PDA

View Full Version : need some ideas

trx400Rider
11-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Hey everybody, i need some ideas on what to add to my 450, all my mods are in my sig that i have done to it so far. I have 500 to spend on it. Im not worried about tires and rims right now. Im guna be getting a dwt champion in a box kit and razr mx's soon. I plan on setting my bike up for mx.
Im looking to buy a ehs racing air lid for a littler more power and possibly a programmable dynatek ignition also, anybody ever use them?
All other reconmendations are welcome! Not only for power though! Thanks everyone!

Kovatch
11-18-2011, 10:44 AM
For the 450, I would save up (ask Santa) and get suspension. You can have 60 hp, but if you can't hit the big jumps because your stock suspension can't handle it, you won't be going fast.

Suspension is, IMO, more valuable than engine work. A power lid might add .5-1hp, but do you think you will really feel a difference? Wait until spring and get a nice used LT set-up. It will be worth waaaaay more than a few dress up mods.

Pacheco_450r
11-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Kovatch
For the 450, I would save up (ask Santa) and get suspension. You can have 60 hp, but if you can't hit the big jumps because your stock suspension can't handle it, you won't be going fast.

Suspension is, IMO, more valuable than engine work. A power lid might add .5-1hp, but do you think you will really feel a difference? Wait until spring and get a nice used LT set-up. It will be worth waaaaay more than a few dress up mods.

X2 save up and get suspension. I shopped through the classifieds on here for a month or so and got used lt shocks, new lt arms and a used wider axle that came out to just over $1,000. By far the best investment and most drastic improvement on my bike.

trx400Rider
11-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Im leaning on a LT houser and fox front end. Probably buy it sometime in april. Im just wondering about other things for now. Thanks again!

quad2xtreme
11-18-2011, 07:13 PM
what all did you do to the carb when you jetted?

Did you do the green wire mod?

Swap cams!

trx400Rider
11-18-2011, 10:22 PM
I bumped up the pilot jet and the main jet. I have a leak jet that I have yet to install. I figure once I get the ehs lid I'll go back in and bump the main up again.
I havent done the green wire yet.
And for a cam, theres to man to choose from. I need one though, whats everybody's advice?
I want a really good cam for mx.
How should I set this bike up with 18s? gearing wise. Im planning on going all renthal.