PDA

View Full Version : power bands

pitbiker2269
11-18-2011, 01:54 PM
hi i bought some aftermarket power bands for my 400ex off ebay today, but im not to sure how to put them in. if someone could help me out that would be great.

Longdong
11-18-2011, 02:05 PM
:huh

Scro
11-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Got a link for the ad? That may help in describing how to install them.

ish416
11-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I hope you got the blue ones because they are the best. Also, you should look at getting fuel injected brake lines and dual dipsticks. Also, polished muffler bearings will help out with top speed and they sound wicked awesome.

01boneless
11-18-2011, 02:41 PM
hope you got the purple ones the black and red are a joke imho

7.5L_STX
11-18-2011, 03:00 PM
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp346/geo9999/uglynerd2.jpg

7.5L_STX
11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
sorry for the big pic lol.

01boneless
11-18-2011, 03:16 PM
^^^ haha that is so perfect!!!!!

HondaPohl
11-18-2011, 03:51 PM
I use the pink ones for breast cancer awareness.

dxcody
11-18-2011, 05:47 PM
you gotta have a picklefork to put them on and its a real pain because the wobbleshft gets in the way..

About the only real way to do it is take your anti-gunk pump out, along with the wobbleshaft and they just go in the canooter valve assembly pocket..

also deff get a set of exhaust bearings polished like ish said, but you can get the fuel injected brake lines cheap off ebay for like $30 and they help alot, especially if you run peanut butter in the brake lines instead of dot4 break fluid like the dumb manual says.

trailrider894
11-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Come on guys... enough with the power mods already... lets talk safety... Have you even checked your headlamp fluid lately???

HondaPohl
11-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Thats right. Make sure your gas blower is operating at the correct temperature.

rinconrider
11-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I got some red ones a while back and just didnt see any increase.

So i got some black ones and stretched them around my back tires. thats where i had the best luck with them, they seem to really help when on the tires. not only do they help out the power, they help grip too.

:D just put them different places, tires, axle, foot pegs, and around the oil cooler to try out better effects of where it helps out the most.

01boneless
11-18-2011, 06:55 PM
i remember when you got yours ^^^^^ :blah:
and dont buy expensive oil for your motor the stuff that comes stock in them is AWSOME shipping oil always last's years!!! as for air filter just take it off little dirt wont hurt :devil:

rinconrider
11-18-2011, 06:57 PM
i have tried some of the stuff from the site over the past few months. some are hit or miss but most are pretty decent, just like the power bands.

steve

dxcody
11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
boneless what are you talking about? Your supposed to change the oil?

Heck i always figured the blacker the better! And when it gets really thin thats when you know your oil is in good condition.

I personally like 5w 20 that way it thins out and goes black faster... the hotter the better on a motor right?

trailrider894
11-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
boneless what are you talking about? Your supposed to change the oil?

Heck i always figured the blacker the better! And when it gets really thin thats when you know your oil is in good condition.

I personally like 5w 20 that way it thins out and goes black faster... the hotter the better on a motor right?

Right, plus it welds all the bolts together!!

01boneless
11-18-2011, 07:22 PM
good call and when you leave your quad set a while sqeeze a whole tube of neverseez in the motor its so bolts dont seez but works great on the gears and stuff in the motor

finsteratv
11-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey hey now guys.......you totally spaced the handling aspect of things..throw on some plus 3 wheel spacers and drill some holes in your stock exhaust to go fast. not only will your bike sound b**chin but up pick up 12HP. ALWAYS remember to take off the bumper and extra lug nuts (only 2 on each wheel) plus if you fit on some raptor plastics you can get some major HP and babes ;)

jake"08"400
11-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Don't forget stickers. Lots and lots of stickers....give at least a hp a peice. Seriously tho I hope he was kidden cause he just wasted his money. (Are parents money)😂

brokenmike
11-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Warning... If you use the orange powerband you must use a titanium piston pull back spring. If not you WILL ruin the muffler bearings and blow out your canooter valve. If you want to pick up a couple HP you can remove all of your sprocket bolts.

dxcody
11-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Ahhh! ^^^ good call man, completely forgot about the sprocket bolts.

Oh and make sure your axle nut is as close to the swingarm as possible, this will help with 2 things,
1. It will enhance your suspension, because your axle will pivot and slide left to right.
2. It will bust those bearings in your carrier, so then you dont have to worry about trying to get them out when you have to replace them

*NOTE* - It is very important you replace the bearings in the bearing carrier, every 3 hours of ride time, but instead of usuing bearing carrier bearings, use exhaust bearings, and polish them also for a greater HP increase.

You guys realise that if we truely did gain a HP from everything we have said (joked about) this quad would be unridable.. it would outrun a jet HAHA :blah:

cheater13
11-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Can't beat a little humor on here every once in a while ;)

But as for my 400, i converted my oil tank into a water bladder for when i get thirsty because my thirst is more important. The oil just sits in there and turns a black color. When i run of gas i find a local water spigget and fill it up until i can get more.

