PDA

View Full Version : Walsh lowering kit

will69jr
11-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Ok I'm building 2 hondas for next year and I'm going with the ltr setup for the front already but can anybody tell me how much the Walsh lowering kit really helps and why? Is really worth that much money?

Kovatch
11-21-2011, 09:06 AM
What's your TRUE level of riding? The lower center of gravity (CG) helps to improve handling through corners because the bike will not want to roll as much (general rule of thumb). But unless you are either extremely wealthy or a top national Pro-am, I personally don't think it will be worth it.

You can get lowered subframes which help your position on the bike. The lowering kits dropped CG about an 1-2". I would say about 80% of the AMA ATV pros (on Hondas) had the full lowering kits.

Maybe others feel different, but I can think of $2200 in parts I'd rather have than the lowering kit (or ready in case you drop a motor).

honda250xrider
11-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I think with a little time and some background in fab. work you could easily make this kit yourself. I would not spend $1,700 on this.

I would take that $1,700 and spend it on expenses that may add up during the race season.

will69jr
11-21-2011, 10:29 AM
I run expert in tqra and will run A and pro-am on what nationals I can make, and I'm gonna have a spare motor already and have some lowered subframe already to use but could also sell them to fund some of the cost plus my tanks also, the price on there site is $1500 and that's retail so sure it's just a tad cheaper also