PDA

View Full Version : HR822, the National Right To Carry Reciprocity Act

DirtyBirdRacing
11-17-2011, 06:44 AM
Has Passed he US House of Representatives by a vote of 272 to 154!
HR822 will provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State.
Any one else excited about this?!

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c112:1:./temp/~c1125pvcop::

Hornbreaker
11-17-2011, 09:52 AM
I see you tryed to post the email from the N.R.A.-ILA but your link doesn't work. And yes I'm very excited that it passed.

slainwarrior
11-17-2011, 10:30 AM
do you guys mind sharing what this means to us 2nd amendment supporters. i havnt heard anything about this

OldGuyonaQuad
11-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by DirtyBirdRacing
Has Passed he US House of Representatives by a vote of 272 to 154!
HR822 will provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State.
Any one else excited about this?!

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c112:1:./temp/~c1125pvcop::
yes the entire hip hop community is ecstatic ;)

buck440
11-17-2011, 03:06 PM
son of a *****! illinois still get's left out. i had my hopes up until it said illinois isn't cool enough to be part of it. guess i need to put my gat away.

quad2xtreme
11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
link (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:HR00822:@@@L&summ2=m&)

wolfe 21
11-17-2011, 04:37 PM
honestly, no not really. I still think this is a stupid idea in general. there are too many people with no idea what they're doing or what constitutes an acceptable use of force out there toting guns around for me to be anything but nervous.

trailrider894
11-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by wolfe 21
honestly, no not really. I still think this is a stupid idea in general. there are too many people with no idea what they're doing or what constitutes an acceptable use of force out there toting guns around for me to be anything but nervous. I aint tryin to get shot because some soccer mom didn't like the way the guy in the dark hoodie and the ball cap looked. And it makes life that much more difficult for Law Enforcement, a career field I would like to enter in the near future.

Well I personally suggest that you start finding facts on the things you say. I am a Federal Law Enforcement Officer, and I can honestly say that concealed carry is a good thing. I won't say that it doesn't scare me sometimes, knowing that people are carrying guns that are concealed. BUT, 99% of people aren't going and won't shoot someone who is just a threat, let me tell you, its harder to pull that trigger than you think. So its just a suggestion that you do some re-search on people with concealed carry permits and un-reasonable use of force.

wolfe 21
11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
99% of people aren't going and won't shoot someone who is just a threat, let me tell you, its harder to pull that trigger than you think

I didn't mean to start problems. I simply don't like the idea of people having a gun and oversimplified my expectations of the type of people getting permits. I'm sure most people that go through the effort to get the proper license are fairly competent, but even you admit some people out there shouldn't have a carry permit. Even 1% of people with permits being a problem makes the whole idea uncomfortable for me.

James.

trailrider894
11-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I didn't mean to start problems. I simply don't like the idea of people having a gun and oversimplified my expectations of the type of people getting permits. I'm sure most people that go through the effort to get the proper license are fairly competent, but even you admit some people out there shouldn't have a carry permit. Even 1% of people with permits being a problem makes the whole idea uncomfortable for me.

James.

Well i totally agree!! The people that go through the process, have federal background checks that are fairly extensive, you pay for the permit, you have to have a registered handgun... so $200-$300 for the permit, $400-$1000 for a gun, plus the ammo that's enough money that only somebody who is competent enough to shoot a gun is gonna do. I rarely hear, of people using their CCW, for a self defense reason anyway. Most of the time just showing the gun is enough to scare anyone away. If you should be scared of anything it should be, Asian drivers, Getting hit by bus, or being shot by a gangsta...

buck440
11-19-2011, 06:21 AM
i sure would feel a lot safer if i were in a town where everybody that could conceal carry did than a town where nobody carried. i'm just glad they are slowly giving us our rights back!

the more gun rights we get back the more good people will carry since obviously criminals can't legally and we can protect ourselvs from them.

trailrider894
11-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Well where i come from, your weird if you don't have a 12 Gauge in your truck...

wolfe 21
11-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Most of the time just showing the gun is enough to scare anyone away. If you should be scared of anything it should be, Asian drivers, Getting hit by bus, or being shot by a gangsta...

I'd be alright with that if it wasn't for getting charged for brandishing a weapon. As to the rest of that, there are no buses around here to get hit by, gangstas stay in the cities because they know we're all hicks with guns here anyway, and I'm generally unimpressed by all drivers not just Asians. Riding with my sister is enough to give me a heart attack; swear she thinks shes qualifying for Indy or something.

Well where i come from, your weird if you don't have a 12 Gauge in your truck...
Yeah, same way here. I won't just because I don't want to have somebody steal mine. Got two beside the bed though. A 590 with 00 buck is a great defensive weapon, but unfortunately very hard to conceal. Youd be surprised what you can find in glove boxes around here tho.

