PDA

View Full Version : Should i sell all my parts, or save up and finish the build?

dirtdawg
11-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Like it says, should I save or should I sell? I have my 250ex to ride every now and then, although its not nearly as ballsy, but I think this is a move I should consider.

I tore the thing down last fall and have not gotten anywhere with it. I bought a new set of cases for it, but have not bought anything else, so i'm not too far in the hole or anything.

The engine's out, but the rest of the quad is still together. Should I part it out? I hear that's how you get the most money. Or, should i just put a new piston on with the new cases and then try and sell it? I don't really want to do that, beacuse I won't get the money back for my shocks, and I'll have to buy the piston, rings, and take the time to fix it up, which I don't want to do.

Or, should I just hold on to it and keep saving up money? I think if I sell it off, I'll get a decent chunk of change and then try to save up for a little and then buy a 400ex in the spring or during the summer.

From what I've heard about the 400, they are easier to handle and obviously have more power. Ever since I've had the 300, it just seems bulky, heavy, and it throws you around a lot, even with my shocks and stuff.

So, at this point, I think it is best to sell the parts off on here and save up for a new machine. I've had this for 3 or 4 years now, so I think it's time to move on. I tonly took me 2-3 years to get sick of my 250, so the time seems right.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

wild bill 43
11-21-2011, 07:09 PM
I would be interested in the frame and steering stem shoot me a price shipped to 84067

Thanks
Wild Bill

dirtdawg
11-21-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't have the frame apart yet, so it'll be a little while before I get it to that point. Trying to finish off the semester in school before I start tearing it down to bare bones. Then I'll have a month and a half off, so I'll have plenty of time to tear that apart.

Maybe I'll find some time this weekend to start. I've never shipped something that big either, so I'll look into it. I'll make sure to let u know if I start taking it apart.

dirtdawg
11-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Made my decision and time to clear out the garage.

If you want parts let me know. Bike was in perfect running condition prior to teardown, so everything is functional.

I'm still busy with school right now, and will be until December 13th. Shipping stuff out may take a little while because of my schedule with school as I'm there Mon-Thurs every week.

But after the 13th I will be off for over a month. So I will have nothing to do but strip the quad down and repeatedly run to the post office or UPS. :D

I may find some time this weekend to take stuff apart. I can let u know how much stuff will be anytime though.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

miniquaddad90
11-22-2011, 09:58 AM
I would be interested in:

Swingarm skid plate
Razr2 front tires
Axle

Possibly the rear shock too

miniquaddad90
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by wild bill 43
miniquaddad90 he is selling the 250ex not the 300ex

ok then.... posted in the wrong section, it never clearly states which quad he is talking about.... by the way I read it, he has a 250ex to ride now and then, wasnt sure if he wanted to part quad out, or sell as a whole, knowing he would have a hard time recouping the money spend on shocks and whatnot. I didnt see where he mentioned he had aftermarket shocks on the 250ex so i assumed he is parting his 300....

WHICH ONE IS IT dirtdawg?

dirtdawg
11-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Haha sorry for the confusion guys. The 300ex is being parted.

The 250 isn't going anywhere. My dad bought that one so I can't touch it. Plus that's our utility quad for yardwork and plowing in the winter.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna be using the 250 to do driveways to make money. One of my friends lives in a development so I'm gonna pack it up and head there. A bunch of square asphalt driveways in perfect condition. :).

miniquaddad90
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
U gonna sell any of the parts? Never heard back from you....

I would be interested in:

Swingarm skid plate
Razr2 front tires
Axle

Possibly the rear shock too

dirtdawg
12-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Oh sorry about that. Been busy lately. Yes, I have decided to go ahead and sell her off.

I never mounted the razr2 front tires, so I'm gonna hold on to those as they are brand new and they will be going on the new quad when I get it.

The rear shock rides really nice on my 250ex, so I'm probably gonna hold on to it UNLESS I get a good offer for it if you know what I mean.

The axle & swing arm skid are definitely for sale though.

I'll pm you what I'm looking for for those parts.