Also, i took my foot peg setup out and put in some bike pedals so incase i need a few extra hp racing, i can pedal it. As of right now, im running a 427 rat motor out of my chevelle. I did some Minor cutting and welding to the 400's frame, but eventually i got it in there.

I never rode nothin like it.

steve181
11-19-2011, 10:38 AM
wow you guys are dumb....

you have to go to napa and get the blue can of compression......

Drfat400ex
12-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by cheater13
Can't beat a little humor on here every once in a while ;)

But as for my 400, i converted my oil tank into a water bladder for when i get thirsty because my thirst is more important. The oil just sits in there and turns a black color. When i run of gas i find a local water spigget and fill it up until i can get more.

Also, i took my foot peg setup out and put in some bike pedals so incase i need a few extra hp racing, i can pedal it. As of right now, im running a 427 rat motor out of my chevelle. I did some Minor cutting and welding to the 400's frame, but eventually i got it in there.

I never rode nothin like it.

oh man i did the same thing with my xbr6000 honda (some people who know nothing about mechanical inclanation think it's called an ex400trx or some stupid thing) anyways instead of making it into a water holder i converted it over to a urine tank, only gotta fill it half full and if i gotta go i dont have to make a mess on the ground for the squrrels

Rohr397
12-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Y'all'er doin it wrong! First of all I got me a doggone goat sticker on ma fer weehler! That's five hersepower right der! Next I got maself one a them weaved black mabobbers fer the hood to get extra dynamics. Then here's the best part, I runned outta gas the other day and all I had was some of my Jack Daniels so I poured that in the gas tank and now my 400ex is a Alcomohol Banchee!!

Also I took my oil filter out fer better flow and I only run half the recommended oil mixed with some soder pop to cut weight. And to make sure that ma fer weehler don't get all bent outta shape and what not I made sure to loosen up all dem nuts and bolts and I replaced my swingarm with a wooden one so it wouldn't get all rusty. Made that son birch outta 2x4's, duck tape and some zip ties, cause everyone knows each zip tie is ekwilvalant to one herse power.

AMERICA!!!

logant14
12-17-2011, 07:57 AM
What about the tie dye, they seemed to work good

djwilliams0822
12-17-2011, 08:54 PM
I heard if you set it on fire it makes the motor run cooler.

Drfat400ex
12-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Rohr397
Y'all'er doin it wrong! First of all I got me a doggone goat sticker on ma fer weehler! That's five hersepower right der! Next I got maself one a them weaved black mabobbers fer the hood to get extra dynamics. Then here's the best part, I runned outta gas the other day and all I had was some of my Jack Daniels so I poured that in the gas tank and now my 400ex is a Alcomohol Banchee!!

Also I took my oil filter out fer better flow and I only run half the recommended oil mixed with some soder pop to cut weight. And to make sure that ma fer weehler don't get all bent outta shape and what not I made sure to loosen up all dem nuts and bolts and I replaced my swingarm with a wooden one so it wouldn't get all rusty. Made that son birch outta 2x4's, duck tape and some zip ties, cause everyone knows each zip tie is ekwilvalant to one herse power.

AMERICA!!!

I now recognize you... BWRproductions???

01boneless
12-17-2011, 09:46 PM
^^^ haha bingo :P

Rohr397
12-17-2011, 11:12 PM
I go by many names, BWRProductions is just one of them :P

Drfat400ex
12-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Well them there goat stickers are cheap chineese made crap! i gots me a pro-circut sticker on ma four wheeler, made in amurica! that there adds like 2-7hp right there! and my 300ex piston, so much more power, cuz you know you really don't want the piston to be so tight in that hole there cuz you get way more flow with one that gives you at least a 1/4 inch clearance around it.

dxcody
12-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Drfat400ex
Well them there goat stickers are cheap chineese made crap! i gots me a pro-circut sticker on ma four wheeler, made in amurica! that there adds like 2-7hp right there! and my 300ex piston, so much more power, cuz you know you really don't want the piston to be so tight in that hole there cuz you get way more flow with one that gives you at least a 1/4 inch clearance around it.

Well ya see another thing is, if you put that 300ex piston in there, it will let oil get on the top of the piston. and thats where ya want most of your oil to keep ye injun kewler.

Drfat400ex
12-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
Well ya see another thing is, if you put that 300ex piston in there, it will let oil get on the top of the piston. and thats where ya want most of your oil to keep ye injun kewler.
yeeeeeeea now this guy right here knows what hes tawkin bout! also if you put on a raptor 700 transmission it gives you bout 45 mph plus! also gives you bout double hp right there! i put sum dun tractor suspention on myn too gives er way better balance and never bottoms out, even one time i jumped my house and that thur is like 400 foot jump, didn't even feel the gat dun landin they was so strong!