DirtyBirdRacing
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Sorry about the link not working and not getting a chance to fix it, I see someone already posted a new one (thank you) Yes I am happy about this, A CWP is something that I have been intrested in getting Even before I picked up my 9MM Hand gun, Like some one has already mentioned I do think that some people should have more training on there weapons. I personaly am waiting a Year+ to get used to my weapon and to learn how to properly and Comfortably Shoot it before I go and start to cary it on me. I think that HR822 is long over due though.

KXRida
11-21-2011, 02:28 PM
I always have a firearm in my vehicles. 40 in the car and 45 in the truck. If I carry, it's usually the 40 due to size and weight. I've only had the draw twice and they were both legit threats.

jesshamner
11-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
I rarely hear, of people using their CCW, for a self defense reason anyway. Most of the time just showing the gun is enough to scare anyone away. If you should be scared of anything it should be, Asian drivers, Getting hit by bus, or being shot by a gangsta...

This happens more than you think. 1000s per year. A woman defended her home, property and kids just this weekend near me. She came home and noticed some stuff missing. She told her kids to go outside and call 911. Law enforcement were not timely in responding. As she looked around, she found the robber in her basement going through the gun cabinet. She, being a military firearms instructor and MP, felt that she could take him on. She wrestled with the guy through the house, up the stairs, out into the driveway where she shot him in the head with the shotgun.

Burglaries were happening in the prior weeks and lots of neighbors got hit. She didn't kill him...its too bad. Now after he tries to sue her :rolleyes: we will have to pay for this dirtbag to live in concrete hotel with free meals for a few months until he gets out and is at it again.

Self preservation is an instinct. Self defense is a skill. And a gun is a tool to facilitate that skill. Pulling a gun is a last resort. Its not a scare tactic. If you pull it out, it better be a life or death decision. Not trying to scare someone off. And if you pull it out, you better pull the trigger, and pull it more than once.

jesshamner
11-21-2011, 08:52 PM
This bill only RE-INSTATES the right that was given to us in the first place by the 2nd amendment.

Thinking about defending yourself is somewhat related but not the whole story. .gov has no business oppressing the rights that were laid out in the BOR. If our founding fathers weren't able to keep and bear arms, we would still be part of England.

Anyone, who has not given up their freedom by committing a crime, or is sane, should be able to walk around freely with a firearm. They should not brandish, but be reserved.

trailrider894
11-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
This happens more than you think. 1000s per year. A woman defended her home, property and kids just this weekend near me. She came home and noticed some stuff missing. She told her kids to go outside and call 911. Law enforcement were not timely in responding. As she looked around, she found the robber in her basement going through the gun cabinet. She, being a military firearms instructor and MP, felt that she could take him on. She wrestled with the guy through the house, up the stairs, out into the driveway where she shot him in the head with the shotgun.

Burglaries were happening in the prior weeks and lots of neighbors got hit. She didn't kill him...its too bad. Now after he tries to sue her :rolleyes: we will have to pay for this dirtbag to live in concrete hotel with free meals for a few months until he gets out and is at it again.

Self preservation is an instinct. Self defense is a skill. And a gun is a tool to facilitate that skill. Pulling a gun is a last resort. Its not a scare tactic. If you pull it out, it better be a life or death decision. Not trying to scare someone off. And if you pull it out, you better pull the trigger, and pull it more than once.

I know how often it happens, make no mistake... But my point is, people who don't have the SKILL to use the weapon as a tool, typically don't get the CCW in the first place. I am also, Military Police in the U.S. Army, that lady could have taken down a CIVI LEO in a heartbeat with out a gun. ( if she was an Active Duty MP, that is... reservist aren't as trained. )

wolfe 21
11-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Anyone, who has not given up their freedom by committing a crime, or is sane, should be able to walk around freely with a firearm. They should not brandish, but be reserved. [/B]
I agree the Bill of Rights and our Constitution should not be trampled on, but there is also a legitimate argument to be made that these decisions were made in different times under different conditions than what exist today. That said, your above statement quite honestly is a little scary. I don't think anyone should be able to walk freely with a firearm without sufficient training and experience to handle both the firearm and the situational calls that could arise from carrying it.

I am also, Military Police in the U.S. Army, that lady could have taken down a CIVI LEO in a heartbeat with out a gun. ( if she was an Active Duty MP, that is... reservist aren't as trained. )
OK, off topic, but this seems a little extreme. I can't see it being that easy to take down a cop, though I will admit some of the local deputies aren't exactly world class athletes.

buck440
11-23-2011, 06:39 PM
I think anybody that questions our rights should be shot point blank in the ****ing head and be put on display so other people that support our rights can beat their corpse to a pulp. Violence speaks louder than words.

jesshamner
11-23-2011, 11:30 PM
I agree the Bill of Rights and our Constitution should not be trampled on, but there is also a legitimate argument to be made that these decisions were made in different times under different conditions than what exist today.

You're right. Times have changed. Your freedom of speech should be repealed.

What is scary about law abiding citizens protecting themselves from danger?