PDA

View Full Version : my car accident this weekend-check out the cars body

slates74
02-26-2003, 07:39 PM
This is what happens to your car's body when your car drifts into the oncoming lane and gets hit head on buy an oil truck at 45mph. How do I know you ask, because i lived through it!
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/moto400ex/photopg.html

muff
02-26-2003, 07:41 PM
wow that sucks

speaking of accidents this kid in my school hit a parked car right in the side, the 2nd day he had his liscense, happened right infront of my it was pretty funny...his car was fine, his friends car that he hit creamed both the doors on one side and bent the frame

Ex'r Marlin
02-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Hey Slates... Are you ok? WOW... Looking at the picture does not look soo good.

I take it the car hit some ice??

Scarry thought of what could have easily happend.

Hope you are ok.

slates74
02-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Marlin thanks a lot man, its consideration like that that makes this site great. Im ok, possibly broken ribs, I was on the passenger side (which hit harder) unfortunatley I didnt have an air bag, we hit so hard the seat belt burned a whole through my coat

Ex'r Marlin
02-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Wow... I did not know you got seriously injured.

Glad to hear you had your seat belt on!!!!:macho

I noticed the passenger side dash board has a noticeable crack in it... Is that what caused your ribs to be possibly broken??

I assume you are still in pain??:confused:

Hopefully you will be ok... Keep us Exriders.comr's updated!

BTW... Anyone else get hurt? Was the accident due to the ice we have here in Jersey?

Best wishes to a speedy recovery!:) Sorry to hear, and see the pictures of the mishap.

toby400ex
02-26-2003, 08:31 PM
that looks like some scary ****, glad to hear someone actually lives through crashes like that. This morning on the news 2 cars hit head on, one crossed the median, they both died. And they were just driving to work:(

bigbadbrad
02-27-2003, 10:51 PM
good thing you are still alive

no offense to any one on here but you guys down country need to learn how to drive. I have only been driving legally, i empashise on legally for 6 months on my learners permit and i have probally drive on worse roads then some of you guys have ever. I live in maine where the roads suck alot, and suck even more in storms because of the ice on the road then the sometimes 6 inches of snow on the road. most parents dont let there kids drive in storms but my mom makes me so i get experience.

phatswinn
02-28-2003, 03:43 PM
brad, they get the name accident for a reason, because for every good driver there is theres one that has no idea how to drive, also ya dont slide in snow but at the corner of my street theres ice by the stopsign, well actually compacted snow thats slipperyer than anything else ive ever been on, if u try to stop at 10 mph you will still be goin 8 mph 20ft down the road on that stuff and gas tankers are also very very heavy, so if they hit a patch of ice they will slide right through an intersection, perhaps into a car turning.....everyone makes mistakes

im really glad to hear you made it out with minor injurys, but i know from experiece that broken ribs hurt like heck