PDA

View Full Version : 400ex handlebar help

mr greer
11-16-2011, 07:29 AM
my 400ex has bent handlebars from a rollover it took, so after a few times of riding i thought it was time for new ones. iv looked around and was thinking bout the red renthal fatbars, oem bend, but iv never swapped out bars so i was wandering if this is a good bar and where to get the clamps and what would be the best thing to do with the keyswitch?

any help would be appreciated:D

CJM
11-16-2011, 08:04 AM
You need big bar clamps or adapters, every major retailer online sells them, renthal is a very good bar as well.

Most of us who throw away the little keyswitch p[lastic just drill a hole in the side of the front plastic or depending on your year on the hood/above the lights on the older models.

SpasticR450
11-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Tusk sells 1 1/8 mount for 30 or 40 bucks. Key switch can be mounted some place else in the plstic or zip tied to the stearing stem. Or else i know trail tech sells a fat bar clamp with a key switch mount but its a lot of money. Or just get rid of the key switch and run a teather kill. For bars I get tusk/long horn fat bars less money and just as good as the others.

mr greer
11-21-2011, 02:20 PM
alright, appreciate the info

powerbomb400
12-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Look at Modquas's Fat Bar clamp. It has a place for the reverse light,neutral light and key switch.

rooster300ex
12-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Try the pro taper SE handlebars. They are very strong. I've rolled my quad several times, and they have not bent at all. I acutally had to get a new steering stem instead of bars.