PDA

View Full Version : jeremy lawson

mxpimp2000
11-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Heard he is DONE for racing atleast for 2k12

440racer66
11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
dang i hate to hear this. i hope its only for a year...

mxpimp2000
11-16-2011, 01:16 AM
moto-experts announced it on facebook

Pappy
11-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Hate to see it. You might even hear of a few more top names sitting out, getting out and what not. Times are tough for everyone, even the pro's!

patrickj75
11-16-2011, 09:11 AM
That's tough. I thought he just signed a new deal for next season?

SRH
11-16-2011, 11:08 AM
risk and money vs reward.....im suprised alot of the older guys are still in it

racing quads is a hobby, racing dirtbikes is a career...its unfortunate that atv racing lost its momentum with the economy, 06-07 were great years

KingpinsEx
11-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Thats sad when the #3 rider in the pro nationals can no longer race. I guess its not any worse than the #1 (Creamer) though. I give all the racers credit, many of them have stuck it out for a long time without major support. Lawson was always one of my favorite riders, will def. miss seeing him ride at the nationals.

Brauap
11-19-2011, 08:48 AM
FUN FACT: My cousin's name is Jeremy Lawson!! ;)

jkiserracing
11-20-2011, 08:35 PM
He sold what looked like ALL his gear to my friend. I bought a brand new set of Fly gear off him and have it now but the pants were too small :(....I have it for sale on here since I cant wear it. Too bad too. Nice gear!

KingpinsEx
11-21-2011, 05:25 PM
What happened to his new team?

ManiacalMisfits
12-19-2011, 09:23 PM
It was said to see creamer out of the nationals for 2011 after the championship, but i do have to say it was nice to see him ripping every weekend back in his old series were he started in neatv and se him and dustin wimmer fighting for the title. He was amazing on his can-am to and if it wasnt for a broken chain, sorry wimmer but creamer woulda had it, i was there filming and wimmer didnt have a chance. But i think wimer might be back in the nationals cuz i herd hes not racing neatv in 2012.

atvcrazy245!!
12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
I heard wimmer is not racing 2012 either. Its not lookin good, can't wait for the sport to rebound.

12-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Between Creamer, Wimmer, Lawson, etc, that's some serious talent that's not riding the "top" series in the country. I always did like Lawson, too.

ManiacalMisfits
12-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Well the fact that their the best is the reason they dont have rides cuz they deserve the best rides and noone will pay them, if they sign these other guys its cheeper. Its all about the money for these big teams and its just not there. On the good side of things, the word is JC9 will be back in Neatv on a Kawi! Be nice to see a diff brand winning besides can am or suzuki.

400exrip
12-22-2011, 01:16 PM
I thought I heard Mike Walsh say that Lawson was going to be switching to a Honda for 2012, But I guess not.

Pro riders spend to much money, There is no need to rebuild their bikes every 3 races when there is nothing wrong with them in the first place.

blaster99
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ManiacalMisfits
Well the fact that their the best is the reason they dont have rides cuz they deserve the best rides and noone will pay them, if they sign these other guys its cheeper. Its all about the money for these big teams and its just not there. On the good side of things, the word is JC9 will be back in Neatv on a Kawi! Be nice to see a diff brand winning besides can am or suzuki.

I'm 99% sure that is 100% false haha. He will be on a familiar brand, other than kawi...

ManiacalMisfits
12-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by blaster99
I'm 99% sure that is 100% false haha. He will be on a familiar brand, other than kawi...

Haha ok, thats wat i seen on neatv, would be cool though. Is he sticking with can-am?

RaceEcar191
12-22-2011, 05:24 PM
No good

LITE
12-22-2011, 05:50 PM
PRO TEAMS BUILD ENGINES EACH WEEK, FRAME S EVERY 2-3 RACES . THEY DO IT FOR HP. NO DNF'S PRO TEAMS HAVE BEEN DOING IT THAT FOR YEARS .

QuadJunkies
12-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exrip
I thought I heard Mike Walsh say that Lawson was going to be switching to a Honda for 2012, But I guess not.

Pro riders spend to much money, There is no need to rebuild their bikes every 3 races when there is nothing wrong with them in the first place. seriously? I know out here in our nationals our riders pound those motors each wk end and they do need that TLC if they want to stay on top.
Thats why they rebuild so often...so nothing IS wrong with them.

Wouldnt it be nice to get the royal treatment like the factory bike guys :p
Lol

rollie
12-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
seriously? I know out here in our nationals our riders pound those motors each wk end and they do need that TLC if they want to stay on top.
Thats why they rebuild so often...so nothing IS wrong with them.

Wouldnt it be nice to get the royal treatment like the factory bike guys :p
Lol

i think its more of the fact that normal riders/racers aren't aware of just hoow fast a pro can destroy a quad:p

FHKracingZ
12-25-2011, 09:46 PM
People need to realize that even a small privateer effort like walsh and some small companies have put out still cost over $100,000 a year to run.

At the end of the year if you are holding that #1 plate it is all worth it. If you have ONE DNF you are usually done. What is an extra 5-10k to ensure you have no problems.

stutzmanracing
12-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by 400exrip

Pro riders spend to much money, There is no need to rebuild their bikes every 3 races when there is nothing wrong with them in the first place. I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Pro riders put a lot of wear and tear on their bikes because their motos are a lot longer and not to mention the abuse they take from how hard pros ride. Plus they get a lot of stuff for free or a huge discount so why shouldn't they freshen or rebuild their bikes? And like the other guys said one DNF can ruin a whole season

quad2xtreme
12-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Most pro bikes have a stubby piston and only one ring, correct? I think at a minimum the top ends have to be redone often.

Do they put in new cranks, bearings, tranny gears, valves, etc. for every rebuild? If so, this sure would add up fast.