PDA

View Full Version : Port & Polish Work!!!

thack82
11-18-2011, 11:18 AM
If Any of you guys are wanting Professional Port and Polish Work Done on Two Stroke Cylinders or Four Stroke Heads I have found a Performance Shop that does Immaculate Job for a Great Price. The Name of the Shop is Withrow Powersports" In Lawrenceburg Kentucky.

It is a one Man show the Owner and Mechanic's Name is Matt Withrow. I found him by Word of Mouth. Any body that wants Performance Work Done on ATV's, UTV's, Dirt Bikes, Jet Ski's, Go-Carts or anything else with a small engine in Central Kentucky takes there stuff to him to build. I found out shortly after meeting him that he worked on Dirt Bikes his whole Life because he Moto Cross Raced Pro-A Class all over the United States. After he graduated High School He went to MMA Marine & Motorcycle Institute and a Associates Business Management Degree and Certified in Small Marine Engines, Small Engine Performance, Performance Suspension, and about ten other Performance Certifications. After he Graduated he Opened his own Performance Shop.

I Attached some of his information to this Thread: http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/314317_10150398230899828_742274827_8415754_4218025 39_n.jpg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cass2.jpeg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cass4.jpeg http:// http:// file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cass5.jpeg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cass6.jpeg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cass7.jpeg

thack82
11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
On a Small Head like the one on the TRX-90 he charges $125.00 to do a Competently Disassemble the Head and Port and Polish it and shipping one way. Heres his Contact information:

miniquaddad90
11-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Does your one man band sponsor our free forums? :huh

thack82
11-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
Does your one man band sponsor our free forums? :huh

He Does Not at this time. He in the process of building his Web Page that has pictures of his Port Polish, Machine Work, and Suspension Set Ups that he's done. He's also adding a Gallery with photos of Bikes and Quads he's built.

I'm not sure how close to being Done he is with his Web Site, But his Plan is to Sponsor a Few Forums so they will put a direct link to his Web Page. I'll mention it to him the next time I'm at his shop.

By the way, I don't feel like you ask that Question in the right manner. I'm only trying to help some of the other Dad's who have Kids with Mini's that there wanting to Compete in some Form of Racing or just add more Power to there Kids Quads locate a Performance Shop that does good work at a Fair Price.

It would have a lot more mature sounding if you hadn't put down this guys shop and called him a "One Man Band". Instead of being a DICK you could have ask the same question in this manner:

Tell the shop thats doing the work on your Daughter's Mini Quad to Sponsor our Forum so he can post a link to his Web Site and we can see some of the work he's done. Remember these Forums are free for the users and totally funded by Site Sponsors.

Doesn't that sound better? I wish you lived somewhere near me. I'd Load up my Daughter and her China Quad that "One Man Band Built" (Motor, Transmission, and Suspension) and laugh while she Raced Circles around your Kids TRX-90!!! I'm new to the ATV Riders Forum and the first comment had to be from a *** Hole!

miniquaddad90
11-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Well..... I was gonna retract that comment today.... It just struck me in a weird way, new member, only a couple of posts, dead links or mumbo jumbo links, etc... The few drinks didnt help my mindset, neither here nor there at this point.

As far as your china stuff running circles around our good Jap stuff.... I DOUBT THAT! So instead of being a dick, I'll give you a little insight.

A TRX90 head on any motor, true trx or china, is a downfall. Limited by the valve size and port size. Sure the ports could be hogged out, but still dealing with small valves. A trail bikes race head would be a better start. It has 24mm ports and larger valves than the stock trx head. Still a little port reshaping is in order but you would be starting with a better peice.

The next option up would be a Lifan big valve head, even bigger valves and ports than the Trail Bikes race head. The chamber however is made for a much larger 56-57.5mm piston so there will be quite some work playing with pistons and valve pockets.

And then, If you got a fat pocket, you could really take it to the next level with a Kitaco or Takegawa head

So, hope that makes you feel more welcomed

miniquaddad90
11-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Heres one of ours.... one of them, we have 4 fully built motors

miniquaddad90
11-23-2011, 01:50 PM
And one more, she sure is pretty

thack82
11-23-2011, 02:59 PM
I think this guy knows how to put together a Pretty good set up. After all he did Help me put this 95+ Horsepower 392 Serval Set Up that has Gobs of Low End Torque For XC Woods Races. I'll take a few pictures of my Daughter's bike and post them up. I wouldn't talk **** about a Quad you don't know, theres a good chance you might get you *** Handed to you!!! file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cub12.jpg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cub4.jpg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cub7.jpg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Thacker/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/cub9.jpg

thack82
11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
95+ Horsepower

chunky0071
11-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Don't want to get in this pis**** contest but 95+ numbers on a big bore of that size is not uncommon or that hard to get. So till you brake over 110 Hp within the same size don't brag on your builder. You can kit that motor together in your garage with right parts and get close to the same numbers.

miniquaddad90
11-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by chunky0071
Don't want to get in this pis**** contest but 95+ numbers on a big bore of that size is not uncommon or that hard to get. So till you brake over 110 Hp within the same size don't brag on your builder. You can kit that motor together in your garage with right parts and get close to the same numbers.

Right on!

