PDA

View Full Version : 400ex rear end

tman12345
11-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Ive gotta replace practically very part on my rear end, carrier bearing, axle, hubs, etc cause they are all shot. Right now Ive got a durablue axle and im not sure what kind it is. I think it might be the eliminator, i dont know what length or whatever. can anyone confirm what mine is? ill put a picture. anyway i was leaning towards getting another durablue, i definitely need a widened rear end cause i could never go back to stock after having it wide now. Anybody have any suggestions on good set ups for the rear end. The swingarm and rear shock are stock and they are fine dont need to be replaced but im contemplating maybe upgrading if i can find some good deals.

Heres the a**end
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/tman0987/P7020267.jpg

another
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/tman0987/P7020268.jpg

dxcody
11-20-2011, 03:42 PM
i have a dura blue also, and i love it.

alot of axles come with lifetime warrantys, so you may want to try to find one like that, and as for the carrier, go lonestar. My opinion.

Any interest in selling your sprocket hub off your axle?

Stickman400
11-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Yea, I'd say it's an older style Durablue Eliminator. It's easy to tell tho, because you can't get a widened Heavy Duty axle and the X-33s have adjustable hubs, not spacers between the hub like the Eliminator. And Durabue also makes carriers. I'm gunna get one of those just because I got a Durblue Eliminator also. Reviews are good for them, but it's your call in what you want. If you don't have an issue bending axles, get another Durablue, but I bent mine and sent it in to get straightened and it was still bent when I got it back. So I'd prolly get a RPM Dominator II if I was gunna buy another one. But again, your call.

tman12345
11-24-2011, 09:49 AM
questiom. when its says 2+2 does that mean each end of the axle is 2 inches over the stock length? so its 4 inches longer altogether?

CJM
11-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by tman12345
questiom. when its says 2+2 does that mean each end of the axle is 2 inches over the stock length? so its 4 inches longer altogether?

Yes. Anytime your talking about wider, it means that number added to both sides, so +1 means +2" overall, +2 = +4" overall and so forth.

Some axles are adjustable too, they use metal spacers you can move around to gain what you want width wise. My old g-force axle is like that, +2 5/8 or +4 iirc or something like that. I found that using an extended for woods riding was pointless, your too wide. MX is where you want it.

finsteratv
11-24-2011, 03:00 PM
maybe upgrade to a 450r swinger as an upgrade.

dxcody
11-24-2011, 06:11 PM
i got a durablue adjustable axle, i believe it is +2 and my fornt end is 47 1/4"

Just remember your front end needs to be wider, for the woods. The last thing you wanna do is start going down and hill and your rear end doesnt fit between two tree's but your front end does... then your in a pickle

finsteratv
11-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
i got a durablue adjustable axle, i believe it is +2 and my fornt end is 47 1/4"

Just remember your front end needs to be wider, for the woods. The last thing you wanna do is start going down and hill and your rear end doesnt fit between two tree's but your front end does... then your in a pickle plus your quad will handle berms like a dump truck..