PDA

View Full Version : PEP-Pb1?

jjohns5
11-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Alot of hype about these(are they worth the extra $600+ over Fox,Axis ect..?),I have never rode them.If someone was to purchase a new set, who sets them up best,Baldwin,SF or ?Anyone with experience on these please come forward with any helpful info,Thanks

laeger2fiddyr
11-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Call Seth @ SF Racing 1-309-208-4877

rollie
11-19-2011, 05:28 PM
They do live up to the Hype in my opinion, IF(and this goes for any shock) they are set up correctly for you. It is also a nice feeling to know you have the absolute best on your bike, that is how i felt about my bike, the only thing that sucks is you get sort of bored because there is nothing left to think of getting because you already have the best:p

will69jr
11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Definitely go with pep's from mark Baldwin had them on both my Ktm and now will be on both my honda's, I called sf and mark and marks price was just barely higher on the phone but once I got the bill was a good amount cheaper!!! And was set up spot on!

jjohns5
11-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by rollie
They do live up to the Hype in my opinion, IF(and this goes for any shock) they are set up correctly for you. It is also a nice feeling to know you have the absolute best on your bike, that is how i felt about my bike, the only thing that sucks is you get sort of bored because there is nothing left to think of getting because you already have the best:p

Was hoping you would give your 2cents,I saw that you ran these,I kind of think along those lines.If your going to spend over a grand on shocks you may as well spend a little more for the best IMO.So I guess I just want to know how many votes these get for the best.I do know it has alot to do with the setup as well,Thanks

Lquad71
11-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Do PB1's live up to the hype?
-in my opinion they exceed the hype.haha. Never rode on anything nicer and after ridnig on the i wont race on anything else.

jjohns5
11-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Recieved an email from Seth at SF...still waiting on a response from Baldwin.Besides the Zps that lets you lower the ride height without losing wheel travel like the original Zps shock,they have the best valving and oil capacity on the market today.They also offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner on springs and valving components which is pretty nice.They have a controlled anti-roll characteristic that can't be matched by any other company on the market today.Sounds to me like the extra money is worth it in the long run...What are your thoughts?

mx Eli
11-21-2011, 06:23 PM
just give seth a call, he'll explain everything and is nice as can be

jjohns5
11-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Leaning toward a purchase on a set and I may just go to Seth at SF he seems like a pretty good guy,easy to deal with and seems like he has the time to deal and set them up correctly(Baldwin isn't out of the question).I really like the fact that there is a lifetime warranty for the original owner on the valving components and springs,this made my decision on a new set over used...any objections, throw them out there,Thanks to everyone who gave me info and advice.