to loud cut the inner grill and packing to fit back in the can!

Then Bam!!! custom shorty exhaust like mine!

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/johndoe83_2010/newbiedoobiedoo010.jpg

ish416
11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
I would say get a good slip-on first then get a header later.

I have been running an FMF powerbomb header and White Bros E series slip-on for the last few years and it has been the best exhaust setup I have found.

I have heard good things about the Motoworks slip-on (http://www.motoworks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_60_26_45&products_id=28).

A good thing with the FMF powerbomb is that it should work with any slip-on exhaust.

Thumpin440ex
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Only prob is if he does the slip on he is tied into getting that power bomb header.. I would say go with a Sparks kit or the HMF kit..

John

2muchquad
11-22-2011, 08:11 PM
love my sparks x6 exhaust.But since im ol'skool i say go with any of the reverse megaphone designs like the sparks,ct supertrapp etc

DirtyBirdRacing
11-22-2011, 08:25 PM
TBR ( Two broths racing ) simply for the sound I love how they have deep sound, I have never personaly ridden anything with one yet ( my pipe just arived in the mail today ) But my friends that have them say they have a great power increase and they all just have the slip on's From motorcycles to ATV

B.C.#11TRX400EX
11-22-2011, 09:49 PM
When I was deciding on the best my choices wer a Curtis Sparks Full, Motoworks Full and HMF Full I heard the sparks was the best so I got it and man people weren't kiddin it has a good deep sound and an enormous power gain over stock it seems so i would get a Sparks or a Motoworks just my opinion

Chukkinsod
12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
try to find a dyno to test. It depends on what you want to gain. I found that the white bros pro meg complete made most for my set up....can find many around now but if you have a mild to extreem built motor you will get more bang for your buck. Not the slip on but the full system..midpipe is larger and you will pickup mid-topend. > everyone has their own preference but I would rather let the numbers decide for me

Wheelie
12-29-2011, 08:13 AM
I ran the stock header with a White Bros slip-on for a couple years w/my 440 before switching over to the Yoshi full system--both setups felt the same throughout the rpm range. At no point did one setup feel significantly better than the other.

The fit and finish, reliability and sound with the Yoshi system is much better than the WB setup.

The stock EX header is actually a very good piece.

Chukkinsod
12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
4 strokes are very hard to judge motor differences based off feel but I understand there are different noticable charicteristics with rev and power fall. Each carb/pipe setup will be different. I ran custom +2 valves and a custom Web Cam that I had made for my setup>But a pipe is not a pipe...a dyno is a great way to not only see where your curves lie but a great way to see where you can improve your timing, carb settings. For mine White Bros ran better than even the Sparks. I had it flow ported on the exhaust as well to prfectly match the WB pipe.