PDA

View Full Version : 250r Cutting out HELP! LOL

ErinK
11-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone,

I just bought my first 250r and two stroke for that matter. I will not be going back to the four stroke world as I am in love with this quad. Shortly after purchasing it, it has started to cut out while idling and running. I have checked the carb its clean. I have checked my reeds and they are perfect. I checked the coil and it too is fine. When I pulled my spark plug it is wet but I am guessing its because I cant keep it running long enough to burn it out. I am at a complete loss and I dont really get it. I felt like it was a fuel issue but now Im thinking its gotta be electrical. It starts right up on the second kick and its hitting good and hard. Could this be a stator issue? Im just puzzled. Im going to put a new fuel filter on it tomorrow and see if that does anything. Also when it starts to cut out if I let off the throttle slightly then give it a little it will try to come back. Keeping the choke on seems to do nothing for it. Please any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a stubborn girl that does not like bringing things to the shop for others to fix.

enri400ex
11-19-2011, 12:05 AM
startor removed cover and look, is not taken "game" the flywheel, the coil is good and that the sensor does not move, or you have a play on the crankshaft and this will point I would be taking ...

also if you got the manual you can test that would have to give values ​​to indicate the proper functioning

good luck

trx250racer
11-19-2011, 12:17 AM
I think what he ^^^^ is trying to say is:

your stator could be going out. check it with a known working unit.

but first i would check the flywheel and key on the crank, make sure it hasnt sheered. when the flywheel is removed shake it, make sure nothing rattles.

if all of this checks out, then you will want to check cdi box.

ErinK
11-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks! I give that a go in the morning and see what I can come up with. Ugh I just wanna ride.

mx91a
11-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Kind of sounds like the spark plug is fouled. How old is it? Replace it with a new one, gapped 0.020" and let us know if it improves.

ErinK
11-20-2011, 01:11 AM
The plug is new.....I was too busy today to get into it but Ive got Monday to mess with it. I will keep you guys posted and thanks again!

ErinK
11-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Just pulled the stator cover off and there was moisture and water in it, so next on the list is to get the fly wheel off. Seems like Im onto something and I had a feeling it was something stupid. THanks again guys!