I have dyno sheets...... what the heck, i love to stir the pot.

thack82
11-24-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm not going to argue with you, you terrified of compition. By the way, what do you have that's over 100hp other than your Mini Van? You bring your Quad (if you even have one) to Kentucky and I'll eat you in the woods, and while your at it bring your kids TRX so my Daughter can stomp it in the mud. You are such a Dick, the only reason you commented on this thread is because you were afraid of the compition. Oh and my Banshee might put down 110 HP I haven't Dynoed it yet. I knew it would be at least 95, so that's what I listed it at. I wouldn't let this got work on my bicycle.

chunky0071
11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Look I didn't comment to get called names. Your buillder jmay be a great builder. Don't know don't really care the point here is if you brag you need cold hard proof to back it up. and by the way sold my 410 banshee about 7 years ago and it was not ridable in the woods at 98Hp dyno tuned and that was not even close to what it could have done. Point being we race XC and I don't care if you have 200hp thats not going to win races!
I hope your little girl enjoys her ride and does well racing.

I will not be repling any more to this post thanks.

miniquadmom90
11-25-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't normally post on here but since this conversation seems to concern my daughter, you've hit a nerve. Just to set the record straight, we too deal with quite a few "one man bands". I don't see that as a bad thing, or something to get upset about. For you to then drag my daughter (and yours) into this? Well, that shows who the true dick is. And believe me, we're not afraid of a little "compition" as you put it. But, I do hope that your daughter races with a better attitude than her father.

Thumpin440ex
11-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Wow this thread went to the chitter fast.. BTW mines bigger then yours.. :D

John

bloodswet&gears
11-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by miniquadmom90
I don't normally post on here but since this conversation seems to concern my daughter, you've hit a nerve. Just to set the record straight, we too deal with quite a few "one man bands". I don't see that as a bad thing, or something to get upset about. For you to then drag my daughter (and yours) into this? Well, that shows who the true dick is. And believe me, we're not afraid of a little "compition" as you put it. But, I do hope that your daughter races with a better attitude than her father. You tellem MOM. He came in blind swingin. Should learn to do some research and walk silently till then. May come a day when he is at the same race with the person he talks bad too. Hope this gets resolved.

trompen542
11-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Pissing matches do not belong in a kids forum, this is where we are all supposed to learn from each other, to make our sport more fun, and where its all about the kids. There is no place for pissing, just learning.

thack82
11-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by trompen542
Pissing matches do not belong in a kids forum, this is where we are all supposed to learn from each other, to make our sport more fun, and where its all about the kids. There is no place for pissing, just learning.

I never intended to start a pissing match when I started this thread. I just wanted to let some of the guys that are building Mini Quads know that there was a Qualified Performance Shop that does great work for a reasonable Price, and immediately I started being attacked.

liverebel
12-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by thack82
I wish you lived somewhere near me. I'd Load up my Daughter and her China Quad that "One Man Band Built" (Motor, Transmission, and Suspension) and laugh while she Raced Circles around your Kids TRX-90!!! I'm new to the ATV Riders Forum and the first comment had to be from a *** Hole!

Thats what you got attacked for bro....looks to be unjustly so..but no one likes China stuff, not even the Chinese

lawlz

Thanks for the info though, his work does sound professional and fairly inexpensive.

thack82
12-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by liverebel
Thats what you got attacked for bro....looks to be unjustly so..but no one likes China stuff, not even the Chinese

lawlz

Thanks for the info though, his work does sound professional and fairly inexpensive.

No disrespect, but this thread isn't about Chinese VS Japanese Mini's. Its about the quality and price of Withrow Powersport's work.

That being said, if you put a little bit of money into the Chinese Quads there pretty good little ATV's for the money.

trx90luke
12-21-2011, 11:49 AM
you people are so cool fighting online, shaking my head right now

seabeebuggy
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I bet the builder wishes his name was not on this thread.

thack82
01-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't know he might? He say's he doesn't get on the forums much because theirs people like you who know just enough about ATV's and small engines to be dangerous and you'll run your mouth and smart off behind a key board and a computer screen and say things that you would even think about saying to someones face.

Your comment was useless and added absolutely no useful information that would help answer other members questions.

Unless you have something useful to say in the future I suggest you try to keep you mouth shut . It's *** holes like you that post comments that other members have to weed through to get the answers and information their looking for, and after all isn't a Forum designed to help people find answers and information on topics? Obviously you uneducated and a little on the slow side so you probably think your snide comments make you look cool. I think they make you look like a immature dumb ***.

miniquaddad90
01-12-2012, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thack82
I don't know he might? He say's he doesn't get on the forums much because theirs people like you who know just enough about ATV's and small engines to be dangerous and you'll run your mouth and smart off behind a key board and a computer screen and say things that you would even think about saying to someones face.

Your comment was useless and added absolutely no useful information that would help answer other members questions.

Unless you have something useful to say in the future I suggest you try to keep you mouth shut . It's *** holes like you that post comments that other members have to weed through to get the answers and information their looking for, and after all isn't a Forum designed to help people find answers and information on topics? Obviously you uneducated and a little on the slow side so you probably think your snide comments make you look cool. I think they make you look like a immature dumb ***. [/QUOTE

WOW, nice.... :huh

seabeebuggy
01-12-2012, 02:12 PM
WOW ! PERHAPS YOU SHOULD SAY THAT WHILE LOOKING IN A MIRROR.

Originally posted by thack82

Unless you have something useful to say in the future I suggest you try to keep you mouth shut . It's *** holes like you that post comments that other members have to weed through to get the answers and information their looking for, and after all isn't a Forum designed to help people find answers and information on topics? Obviously you uneducated and a little on the slow side so you probably think your snide comments make you look cool. I think they make you look like a immature dumb ***.

thack82
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Hahaha..... That makes NO since. I started this thread to let other members know about a shop that does good work at a reasonable price. You just keep on chiming in making irreverent comments. Thank you for helping me prove my point. :p

seabeebuggy
01-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Wisdom says " Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience" Have fun down there.